Register now to get rid of these ads!

lets see your battery box

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zgears, Sep 7, 2011.

1. zgears

zgears

I'm looking for ideas for a nice neat battery box behind the seat of my roadster. If you have a nice battery box lets see it.

2. Chopp'd49

Chopp'd49

I am using an Optima battery and made this tray out of 18 gauge flat sheetmetal. It is hard to see in this photo, but I think it is pretty cool

Attached Files:

3. RatPin

RatPin

guess we'll have to take your word for it...

4. frankenfords

frankenfords
    from SoCal

I like the early '60 Ford Econoline battery boxes. They have a sanitary latch, a rubber seal, and vents out of the bottom. I have one in the cargo area of my strip-style Falcon Wagon.

Attached Files:

5. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

That's pretty sweet

6. vert1940

vert1940

this is an antique metal picnic basket.the battery sits about 4 inches in the floor and the basket covers it.the bottom of the basket is cut out,and i welded tabs on the inside to hold it down. i made a shelf in the basket to carry tools.the basket has vent holes from the factory in it for air circulation for the food you would have put in it.eventually it gets painted same color as car with the ford logo in the top.you can pick these up in an antique shop for about $20.00

7. littlechris

littlechris
    from MILWAUKEE

that Econoline box is great

8. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

I built a area between the inside rear wall and trunk to house batt. and other things I wanted to hide. Cut a hole in the floor and dropped the batt. down 2''s so it couldn't move around. Still get to it easy if I need a jump.

Attached Files:

9. 33Tudor

33Tudor

Attached Files:

10. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On both my 32 3W and my 32 roadster ... I wanted to have as much trunk space as possible ... so my battery is under the seat. Henry Ford put the battery there for many years. I use a group 24 battery and it does not hang down below the frame rail.

11. Canuck

Canuck

Didn't have too much room in the trunk for a battery, so looked for a smaller battery. Decided on a Type 51 like the ones used in late model Honda's. Wasn't sure if one would have enough jam to start the big ol Buick so I made two boxes, one on each side of the Gas tank. Both boxes are vented under the car. Due to lack of room the tops are held on by screws and the sides of the boxes lift off.

Styled after a 50 cal. box with ropey welds, handles on top and front, color and a stencil.

If one battery has enough jam, will use the other box for spare parts or tool storage.

Canuck

Attached Files:

12. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

Nice work Deuce ! Dash lookin good also/

13. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Shoe box Ford 49-51. Very traditional and you have to love the louvers.:D I bolted it to the back side of the 32 K member on the pass side. A 32 sedan came with one and I finally figured out what it came from. You can't get one on a web site but they are usually not that expensive.

14. deuce666

deuce666
    from Oregon

I fabricated this battery box to fit inside the '32 Ford rails and crossmember. 10 gauge plate on the bottom, 16 gauge on the sides, and some left over '32 gennie parts to make the mount.

Attached Files: