Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs shock mounts for my 4 link

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big creep, Jul 17, 2011.

1. big creep

big creep

hey guys and gals, so its time to get my project done and i need advice on new shock mounts! this is for my shoebox with a gambino's c notch 4 link kit!

i checked speedway and ridetech, paul hortons welder series, but i need help.
    what i need are pictures of what you guys have done or suggest?

i did do a search but not much came up, just a few and not many pictures, and i need a better idea. and any alliance vendors have a kit? i rather buy from some one here than anywhere else!

thanks for the help!

2. big creep

big creep

3. 69fury

69fury

4. big creep

big creep

thanks but i need pictures of the 4 link with the shocks mounted. anyone else?

5. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

search for "4 link set up" or " shock Location" here on the HAMB I know theres some here, but you can do the same thing on yahoo.com go to the picture tab and search, but the HAMB is the best.

6. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Just an observation... shouldn't a "kit" come with shocks and shock mounts?

7. aaggie

aaggie

It really doesn't matter much where you mount them as long as you use some common sense.

As far outboard as you can, don't angle more than 30 degrees max, mount in verticle plane. Tack weld all of the brackets then put a jack under the center section and cycle the suspension through it's full travel to check for any binding. If all checks out fire up the welder.

8. big creep

big creep

thanks i figured as much, guess ill give it a shot! i dont weld much, but i have a few friends that can help. thanks for the info!

9. throttlein

throttlein

I'm running the same setup as you on my shoebox. I used speedway's lower coilover/ shock mount with the three mounting holes. It worked good and the adjustment holes allowed me to bottom out my shocks before my bagswhen I jack the ass end up.

10. I make mine out of 2x3" square tubing....cut diagonally across the 3" side and then cut the radius for the axle housing (using a contour gauge or similar radius.....cutoff wheel, etc.). Then I drill a few holes to allow for adjustment, weld, and mount with a standard shock-mount stud.

For the tops, I mount 'em off the bridge bar using grade 8 bolts.

On my '51 (pictured), I reinforced the top mounts by welding a piece of square tubing to the bridge bar for the bolt to pass through....the top eye of the shock fits inside the tubing.

Bryan

Attached Files:

11. big creep

big creep

thanks bryan!!! so simple!

12. WCRiot

WCRiot

Bryan,
    I sent Gambino a PM asking him what I should use since I have his 4 link in my 54 Chevy.
    But I decided to do a little more searching to see what I find on here.
    This is a neat little trick you use.

13. badshifter

badshifter

I realize this is an old post and the problem is probably already solved. Just in case, the lower 4 link bolt is a used as a shock mount, and a mount fabbed up above. Simple, works.

Attached Files: