Register now to get rid of these ads!

which bench seat fits best on 57 truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by revedup57, Oct 4, 2011.

1. revedup57

revedup57

Need help on this because I've heard so many things that I'm not sure which is correct. I want to get a bench seat to put in my 57 truck and want to be able to just bolt it in and go, if at all possible. Can anyone tell me which of the following if any will do this? Thanks!
    88-89 Chevy full size pickups
    99 Trailblazer
    S-10 ( dont know years)
    95-99 Tahoe 2nd & 3rd row
    07 Yukon 3rd row
    98 GMC Safri SLT
    and Dodge Dakota?

2. badshifter

badshifter

None of those will just bolt in. But you are in luck. A stock bench seat will just bolt right in.

3. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Ya, I heard that too... :rolleyes:

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A well done stock seat is probably going to be the most comfortable in the long run.
    As the others said nothing is a direct bolt in but you can probably put a later seat in by drilling four holes and bolting it to the floor. Try to find a seat in a standard cab truck as sometimes the leanback on extended cab trucks takes up too much room when you put them in standard cab trucks. From my experience with my 71 the 88 and up seats sit a bit higher than the older seats did and you end up looking out the windshield a bit higher than you did before. On my truck the damned mirror is right in my line of vision when looking off to the right now rather than sighting under it as I did before. But you could section a bit out of the bases real easy to lower the seat.

5. squirrel

squirrel

the 88-89 full size chevy truck bench seats have a thin backrest, which is nice if you're 6 feet tall so you can scoot the seat back a little further.

I have stock original seats in my trucks, they're not bad, but make sure you fix any broken springs, get good padding in it, adjust the backrest angle, etc.

(I'm assuming you have a chevy truck?)

6. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Ha! Ha! beat me to it!:D

7. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

I love the feel of a well broken bench seat. If you can keep the springs/wires out of your back.

What I done on my '66 was cut some foam sheets out of a F250 bench, then ziptie the scraps onto the bare springs of the original bench. Covered the seat back and bottom with some $6 Mexican blankets from a gas station, secured them with zipties, and the old seat lives another day.

[​IMG]

8. squirrel

squirrel

What I did when I had my 66 chevy truck was get another stock seat, steal the springs out of the pass side, put them in the driver side of mine, and recover it.

9. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

I don't remember if it bolts in using the original holes, but the 88-99 full size seats fit perfect and have room for adjustment using the risers and slides from the 88-99. I've upholstered them in two '57s and a '59. Great fit.