Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know about Lee Hartung?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slefain, Jul 7, 2011.

1. D-n-Tyke

D-n-Tyke

Seems preety sad that i tlooks like they are breaking up the individual collections. The Spark plug collection itself was broken up into 3 different lots.

2. PassionForCars

PassionForCars
    from Illinois

I am a family friend and joined specifically to reply to this comment. All I would like to say is that things are not always what they seem. We should trust that Lee's significant other, Margie, shared his passion and would do whatever it takes to ensure that all of these amazing items end up with collectors who will treasure and share them with other enthusiasts like Lee did. RIP Lee.

3. I went to the auction preview yesterday...WOW Lots of Stuff....
    He collected everything.
    More Model A's than anything..Only two 32 Sedans that I saw.
    The motorcycles were killer! Hit of the day for me.
    Good to see that a lot of them started via you tube.
    Lots of cool old parts also.
    I may try to go back Friday or Saturday to see what everything is selling for.

4. Friend / Hartung's

Friend / Hartung's
    from chicago

Friday Nov 4th 2011 Hartung's auction netted $ One Million 400K for all the Bikes, The bikers show there respect and bought stong Today.
    One guy won both the Flying Merkle for $180 K & The Pope $80 K alone. Heard a rusty Henderson frame went for $6K as one guy said its "crazy money" bidding or is it ?

5. Friend / Hartung's

Friend / Hartung's
    from chicago

Friday Nov 4th 2011 Hartung's Glenview IL

Attached Files:

6. Friend / Hartung's

Friend / Hartung's
    from chicago

"Lots of gray balding white guys running around in leather coats like school boys looking for candy" Glenview,IL Nov 4th 2011

7. Friend / Hartung's

Friend / Hartung's
    from chicago

NOS bike parts flew off the bidding tables as Bikers paid top dollar for Lee Roy's 50+ years of collecting, picking and dumpster diving ~ finds which shocked bidders as the prices quickly climbed in 45 to 60 second lot auctions, SLAM SOLD !!!!! "Your Number Sir ?" ~~~~~~~~~~~"Next Auction Number 6098" ~ 40 lots per hour, all day long.
    Whats RM Auction take Today ? whats 15% of 1 MILLION 400 K ?
    pass the gravy please

Now Saturday its the Cars turn ~ 3 Million ?

Attached Files:

8. Maybe there are some shills posting here,,,never saw so many NEWBYs posting here on this auction,,and probably never post again after the sale is over,,,,None of them filled out thier profile to join the HAMB.....STRANGE shit..

9. Many HAMB'rs were there and said that the bikes brought "Big" numbers and that the license plates were the Coolest and largest collection they've seen.

I'd like to head on down for the Saturday and see what happens...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  10. Matthew

Matthew
    from Burien, WA

11. metalshapes

metalshapes

I was just thinking that too...

12. flathead A

flathead A
    from michigan

15% of 1 million is 150k

13. gearguy

gearguy

Was that coupe [Model A like but different radiator shell] I saw on Palatine Road around 5PM tonight from the Hartung Auction? Too dark to take a cell phone picture but it looked complete other than the missing fabric roof.