Register now to get rid of these ads!

mysterious intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mooseknuckle, Oct 2, 2011.

1. mooseknuckle

mooseknuckle
    from Santee

So i started going through the garage today, going through stuff that needs to be either thrown out, reorganized, sold, etc etc etc. i came across an intake thats been setting in the garage collecting dust for 20 + years. So i thought i would try and find out what it is exactly. My pops came across the intake when he was working at a 10,000 autoparts store(when they were still around.) A homeless man walked into his store trying to pawn it off for some money to get some food, so my pops bought it. Anyways, we think its for a BBC but we arnt sure, some of the ports seem different. we cant find any info on it, so any info that you guys could give or any opinions or anything really, would be appreciated

Attached Files:

2. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

looks oval port bbc to me but missing some bolt holes due to runner design

3. badshifter

badshifter

It's BBC, what mounting holes are missing? 6 per side like every BBC manifold I've seen. We used to get CB Performance intakes for Drag Race VW's. Maybe it's the same company, as those look like Weber flanges.

4. Deuces

Deuces

That intake can also be used as a Hilborn style fuel injection intake with a couple of modifications...
    Just unscrew the cap screws for those Weber carb adaptors and you can bolt on some fuelie stacks with the throttle bases... You might have to machine the intake for a fuel distribution block...

5. Chuck Most

Chuck Most
    from Saskatoon

I though maybe it was a Hilborn-type intake but didn't see a mounting boss for a distribution block- that intake would look badass with four Webers though.

6. purpleflameguy

purpleflameguy

Would you be interested in selling? Thanks
    Denny

7. Deuces

Deuces

Love your avatar dude!! :)
    Lions 4 & 0.... Sweeeeeeeet! :D

8. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

X2. My oldest boy helped Corey Slesinger (sp) in math class in High School. We are pretty proud of Suh as well, being from Nebraska.

9. robleticia

robleticia

Obsolete and worthless, PM me for my address to get rid of it!