Register now to get rid of these ads!

up close pics of my car for those who asked!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DIRTYT, May 22, 2005.

1. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

fathack keeps posting pics of our cars and some people have asked for some detailed shots of it so i thought i would share them. the first pic is the motor. its just a 85 305 out of my old truck has a isky supercam edelbrock performer rpm and 600cfm carb hei and a leaky japanese thermostat housing:D bolted to that is a bad ass th350 i got from earlschieb!
    the next shot is of the interior/dash nothing special here but u can see my new sweet ass lexan windsheild 62 wagon cut and installed for me! and my stupid tall shifter i made for 4 bucks:rolleyes:

2. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

here is what my trunk has to look like to get the car to sit on the ground. rear wheel wells have been cut up (they will get new ones soon) and i had to run 14 inch wheels with 195 70's. i have the huge ass air tank chilling there hidning the c notch and bridge. it has all 1/2" lines and valves. Next pic i tried to take a pic of the bridge i built and the bag mounts but it was kinda tricky. but thats what it takes to set her on the ground

3. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

im still torn on this grill at the moment but i want to see what you guys think. if i do this grill ill prob put the stock bumper on but flip it upside down. its a f-1 grill with 2 xtra teeth. and i was going to round up the opening ala bass style of course;)

And here is on last shot of my windsheild. it has a rubber gasket holding it in and all. much better then cracked plexi glass and packing tape:D

4. NICE! What do you use to seal the wooden gas tank??????? (that shit's funny, huh?)

5. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

hahaha o yea thats my old shell box i got at a garage sale for 2 bucks. it makes a cool little tool box and to carry xtra parts in.:D

6. Anchor

Anchor
    from N/A

Those are gorgeous.

Erin

7. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Man I really dig your ride

8. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

Thanks man! but what do you all think of that grill??? its between that and a 55 olds bar at the moment.

9. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Let's shed a little light on that grille for the folks playing along at home...

10. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

you and your damn bright lights on everything.:D

11. v8minor

v8minor

real nice , how do you think the lexan will hold up . I need to sort out a screen for my car was thinking about lexan. But then do not know if the tightass frukers over here would let me run it for a screen ,we have so many rules and shit .
    I really need to get back working on the car everytime I see you and fathacks car it gets to me more ,look at the fun you guys are having!!
    great work .

12. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

the lexan got scratched as we were bending it for the curve but i found out thru a buddy that 3m makes a 3 step polish/wax deal for lexan he said it works great. i have 1/4" stuff and man this stuff is tuff! just dont tell them its lexan and i bet they wont be able to tell.;)

13. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Hey Bryan !

Long time no hear.Your Chevy looks really good and it's nice to see the progress.Don't just go with the grille.It's way too bulky and reminds me of something like this :

[​IMG]

I know you prefer the floating bar style as well.Everything on the car is round and it flows nicely and suddenly there are these huge teeth...don't get me wrong, no offense but I think the car would look a lot better with a more delicate grille.Other than that,it looks pretty bitchin' !

14. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

I vote olds grill but then I could change my mind if I saw it with the bumper on it.

15. v8minor

v8minor

Thanks I think I will try it, is it easy to bend into shape .Do you think it would work as the split screen
    Years ago I got some stuff for the rear window on a custom van. It was what the cops used over here for their screens and you could not break it .It was bullet proof but scratched easy.

16. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

yea its scratches preety easy but im going to try out this 3m polish. and u can use it as a 2 peice no problem then you wouldnt have to bend the center. we used a propan torch and just held it close the bend we wanted then heated it. send 62wagon a pm he really did all the work on mine i just watched most of the time:D

17. Your roof has a good look to it Bryan- Like it a lot!
    I vote floatin bar grille.......get one of those accessory grille guards they sell for a 49-53 chevy and ditch the uprights-just use the bar off the top of it -they are nice........

18. ray

ray
    from colorado

soooo, what'd ya photoshop off the tank?:D

19. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

It was a nude self portrait!!!:eek: :D

20. Meester P

Meester P

kookie
    If you check out Jon Rickards Volvo on the UKK site you will see he has run a plexiglass front screen for 3 yrs as a daily driver and not had any trouble with it.
    Don't know how your Mot goes over in the emerald isle but over here in the uk it is NOT an mot failure but it comes under construction and use regs, so you can have an mot but an eagle eyed cop can still do you for it.
    Hope your healed up enough to get back to working on the chev.
    john

21. Roothawg

Roothawg

I say nix the grill........

22. mikes51

mikes51

Great stance and chop on that Chev. I think the grill is a good alternative to the too expensive Desoto one. Suggestion, can you shorten the grill bottoms so there is more space between the grill tops and the hood?

23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

bad ass man, lookin good.

that start as a coupe or a two door sedan?

24. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

it started as a two door sedan.... here is a pic of it..

and yea i would have to shorten the teeth to get it to fit right. but then it might look like a bunch of weirdness going on. im going to get that olds bar later this week and take some pics and ill see looks better then.

25. 62 wagon

62 wagon
    from DETROIT

I know that car i'm going to poke a hole in the rad. lol

26. phattpat

phattpat
    from Armada, MI

Damn man-- lookin' nice!! I need to come over and check that rear end set up of yours... I want to do something like that to mine. I dig the grille you have now... but one of those Moon-type spun alum tanks (I ferget what they're called) would be pretty smokin' in there, too...