Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sunday Models: 10/2/11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nitro Marty, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

I know it's been a while since I posted anything here, but I guess I'll kick off Sunday Models with my latest build...

[​IMG]

Revell's '26 T sedan gave up it's body, which was given a healthy top chop
    and dropped over an MPC "Winged Express" chassis...
    Front axle is an old Revell Parts Pack item, with radius rods and front
    wires and tires from their 22jr. dragster kit... Rear wheels and slicks are from the "Winged Express also....
    Injected small block Chevy is a a conglomeration of Revell and AMT Parts Pack, as well as AMT Double Dragster bits...
    Paint is Grabber Orange, Testors Lacquer, cleared with Future floor finish.... Windows were cut from green tinted acetate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, those four names on the door...
    Those, of course represent the "race team" formed by myself and the three guys who inspire and challenge me the most..
    Fellow NITTC, KKIM and Build n Bull Gang members, Frank LuQue, Tom "Sparky" Border, and Les Gibbens.... Thanks, gang!!!

[​IMG]

So' there it is, folks.... Hope y'all can dig it!!!

2. Pics from the CPMCC meeting yesterday,,,,,,,,,,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

4. melsfine39

melsfine39

I posted these awhile back, thought I'd put em' up again, I mean who doesn't like Bubble tops?!! Mel:D

Attached Files:

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Just a reminder, the model contest at NSRA's Southeast Nats in Tampa Oct 14-16 is still going strong. Bring you models down too, if you are coming to the show with your 1:1 ride. The contest is hosted by MAGS, Modeling Associates of the Gulf State. Contact Pat Parnell 813-597-3642 or Dave Knight at 727-443-4709 (or email [email protected] ) if you have questions. Later, Gary

Also see: http://nsra-usa.com/ www.mags.name

6. C-man405

C-man405
    from oswego ill

this is my 56 ford in the works.

Attached Files:

7. fbama73

fbama73

Surf's up!

[​IMG]

Katie didn't bring an extra board, but she did bring enough liquid refreshment to share
    [​IMG]

8. John B

John B

katie is one cool chick or just knows how to attract a guy. :)

9. fbama73

fbama73

Katie is quite the interesting young lady. She loves to decorate cool cars:
    [​IMG]

But she'd MUCH rather be building them!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She's not exactly the most graceful gaL, though. That's why everyone knows her as "Klutzy Katie"

10. Pete McKay

Pete McKay
    from Fresno, CA

Got the High Roller '50 Austin AA/ALT out into the sun today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Huge difference between the Gasser and this...

Shortened The Hawaiian funny car chassis, Revel parts pack blown 427, about 30 hours, most of in massaging the body. It wasn't just gluing the hood and doors shut, I went back and dremeled out all of the firewall, door and hood hinge supports and other body supports, then sanded it all realtively smooth. Much of the funny car interior tin was modified to fit.

Revell Ferarri California - In Progress

[​IMG]

...sunglasses on the console.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  11. Deuces

Deuces

My pal "Slingshot" found this on the net... BIG THUMBS UP for the person that built it!! ;):)

Attached Files:

12. KIRK!

KIRK!

wow!

13. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah, that's what I said when I first seen it... :D
    Wish I was that good.. :(

14. Nice work gang. Nice stuff Marty, love the insani-T.
    That figure with the torch is the first scale girl I've seen that is really realy nicely done, the paint work is nice too. The one in the red dress isn't too bad either,...

I'm spraying primer my '50 Chevy pick up today,... hope all the hours of filling and sanding pay off... Pictures to follow some day soon, I hope.

[​IMG]

15. Deuces

Deuces

16. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

[​IMG]

Always good to see your creations Marty.

Good job as always!:cool:

17. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Here's an in progress of a club de mer curbside kit.Planning so far is to convert to a saltflats racer.I had seen it done years ago,and want to try it as well.

[​IMG]

18. customcory

customcory

Just scored a AMT 59 Buick off e-bay! Been after one for years. :D
    [​IMG]

19. Here's a mockup of my Hudson using the ribbed bumper from the Revell '49 Mercury kit. It's going to take a little work but I think I'm going to do it.

[​IMG]

20. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

21. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

That is a cool one cory.And the bonus is there isn't a drop of paint to strip:D

22. ...more Cedarville pics...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Damn I didnt even know about the Cedarville show. My son and i would have come out, we enjoyed the one in the spring.

24. ...the Cedarville show was a KKIM thing (Kustom Kemps in Miniature), for members only but I snuck in this year, some really cool stuff there.

25. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

I've actually been working on my '34 PU project, trying to get crankin' on it to get it done for a contest in November, it will be a long shot. I went to an IPMS show yesterday and got 1st place, (out of two enter. lol) in my category with this model;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was built box stock except for very minor mods to lower it just a tad and center the rear wheels in the openings.

David

26. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Davkin<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_7010593", true); </SCRIPT> I have posted in Sunday's past my version of this great 32 roadster.

Congratulations on your win. Very nicely done!

27. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

heres my 41 pick up im working on. its going to be the stevies speed shop willys

Attached Files:

28. Deuces

Deuces

29. Cory, if I were the jealous type, I'd be very jealous of that Buick. Congrats on the score.

Congrats Dave, Ha Ha,.... I live in rural Nebraska and, apart from one year's "Blessing of the Cars" show in Glendale, CA, years ago, I hadn't entered a model contest since the 8th 0r 9th grade @ Omaha's 'World of Wheels." (c 1978)
    About 7 years ago (maybe?) My son and I placed a couple cars in a small contest among about 30 other entries. Ian was 10 at the time and built his first 'solo' model, an AMT '67 GTO street freak, using the kits custom parts..
    I put a couple cop cars in. Ian won first place in his division and I got 2nd in mine (yea!) I need to get a picture of his car some time.
    I'm working on a couple vintage patrol cars now, 1 a '56 Chevy 210 Del Ray the other a Lindberg Dodge 330 I converted to a 4dr sedan.
    Photos to come...
    Here's my OT winner.

[​IMG]