Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coker tire problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopper cliff, Sep 29, 2011.

1. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

:( When I was building my 28 coupe, I purchased Coker's big and little combination w/whitewalls, they were coker classics, 1 summer usage, mostly trailered,(no papers yet), the whitewalls cracked and 1 seperated from the tire, casting tits still on tire's. I brought this to the attention of a rep at billetproof. A medical problem popped up, the tires were removed from the car and stored in a dry storage van, anyway the rep seemed disinterested,and I was unable to physically do anything about it at the time, 5 yrs have passed and I am ok now, do you think they will take care of the problem at this late a date, would like to know before I make an ass of myself??????

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Man, that's a tough one... Five years after the fact might be a little too much to ask of even Coker. I'd ask them, but I wouldn't be too offended if they declined any help on the deal. Put yourself in their shoes.

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yea like Ryan said... I wouldn't be too mad if they wouldn't do a thing, but it can't hurt to ask. You might even pm Corky on here, he's a hamber!

4. They are a great company. I had a problem with a tire and they could'nt fix it fast enough.

5. Explain the situation to them in a POLITE WAY. They are human just like the rest of us. I have found dealing with people this way to be most effective. I hope you get good results >>>>.

6. alchemy

alchemy

Isn't the replacement pro-rated to the tread depth? If it still has the nibs on it, I'd think that may replace it all. Just call and ask.

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We've probably bought 6 or 7 complete sets of tires from Corkey and every transaction has been first rate. I actually got to speak directly to him one time and can't remember meeting a nicer guy.

But............5 years is a loooooooooong time. Every company has limits to what they will absorb. But you should have just called them first and asked, rather than asking us, who have zero control over it and who can in no way give you any answers, either way.

Don

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  8. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Speak to the same rep he should remember you. No way the WW should de-laminate. Thats never normal wear.

9. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

I just ran into a problem with my new (bought 4 years ago) Firestones. I called them up and said no problem.They need to confirm the problem themselves and were willing to warranty the tire if confirmed. They won't cover the shipping though.

10. Five years? Whoooo that`s a long time! Glad to hear that your medical problem has cleared up. Sounds like tires were the least of your issues for a while.I would have gone to Coker before I posted here. You kinda put them in a hard place.

11. THECRUSTYRAT

THECRUSTYRAT

I agree with everybody. They are a stand up group of car guys. Just explain what is going on and just be nice. They will do it if they can. I go to honest charlies alot and they are always willing to help with anything i throw at them lol. My wife told me im buying that place one brick at a time. I also had a problem a coker tire awhile ago, they fixed it without any problems. They stand behind there tires

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't think so. I think any reasonable person would understand the reasoning if Coker can't be much help. Five years is a long time to cover a customer when you can't verify where the tires have been, etc...

13. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Isn't 5 years old about the time you should be looking for new tires anyway, regardless of mileage? Gary

14. plan9

plan9

5 yrs is a too long for a return. I wouldn't expect a company to help out regardless of my personal issues at the time.

Glad you are better though, perhaps just get a new set and go from there.

15. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

At work here, we replace all tires at 5 years. However your situation may be helped by the fact that you contacted a rep of theirs so early on. I'm betting they step up and take care of you. Let us know how it goes.

16. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

Thanks for the info, they were on the list of ,next to do, wasn't sure what to expect, but you guys cleared that up, my appreciation for all of your input

17. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Just to show a little support for what to me has been a great product...

The Coker tires that came on my Lincoln were made in 05, I think about them a little now and again when going near 80 down the interstate, but they have never given me cause to think about em. The tires I own are top notch in my book.

18. Jess H

Jess H

Thanks for all the positive responses about our products and customer service. Here at Coker we take these issues very seriously. We do stand behind our products and as far as I know, we have the best warranty of any tire company you’ll find.

Chopper Cliff,

First, I apologize our rep seemed disinterested, that’s not how they are trained, but since you did speak with us about the problem 5 years ago, I'd like the opportunity to evaluate your tire problems and work towards a solution. The problem you described has me perplexed since it happened in such a short time span. If the problem is a defect in materials and/or workmanship we can works towards a prorated credit for new tires.

Can you provide me with the tire sizes, a copy of your receipt and some pictures of the problem? You can email me direct to [email protected] or call me at 1-800-251-6336 extension 263.

Thanks,

Jess Hoodenpyle
    Vice President - Sales and Customer Service
    Coker Tire Company
    1317 Chestnut Street
    Chattanooga, TN 37402
    Toll Free: 1-800-251-6336 ext. 263
    www.Coker.com

19. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

They are being more than fair with that offer. That is why so many of us only go to Coker for our tire needs. :) I've been a customer for over 25 years and will be as long as I am kicking.

Don

20. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

they help solve a 2.5 yr problem .no problem.

21. badshifter

badshifter

Nice. That right there is why I just bought 4 more tires and tubes from Coker. What other big company that serves so many takes a personal interest in our toys?

22. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

they are fair and honest, and this is why I posted here first, people in the know are more helpful and can help steer guys like me in the right direction, I will contact Jess. good merchants don't ignore a problem no matter what size. Thanks to all who helped with my little problem

23. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Wow.
    Not that is service.

24. VERY kool on Coker's part!! Stand up bunch of guys.

25. A great ending !

26. Impressive customer service. I'll go to them for my next set. Well done, Coker.

27. K. Thornton

K. Thornton

Nice, I am glad I bought Coker!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

28. "First Class Response"
    Good people to deal with.
    firstnomad
    www.angelfire.com/jazz/flatlandstudio

29. minks garage

minks garage

I had a wide white blow out on me coming back from a swap meet down in Dalton,Ga cruising about 65/70 on that long stright away.popped on my spare went down to Cokers.Sidewall was shreaded and the valve stem was ripped out.anyway nobody covered the tire I bought a new one.I think the vale stem was chinese cheap. i've changed them to metal with a nut to tighten up to the wheel. Stem or side wall tits standing tall ,something wasn't right.

30. rld14

rld14

I have yet to see a thread on here where they didn't make it right, often over and above the call of duty.

I have recently bought 2 sets from them.