Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rude Stude update Oct.2 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redlineracer42, Oct 5, 2011.

1. With the Help of Hotrod Hans,We have the Stude singin to the tune of [email protected]! 11lbs.in the slicks,leave on the chip @7400 motor pulls down to 5200 or so (but doesn't stumble)cuts a 1.51 60'and is goin thru the lights @6000! I am losing 20 hp by not hitting 6700 before the lights.This thing likes rpm! I'm gonna give it some!I am gonna remove the 4:88s and I think my old 5:38s will put it thru the traps at 7200...I hope no more...it used to...am I wingin this 3.75 stroke 6" rodded sbc to much? It sure seems to like rpm! Anybody help me here?

2. BadbeatFactory

BadbeatFactory

...all depends on the parts your spinning.

3. Lucky3

Lucky3

Depends on the internals.
    My sbc.....4.183 bore x 3.75 stroke, 780 hp on Alky, 7,600 rpm thru the lights, no problem !

4. Lunati Sledgehammer series non twist forging,Lunati Pro Mod series rods rated for 900 hp Mahle 11.3 flattops and assembled by Super Stock racer/engine builder Jeff Stealy (R.I.P.).These are not light parts but good pieces non-the-less,assembled by a master engine builder who has since left us.Who's wingin a 383 and bigger 7400 and more out there? lets hear from ya?

5. no one?

6. Yes, More gear, I can't remember if your car has a stick in it or not, if so, may back a little base pressure out of the pressure plate (If its adjustable). Jeff Stealy was a customer of mine and a good friend, God rest his soul.

7. PS. Love your car, I gotta get a Stude coupe or sedan! Also if you do have a stick and "take alittle clutch out of it, it'll shift easier too.

8. Your combo should make peak power somewhere near 7000 rpm, normally should run 500-700rpm higher than that in the lights so your definetly headed in the right direction. The added gear should really pic up the 60' and ET.

9. Ya the Ram pp is adjustable,it's at 1000lbs.now it can go down a bit,it's time to pull the can and check it out but seasons almost over,I wanna throw the gear at it,make some good runs,I think it will go 10.90s pretty easy with the 5:38s we shall see...sintered iron disc/11" 30lb. flywheel,Jeff recomended the disc and sadley he left us to soon...I am running a Liberty faceplated/modified TKO 600 NICE PIECE!!! shifts like jack-the-bear and then jog it in to O.D. and hang on....540 hp@6700 3300lbs. with driver... Thanks for takin the time to write! R~R

10. My brother in law (Chris Whitney) and good friend (Robert Pond) both run 427 4/speed Fairlanes in NHRA Stock Elim. Base pressure plate #'s can go as low as 350ish with counter weight added to it. If you are using any counter weight ( how much ?) you could probably drop a couple hundred pounds of base with no problem. Don't be afraid to keep sneaking the base down, just don't get to greedy. Of course all this depends on power, vehicle weight, how much you drive on the street and what the disc is made of etc. I no guys who have run McCleod street twins a 850-1000 pounds with no counter weight.

11. I have a sintered iron disc.The ram pp is adjustable and I have it at 1000lbs. now. There are no counter weights on this pp.I drive this ALOT on the street.The car weighs 3300! Makes 540 hp 490 ft lbs.I would rather slip the tires than the clutch,no?

12. Studemike

Studemike

Redlineracer please contact me in regards to my 42 Champion at [email protected]
    Thanks
    Mike