Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Haggard '57 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadCat68, Nov 16, 2010.

1. BadCat68

BadCat68
    from C.R. MN

I got offered and bought the car from my girlfriends uncle at a good price. Runs and drives, could use some TLC but i got all winter for that. Its got a 283 with 3 on the tree. rust free which is shockin for a original car that lives in minnesota. I got some ideas for it. and suggestions? it will be my summer daily driver. rain or shine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. New wheels, first and formeost!! :)

3. BadCat68

BadCat68
    from C.R. MN

yeah the wheels will go once i get some chromed steelies and white wall tires. to me they dont look right without white walls

4. Sounds like a good choice, I run them on my 40 too!

5. Sounds like a Beach Boys lyric.:D

6. bryan6902

bryan6902

Looks good! I know a guy in town who has everything you could possibly need for that car. PM me if you need/want his contact info.

7. sololobo

sololobo

Looks like a nice 57, this will make you a fun daily with the excellent "no waiting" feature (four doors). Perfect for all the errands and demands of the day. Love the mint green and white combo. When you tell the youngsters "three on the tree" don't be surprized when they don't understand. Have fun with the 57! ~Sololobo~

8. Even just stock black rims with whitewalls would look great! Nice score....

9. Nice little cruiser/driver. The stock 210 look all over. My opinion I would put blackwalls, car color 14" steelies, and find a used set of 57 hubcaps. This would give it a survivor look, sort of unmolested. It would also be an inexpensive avenue. At this point you could just enjoy this car for what is is and get plenty of looks. The 283 tott is a plus for the car. Replace the grille bar and get the correct front seat cover, then stop, enjoy the car. If you really like the 57's seek out a 150 or 210 2-door post and build a street pounder:eek::D. You will have the best of both worlds:). Just saying, my 2 cents, good luck. :)

10. lawman

lawman

Very nice buy !!!! Tom (Tired Old Man)

11. jchav62

jchav62

I couldn't agree more! :D

12. ditto

13. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

i thought it was going to be merle haggard's 57 chevy.:confused:

14. BadCat68

BadCat68
    from C.R. MN

thanks everyone.

im only 23 and its funny when my friends go whats 3 on the tree??? then they ask if they can drive it...

i look forward to people tryin to be funny asking if its my dads car haha

15. BadCat68

BadCat68
    from C.R. MN

sooo after trying to sell the car and just wasting my time im keeping it. and buy keeping it i mean take it apart and make the neighbors mad.

i stopped driving it around town because the drum brakes suck in the city. i've had spindles to drop the front end down and convert to disc brakes.

start of the day
    [​IMG]
    side by side with the wrong rotor.. now i have the right ones
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    new spindle in
    [​IMG]

once i get the rest of the parts on the car ill post some more. and use a real camera this time...