Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Studester sold at auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thaugen, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thaugen

thaugen

I know the wheels aren't HAMB - friendly, but it's a stunner. To me, all the body lines are superb: front, sides and rear all retain the Lowey/Exner styling but refined and sleek. The removable top just doesn't flow with it, however. In case you missed it here are some pics.

OK, so please school me about "quarter panels raised 1 1/2 inches"? I haven't heard of that mod before, and the belt line carries smoothly onto the quarter panels, so the tops can't be raised or they would be tail fins. Hmmm??

Anybody know what that silver paint is?

2. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I loved that car from the first time I saw a Staford rendering of it. I hate it with the hard top on but the car it'self is pretty bad ass. I have the magazine it appeared in in the garage somewhere. I'll try to track it down this weekend. Even though it's not a HAMB approved ride I dig the body lines on the short wheelbase. It's a little too spaceage for me inside though.

3. thaugen

thaugen

resqd: The tucked in rear bumper looks like the styling your caddy should have.

4. roddinron

roddinron

Great craftsmanship, unfortunately it looks like he used the skill of a surgeon to remove every ounce of that Studebakers soul. That car would be nice if it were a new Mercedes, but as a Studebaker, it sucks.:rolleyes:

PS
    I bet this thread will be closing soon.

5. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

O shit, this isnt the place for streetrods. I will say its sleek.
    [​IMG]

6. roddinron

roddinron

That's not a street rod. A street rod is a modified pre '49 car, that's a '53.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.