Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just moved to Lakeland, Fl - Anyone need an extra hand on a project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fomoco31, Oct 3, 2011.

1. fomoco31

fomoco31

Like the title states, my wife and I just moved to Lakeland, Fl and I'm bored to death. I'm currently out of work so I've got a ton of free time. If you need a helping hand on a project and live 30 minutes or less away from me hit me up. I'd be glad to help out and meet new folks. I'm a Ford guy but I don't discriminate against anything made in the USA.

2. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

Welcome to Florida,and to the HAMB. I live About 35-40 minutes west of lakeland, Pasco County.

3. fomoco31

fomoco31

Cool! Are you going to go to the Billetproof drags in Lakeland in a few weeks?

4. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

I'm about an 1.5-2 hours east of you, on the coast....little to far to help out with a project....

But yeah, I'll be at the drags.

5. Dallas

Dallas
    from Tampa Fla

Come out to Don Garlits house the Saturday before BP Drags. Should be a good time.
    There's also a big party a Movin Man Rob's place, The Moneray Club, this Saturday in Ft. Lauderdale. Lots of banbs and car/bike show.

6. derbydad276

derbydad276

I was just down there seeing family in zephyrhills you moved to a beautifull area

7. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

I have seen these kind and heartfelt offers for help before on the HAMB and can appreciate the desire. However, put yourself in the other guys place. Would you want a complete stranger come hang around the shop/house/wife/kids?

Maybe you can develop some relationships by spending some time a shows, rod runs, swap meets, drags, etc. I would bet in short order you would make some friends who trust you, and who need help.

8. Jdee

Jdee

I'm not far at all, Winter Haven FLA. down the road.
    We are a Woodgraining Shop. If you plan on stopping in give a ring first I always have the gate locked ;) And if its open there is always a closed sign on the doors:rolleyes:
    299-4494 ext 2
    Jdee
    PS: I'm always here Hiding in the back haha...

A video we just made... Long and slow but its woodgraining
    What can I say haha...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  9. Welcome! Mark Feb 4th 2012, on your calender, for the Misfires CC annual Groundhog Gala. Not too far from you, maybe 1hr 15 minutes max.

10. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

11. fomoco31

fomoco31

I've never really looked at it that way but I could see how someone would be reluctant to my offer. I'm from a very small town in Alabama where I never had to deal with bad folks.

12. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

welcome to the Sunshine State (always be prepaired for rain and love bugs)

13. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

Yes I'll be there in my blown black model a.

14. 19Fordy

19Fordy

WELCOME to FL. Lots of folks with old cars and hot rods. Be sure to attend the Turkey Rod Run in Nov. at Daytona Beach Speedway. It's the best and biggest show in the state. Google it and you will see. Make hotel reservations early as they go fast.

15. Obsessedwithchop

Obsessedwithchop

Also from Lakeland. Be sure to hang out at the chop shop as I often due. Great food and hotrod/kustom atmosphere. I should also be at the billetdrags since its 5 min down the road

16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

This weekend... NSRA show at the Tampa Fairgrounds. The Lake Mirror Classic in Lakeland. Gary

17. raidmagic

raidmagic

Welcome to Florida. I'm just west of Tampa, not too far from you. If you go to the NSRA show this week end let me know maybe we can meet up there.

18. 62cadd

62cadd

Welcome,I'm near you actually around Kissimmee area, my name is Mario.... PM me if you want..