Register now to get rid of these ads!

Courtney Halowell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Killer, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Killer

Killer

UPDATE
    ** new account number for donations**
    Wells Fargo Courtney Halowell account # 9271103518

2. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Any word on the service?

3. I just saw this and I wish I had seen it sooner,Courtney and I became friends when I worked for Ron Simms and he was doing the hot bike mag gig,we had some good times at alotta major events like Sturgis,Hollister etc. and then some,he even came and visited me in oregon to cover a mini truck show.........more good times,He and I stayed in touch and I was lucky enough to visit him a couple of years ago in Califorina,I wish other people here and in the hotrod world could have known what a good guy he was...........this is a dark day and I will pray for Tito and his friends and family...........

4. LanceM

LanceM
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I worked with Courtney first as the FNG on MiniTruckin' in 1995. He left MT, and then returned to MT as the Editor in Chief and we worked together for a few months before the man left to work on Street Trucks. That left me to learn what he'd taught me, and fend for myself to make MiniTruckin' Magazine my own. During that time, I got to know the man very well and enjoyed every minute of the job. I'll never forget the crazy days at the office, or being pinned between Courtney and Mike Shartsis on a plane trip back East for a show. I literally had to throw food at my face trying to eat during the flight (there wasn't a lot of room in the middle seat between those two). Another time at the office, I remember hearing him talking to me from his office (I sat in a cubicle just outside the Editor's office at the time). Things got really quiet, and I didn't think much of it, until I felt the cold & sweaty presence of Court's not-so-small belly slathering my neck. -Typical Courtney!

I'll miss you Court... thank you for everything. Thank you for being there to help anyone you saw who needed a hand. Thank you for being there for me.

- Perhaps you knew how much you were loved by us all, but I can't imagine you knew to what degree.

Negative Camber, the world mourns with you.

5. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

A good man that was taken far too soon. Court was a local guy here from El Cajon and always someone who was willing to go out of his way to help out. "OGNC" as many knew him here, will be sorely missed by many. RIP Court...

6. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

Life is short! So sorry to hear this news. Taslked with him a couple of times, he was very nice to us, even though we never met! Hug your loved ones today, in Courtney's honor!

7. jimmydeansgirl

jimmydeansgirl

Hambers-
    This is to thank all of you for your wonderful memories and kind thoughts of our son, Courtney "Tito" Halowell. On Thursday we became members of a club no one ever wants to join- A parent who lost a child.

Plans are underway for a memorial service in San Diego and Riverside. We have no specific details on dates and locations at this time, but know that the services will be an honoring to our son. There is an account set up at Wells Fargo, Riverside for anyone wishing to make a charitable donation. Wells Fargo Tito Account - 9271103518 in lieu of flowers. We are hoping to donate money to the Nor Cal Animal Rescue Center, and several causes close to Courtney's heart.
    We thank you all and are so very grateful to you for caring so deeply.
    Court's parents- Maggie and Frank Halowell and Carol Halowell, as well as Cherry

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear the news. My deepest condolences to you, the rest of his family and his many, many legions of friends. I can not imagine the heartach. :(

9. Killer

Killer

check www.courtneyhalowell.com for service and memorial info. Please share a story or photo if you have any.

The big celebration of life will be Sept 4 at Devious Customs in Riverside. I'd really like to see a nice showing of hot rods and customs there.

Also, please take a moment of silence or pray to help lift him up as he will be cremated and turned from Body to Spirit today at 1pm pst.

Thanks everyone.

10. Hey Jason, Did they ever find a cause? Was it another stroke? Bells Palsy isn't a life threatening disease so we know that wasn't it. Knowing might help someone else with similar symptoms.

11. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

12. jimmydeansgirl

jimmydeansgirl

hypertensive cardiovascular disease... :'-(

13. Thanks Cherry. I figured it had to be something more like that. After his stroke we talked a bit about my heart attacks and causes and symptoms, wish I could have somehow helped more .....

14. RIP Courtney, you were an inspiration.

15. nver2low

nver2low

16. 46stude

46stude

Y'know, the HAMB is such a fast moving site nowadays that I don't check the main board on a regular basis- now I kinda wish I hadn't checked in this evening. I saw the auctions & realized who it was- like gettin' hit in the chest w/ a 2X4.

Back in '05, I bought a bunch of old wheels from Groucho- six 19" & two 16" Ford wires. I needed a relay to get 'em to the Lonestar Roundup. Court was planning on caravanning down from Cali & so he offered to bring them to me. We'd never met or even conversed thru the HAMB before that, but he was willing to relay them anyways.

Fast forward to the LSRU- he ended up driving some SUV down that he was road-testing for a mag. After we unloaded the wheels into my truck, he tells me that he's so glad to finally have them outta the SUV. Seems they clanked & rattled together the whole trip from Cali to Austin no matter how many ways he tried to arrange them.

Court is one of the few members of the HAMB that I've met face to face, as I tend to shy away from social gatherings. You can ask Denise- I've been to about 8 Roundups & always manage to "miss" the meet & greets. I'm proud to have met Court & hate to hear the news of his passing. Godspeed

17. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

My respect to the closest thing I ever had to a mentor......added this to my photo trigger finger last night [​IMG]

18. FONZI

FONZI

RIP brotha. I did not know Courtney that well, but the time I did spend with him was memorable. One of those guys you can't help but enjoy being around. Prayers to the family.

FONZI

19. duke182

duke182

rip to the friend i never met.
    i say that because i have read so much of his work.
    my prayers go out to his family and friends.

20. i just found out....Shocked....RIP

21. ryno

ryno

Thats awesome John

22. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

R.I.P. .... I had the chance to get contact with courtney through the net for some tech info. He never met me but he was kind enough to share his knowledge. This is what it's all about, helping eachother everytime.... I never had the chance to get him on the phone or meet him but i will allways remember him as a stand up guy...an true guy

thanks courtney and godspeed........................

see ya