Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pictures of my flat head super charger

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROADSTER1927, Oct 4, 2011.

1. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I want to put this on a later flathead and I need all the 3 groove pulleys to run it.Enjoy the pics,if you have any pulleys or ideas for them,please send me a pm.Thanks have a great day Gary:)

Attached Files:

2. Never thought I could be jealous, envious, and aroused all at the same time, TR

3. Someday I'll find a Graham supercharger for my Chevrolet 4 :)

Nice catch- enjoy it!!!

4. I'm adapting one for my flathead :)

5. Give up (pass it on to me) and look for a McCulloch :) !

6. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

I have never seen anything like that ever! Sweeeet!

7. jipp

jipp

its all dirty better send it to me.. you do not want such a dirty piece crampin your style.. i do not have flat head so ill just treat as art :D
    chris.

8. A friend's dad GAVE me one of those back in the 80s. Stupid, I didn't have an engine it would work on so I stored it and it got left behind in one of many moves...

Is that another pulley on the back end of the shaft? The one I had didn't have any of the pulleys on it...

9. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

The pulley on the back runs the generator. Gary

10. woodypecker

woodypecker

Fantastic, Do whatever it takes to make it work.

11. so what are you missing?

12. HotRodJosh

HotRodJosh

Looks like a 1937 McCulloch. I run a 1940 on my flathead.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  13. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

That is a McCulloch, the first model they made before WW2.

You might try some kind of industrial supply house for the pulleys. Industrial machinery uses all kinds of different pulley and belt setups. They should have a catalog. Or search online.

There is probably a stock pulley that can be machined or adapted to your use.

Do a search for McCulloch or VS57 there was a web site by that name with a lot of info on McCulloch superchargers including a couple of pages on the prewar jobs.

14. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

top top Thanks Gary

15. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Any ideas for pulleys? Thanks Gary

16. Irish

Irish

Like Rusty said...build one.

17. barslazyr

barslazyr

Took this Picture because I thought it was cool.They only use two belts, Hope it helps

Attached Files:

18. nickk

nickk

i can dig it! awesome score

19. hambhawk

hambhawk
    from Bay Area

Goes up and up-- like a gothic cathedral.

looks so cool that it must be fake!!

is to too early to revive the term 'schwing!'?

20. Rockerhead

Rockerhead
    Member Emeritus

Congratulations on finding a 1936 McCulloch supercharger. It was designed for the early 21 stud Ford engine. The rear pulley drove the generator that was mounted back on the side of the cylinder head.
    Attached is a photo of my setup. It is also a 1936 blower. I use Ford truck water pumps with 2 groove pulleys to drive the supercharger and use one groove of the blower pulley to drive the generator, mounted similar to the 1937-1940 models. It is a great conversation item but do not expect too much hi-performance - it puts out about 2 psi. Have some fun with it.
    Don www.montgomeryhotrodbooks.com

Attached Files:

21. 61 Fairlane

61 Fairlane

If all else fails and you have the pullies for your engine, or you can mic the crank diameter, etc. Take the pulley off the supercharger and take it to a maching shop. There are plenty of guys around West Bend, Germantown and Milwaukee. I used a guy in Pewaukee to make up a pulley for me when I just couldnt find what I needed. It wasnt cheap but it wasnt expensive either.If you decide to go that route, PM me and Ill give you the guys contact info.
    You'll have to give the guy the pulley diameter size you want, which Im assuming is the same size as whats on the motor now, but I guess a supercharger that could be different, and then he can turn one for you with the correct Vee groove spacing.