Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Iowa Cruise to Woods this weekend Ft. Dodge - U going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Sep 27, 2011.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

2. For an event that will have 1200+ cars nobody here is going but me! I got ya cover John!! I got a message on my phone last night saying that they have 606 pre-registered entry for the show. Should be a great turnout with great weather!!

3. Sure i see how John rolls no new bibbers for him then! But dont worry CAMEL TOE KID has your back! I ll be there with bells on!

4. Xea

Xea

I'm going to Hopkinton. Maybe take my bobber Indian or the ol' Ladys 70 FLH.

5. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

Im going ! i'll look for u bruce in stratford ?and john i'll wear my bibs for you.

6. Awesome we'll see you in Stratford Porkchop and Camel Toe can't wait to see you again to give you hell! Is Gentry coming also?

7. Of coarse ! Hes my partner in crime! Hes my bitch!

8. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

im planning on going haven't missed one in years ! not sure what i'll drive yet though everythings tore apart right now , prolly my 65 falcon or be riding in my buddys 46 ford !

9. LoL!!! Great we'll see you guys there, can't wait!!

10. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

my votes the 65 brock.

11. oldpaint

oldpaint

I'll be there.

The WC Cruisers do a great job of hosting this event. Looking forward to seeing the pedal cars they are giving away. The ones the area body shops have painted.

12. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Really wanted to go this year but I'm saving up for Hunnert!

13. Remember kiddies theres grudge old style drag racing at humbolt dragstrip on saturday also so if you want to see some neat shit you should attend! Gates open at 11 to 4 for registration racin 5 til whenever!

14. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I'm going to check out Hopkinton this year.

15. Master of None

Master of None

so if you want to see some neat shit you should attend! Gates open at 11 to 4 for registration racin 5 til whenever![/QUOTE]

So your not bringing your car then?:D

16. Toad that cant you in that car! that must be your mamas car!

17. Your rite mastrbater of one im bringin my hearse!

18. not dead yet

not dead yet

I'll be there just to chaperone the Camel Toe and Master.

19. LOL they let anyone on here! Be fun to pal with you again mr. G!

20. Outsiders are cruising to the Woods.

21. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i'll be driving my 65 falcon ! wimbeldon white with a primered teardrop hood ! nevermind the wheels theyve been on the car since i was 14 ! i assure you i have steel wheels getting powdercoater for the back and torque thrusts for up front lol ! besides it's pretty much the only car i dont have tore apart right now ! see you there

22. old me

old me
    from Iowa

Beautiful day for the Cruise!
    Heard 660 cars pre entered-other than the usual late model Vettes, Camaros, and Mustangs, there was a lot of stuff to look at. Fine time to leave the camera at home-duh.

23. Xea

Xea

Had a very nice day at the Hopkinton show. They where expecting about 125 cars and got in the nieghborhood of 225. For a second year show the turnout was pretty excellent. I met a fellow HAMBer who had a very, very nice little jewel of a truck (Nice to have met you Blue49). All in all a pleasant day.

24. the Cruise was fun, perfect weather and route 5 was picturesque Iowa-in-harvest-season. Thanks to Stevie Nash for riding shotgun. It was nice to meet dirtbag13: nice Falcon!

**This was my first Cruise to the Woods - didn't realize it is open to ANY car, seemed like Corvettes, Mustangs and Camaros ruled the day. Saw a few nice hot rods but not many: maybe 25% of the 1,200+ cars were "in my interest group". Nevertheless it was a good day: we stopped at my brother's farm on the way out of Fort Dodge and visited, stopped in Iowa Falls for dinner, didn't get home until almost 9pm Sunday.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  25. Xea: got any pics of Hopkinton? was that more Hamb-friendly than Cruise to the Woods?

26. Xea

Xea

It was definatly HAMB friendly. I got some pics on my phone if I can get them onto my computer. I was thinking of looking you and the Outcasts up here in the near future.

27. Gearhead 10

Gearhead 10
    from NW Iowa

My first time to Fort Dodge also. I was shocked on how many cars attend this event. Was also surprised on how many sports cars and new stuff was there, but i guess in a way that is good, something for everyone that way. I'm more of a hot rodder myself. I got some pics just havent had time to upload em from my phone yet. All in all good show!

28. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I heard that they had over 1500 cars at Cruise to the Woods!!! WOW.
    Hope all the people that went to these shows will support Vintage Torque Fest in May.

29. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

This was my first time to go this year. Left at 6:00 am. Stratford was loaded with cars, final stop before going to Fort Dodge. The drive into Fort Dodge was neat which included the drive threw the State park. By the time I arrived in the show grounds, My car was as dirty as heck. It needed a car wash more than a minor dusting off, so I left it as is. Of coarse there was a car next to me with the hood up that was spotless. Talked to Barb at registration, gonna start another cruise route. Leav`in from a guys muscle car museum in Clarinda, then to Creston on Highway 34 to 169, on on up to Winterset and continue to Stratford. This route should fill the void they were looking for.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  30. This is always a good show and seems to just keep growing.