Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamb avatars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by V4F, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Hi-Flying

Hi-Flying

Own it ,Drive it never been on a trailer.

Attached Files:

2. melsfine39

melsfine39

Yes! I own, built, and drive my 39 Chevy, I am the third owner of this car and have owned it since 1989 when I bought it as a stocker, drove it two summers then tore it apart and rebuilt it. Here are some photos of when it was a stocker, running it at Norwalk and one where I cracked it up!(its all fixed now!). mel:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  3. ezdusit

ezdusit

I've owned the avatar car ('32 Plymouth Model PB coupe) for 49 years. I drove it 80 miles to a show yesterday. It was the oldest car at the show -- mostly muscle cars and corvettes, but we had a great time talking to folks and letting kids get behind the wheel. It's not my everyday car anymore, but I still get a kick out of driving it.

4. Own it and drive it, not everyday, but as much as possible.

5. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

i own and drive mine and the others in my album every chance we get

6. hotrod428

hotrod428

I've driven it just about every day when there's no snow on the ground for the last 5 years. 48,000 plus miles.

7. I drive only the Pretty ones !

8. dad-bud

dad-bud

Not any longer - chopped 37 tudor, '70 350 LT1, 'glide, 8", dropped tube axle, big n littles on steelies waaaaaaay before they became re-fashionable (the pic is at the '83 Nationals in Mildura, Vic). Sold her to finance a life (well, to get where I am today, anyway - I've missed her ever since.
    Now I can afford one, but no time to build one (also a decided lack of skills).
    eBay and HAMB Cars for Sale help to keep the dream alive though. The cheque book's not bulging, but the itch needs scratching soon.

9. spiker

spiker

Yup, I've owned the purple Buick for 16 years, the black 33 Ford coupe for around 10 years, and I built the 40 Ford/Buick truck 3-1/2 years ago and have put 30,000 miles on it. I drive the snot out of all three, just pissed I can't drive them all at once. My wife and I have put on well over 100,000 miles between the 3.

10. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Mine is normally a young lady of some sorts but changed to show my rolling circus. Not an overly HAMB featured car but what the hell. Fits the criteria just about i hope, has too many doors for some folk but i love it all the same. Due to my job loss recently its been hard to keep of hold of it but so far so good. Used as much as possible though coming off the road this winter for a lowering job among a few things.

11. Convert54

Convert54
    from Oklahoma

its mine, since 1982, and its in the shop on its third build.............so not driving now but

12. Jack60

Jack60
    from Maryland

Bought mine to drive till I die........... Now It's not all driving, had to put new wheel bearings, king pins, new solid roller cam. Put a 5 speed in and drive her every chance I get.
    This spring and summer has been hard, blew my motor up, no money so I pulled a old 283 out of my 55 Cameo that hasn't been on the road in 20+ years, cleaned her up and running, yes she smokes I put valve seals and umbrella's, still smokes she needs a rebuild but the Vette is rolling down the road again. I just call her Old Smokey....:D

[​IMG]

13. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

14. A guy had some of these old vanity plates for sale at the flea market over the summer, so I bought a few, decided to make one my avatar for now.

15. I own the truck in my avatar... but it is a work in progress, so I don't get to drive it just yet. Can't wait though. I pick up the 5 speed for it Tuesday.

16. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

I do own it and intend on driving it and drag racing it in a couple years. Build thread coming.

17. s1buell

s1buell
    from Indiana

Own and Drive mine on all days without rain or snow. :D

18. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Mine is definitely a modified version of wishful thinking.

19. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I own built and drive mine. I don't drive it as much as I should.

Attached Files:

20. 1gearhead

1gearhead

I own it and work on it. It isn't drivable yet, but soon I hope.

Attached Files:

21. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

I owned it quite a few years ago.and drove it quite a lot. Sold it to a friend and the last I heard he was still cruisn it.

22. Original57

Original57

I imported mine early last year. Hoping to be on the road in the next month or so. All original aside from the repaint a couple of years back. Apart from having to get a new windshield, the rest has all been minor things. Oh, nearly forgot to mention about the sills being almost entirely rusted out! I guess "no rust" doesn't always mean "no rust". :D:D

23. BirdGuy

BirdGuy
    from Central PA

Yup, own & drive whenever I can.

24. countspanko

countspanko

Stanley mouse/roth/27 years ON RDSTR.WHERE WAS YOU IN 62 HAMBONE ?

Attached Files:

25. jrt49box

jrt49box

I own and drive mine as much as posssible, except snow and ice!

26. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Yeah, I drive the old thing.....

27. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

I still wear the pelt daily...

28. IAVWGUY

IAVWGUY

I own and drive my 36 dodge as much as possible.

29. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

own and drive it!

30. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Drove again at the Dover Drags reunion this past August this time we got to race it. Got pictures this time.

Pat

Attached Files: