Register now to get rid of these ads!

Canadian street rodding hall of fame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TIME TRAVELLER, Oct 3, 2011.

1. <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> The Canadian Street Rodding Hall of Fame is inducting another member this year. This time it’s Gary Weldon from Millgrove, Ontario. For you Buick fans, Gary is your guy. His injected nailhead powered ’28 roadster has gone 197 mph at Bonneville, pushed and towed by his nailhead powered daily driven ’48 Ford pickup, and the turbo nailhead in his chopped “A” has taken him everywhere in the many years since he built it.

The gala evening for the Canadian Street Rodding Hall of Fame will be held on Saturday October 22<sup>nd </sup>at the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 551, 79 Hamilton St. N, Waterdown, Ontario. The cost of the entire evening, including a delicious meal, live rock-n-roll band and dance, is only $30.00 per person. A cash bar will be available and dress is casual. We will meet and greet at 5:30 pm, with the meal and ceremonies beginning at 6:30 pm.

Paul Horton of Welder Series is a past inductee into the Hall of Fame and is on the steering committee, so you can get your tickets ahead of time by calling Paul at 1-888-648-2150 (toll free) and just use your credit card.

Come and help us celebrate Gary’s contribution to street rodding in Canada with a great evening of food and entertainment. See you there.

2. If I'll be in the area at the time, I'll be going. Great guy.

3. Special Ed

Special Ed

That's great to see guys being recognized like this. Good going!

4. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Here's the link to the Canadian Street Rodding Hall of Fame site: http://csrhof.com/

It's always a great evening!

5. Cword

Cword

Dad and I talked about this yesterday, I wish he felt strong enough to make the trip. We'd sure like to be there

Our congratulations to Gary!
    [​IMG]
    This is the only picture I have handy.

6. bob t!

bob t!
    BANNED

Gary is one of those unsung hero,s of traditional hot rodding. Everything he does is old L.O.L. For a Rod & Custom feature see July 2002 page 88. That explains it all.

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Congrats to Gary!.. He is a Wonderful and deserving fella!

8. ardyboy

ardyboy

Congrats to Gary. Some pretty cool machinery there. Bonneville is at the top of my wannago list.

9. 52Poncho

52Poncho

Congratulations to Gary on your induction to the Canadian Rodding Hall of Fame! You are very deserving of this award.

Also a special note to Mike's dad, Don Siewert (a previous inductee 2009 and a member of the 200MPH Club), hope your feeling better. :)

For those who do not know Don Siewert here is his link to the Canadian Rodding Hall of Fame.

http://csrhof.com/induction/2009/siewert.pdf

PS: Mike is Cword on the HAMB

10. Mike, give your Dad our best wishes. We'd love to have you guys back here but his health is far more important. Just keep doing what you're doing.

11. QB409

QB409

Congratulations to Gary, the Buick Guru! Well deserved.

12. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Gary has the World's Fastest Nailhead, which is just great and now a Memeber of the Canadian Street Rodding Hall of Fame !

Congratulations Gary.

Neil....

13. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Tomorrow night!
    Sneak preview: It's a 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54...

14. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

I traveled with Gary in 2007 to Bonneville. The only year of many he didn't bring his roadster. For us rookies, Gary showed us the ropes of Bonneville and took special care of us in the pit areas. You could tell from the other racers the amount of respect they have for him. His Model A with the turbo-charged nailhead is a sight to behold!

15. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Here's Gary's speech at the gala for those who couldn't make it. I wonder what next years inductee will take off on stage? :D

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NtYyv9YRw2k" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>