Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***Kool show / Lamar, Mo. Oct 8 & 9, 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Sep 30, 2011.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

For the guys not able to make it to Hunnert (if I could go to Hunnert I would) Gary Glasgow,
    Bill Baker and Bill Daniels are throwing a show together in Lamar, Mo. The show will be held
    on the square and will attract some of the koolest kustoms in the midwest. I've been told that
    Jack Walker is bringing Fritz wild piece of art and Kirk McCormick may show up.

Gary and the Bills' are some of the koolest guys that I know and over the years tried to
    learn form their koolness. Most of the us plan on driving up for just for the day on Saturday
    to check out all of the kool kustoms.

Sorry I don't have a picture of Gary's truck but here are the Bill's kustoms. You've seen these
    guys rides all over the HAMB.

Bill Baker's 49 Merc

[​IMG]

Bill Daniel's 50 Ranchero

[​IMG]

We are looking forward just to be able to hangout in Lamar and have fun. I wonder if that
    Greens keeper is still taking care of the grass. LOL!!

Who else is gonna go?

Happy Trails, Mick

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  2. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

HMMMM,Maybe it's time i follow you to a show......

3. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

that would be kool.... Come one down!!

4. Krobe

Krobe

Anticipate a whole gaggle, herd, flock, (whatever) of geezers and appropriately old, kool kustoms. Hot rods will be acceptable too (I think). Looking forward to seeing lotsa friends...

Krobe

5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. ckustoms

ckustoms

wished i was closer, had a great time with all you guys at branson and wichita this year. can't wait till next year

7. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Thanks Mick,

What a kool show ! Gary & the Gang are good folks and I wish I had time to be there this weekend .

Love Bill's Ranchero !

Jonnie

8. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Gary Glasgow is one of the coolest guys I've ever met. If I wasn't going to the Hunnert I'd be there. Gary

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I talked to Gary Mundy this weekend and we are meeting at his house at 8:00 am
    Saturday to drive over to the show. Mundy is driving his newly painted '59 Olds, it
    has a freash coat of black cherry with black fades and candy highlights. Needless to
    say it is very sinister looking.

I'm just going for the day to checkout the kustoms,if anyone would like to run over
    with us just let me know.

Happy Trails, Mick

10. ryno

ryno

Maybe bring back the Lamar stray kats kustoms show Mick?
    Sounds like a good time, I'll be at the hunnert though

11. Ill be there with my 55 f-100 both days

12. 69supercj

69supercj

Dadgummit, I'm gonna be in LaCrosse Wisconsin that weekend or I'd be there. I'll pass the word around to some of the guys around here and let 'em know.

13. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, we are not going to do a show in Lamar. But I'll go and support Gary and sit in my
    chair and have a good time with friends. I hope ya guys have fun at Hunnert, I was
    wanting to go one of these days but I guess that I waited too long...

Kool look forward to seeing ya...

Thanks for the help, I'd like to see this show grow.

Happy Trails, Mick

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. CAL

CAL
    from Neosho Mo.

Hey Mick, you guys going to park on the grass around the courthouse? Ha Ha

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL!! I'm going to try. :) That year was a lot of fun. I'm taking some bail money just
    in case.

Happy Trails, Mick

17. Sounds like a fun time...with all the kats being there, how can it not be? Gotta take a kiddo to a college visit, so no chance for me. :(

18. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I can't make it, my buddy coop called and is revisiting the air museum to do more pics and needs me to help, so I gotta and that is saturday eve. you guys have fun. !

19. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We've had a lot of fun in Lamar over the years. It is a small town but it is full of Kustoms,
    How can a small town not be kool with Gary Glasgow, Bill Baker and Bill Daniels in town.

My only advice is to stay away from the County Comissioner. I sure had fun, I wonder if
    he is still mad about me parking in the grass. You know me I'm a Hell raising, Grass parking
    Rebel. Can't wait to get up there....

That is too bad, wish I could join ya at the Kansas air muesum and go ghost hunting with
    ya.. Good luck looking forward to checking out the pics.

Happy Trails, Mick

20. I will try to make it, Mick. We've just got back from visiting my grandson in Florida. He is stationed at Mayport Naval Base near Jacksonville and we got to see him and actually got to see and take a cruise on the ship he is stationed on. the ship is the only one in the Navy named after a city that was the site of a huge battle in the Vietnam war,Hue City. What a fantastic weekend.
    Later,
    Dick

21. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Be sure to thank your grandson for his service, it looks like you had a fun trip, hopefully
    we have the chance to talk this weekend if not I know where you live.. Don't worry
    I'll call first.

Happy Trails, Mick

22. Deana Baker

Deana Baker

Hey Mickey, Bill actually talked to the County Commissioner and he said that it is ok to put your asses on the grass. Can't wait to see y'all!

23. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ha, ha, ha? I'm not parking on the grass.

I remember talking to the city years ago when we did the show in Lamar. They were wanting
    us to put something under the cars so it wouldn't hurt it. I told them then, we are not going
    to have all of the cars sitting on doilies. Car doilies? I thought that was funny. I missed
    the boat I could have started a new craze that would have replaced the crying kid thing.
    Car doilies... :)

See ya this weekend!

Happy Trails, Mick

24. ryno

ryno

so how was it???
    i saw a few guys heading home on 96 hwy/Carthage area when we where heading home from the hunnert car.

25. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Ryno, Kool to see ya guys made it home ok..... It was a lot of fun, 82 entires and a
    lot of those kool Kustoms and Hot Rods. I wasn't surpires of the quality of Kool the show
    attracted. I talked to Krobe yesterday and they plan on doing it next year. Sorry I didn't
    take any pictures I was too busy talking. LOL!

Happy Trails, Mick

26. ryno

ryno

glad to hear that!
    i cant imagine you talking too much!

27. What a Kool bunch of Kustoms. Could not believe Ray Bozart drove down from Iowa to bring his Buick. great bunch of cars. Good to see all you guys again.
    What, no pictures?
    Later,
    Dick

28. yblock292

yblock292

Same year when zaring got nailed by the city's 16 year old cop for barking his tires on the coupe, damn kid reminded me of a turtle, bout 4' 6'', same around his waist,with every kind of cop gear money could buy straped on.. If he fell down he could never get up again!So Steve is catching hell from this kid cop, i reach in my coupe and get a beer. Open it and now i'm the center of attention, starts eating my ass out about drinking in public, think he was just jealous cause he wasn't old enough to drink!

29. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was kool to see all of the HAMBers there. Road Kill PU & Arkie Hot Rod surprised us
    and spent the day in Lamar. It was kool to see ya guys again.

I've quit trying to take pictures, Wish I had but I'm addicted to visiting.

For some reason young cops like ya, I mean don't like ya. I have a pictures of you guys getting in the roadster, I'll see if I can find it. Or maybe not, that would that be evidence.

Congrats to the Geezers for putting on a kool show. You guys ned to pay Deana Baker
    and Linda Daniels more money. They worked way too hard that day,

It was kinda fun to watch....

Happy Trails, Mick

30. flamed58

flamed58

We were at the 3 Old Geezers Car Show in Lamar, MO over the weekend. There were a lot of nice cars there. The weather was great, the people were wonderful, and here are some of our pictures from the show. The 3 Old Geezers did a terrific job with the show, hope they have it again next year. We went to a restaurant on the square for lunch. We waited for 1 1/2 hours for our food, which 2 of us never got to eat. The restaurant was overwhelmed and ran out of food. Next year, we hope that there will be food vendors. Other than that, the show was perfect! Dusty, Wanda, Brian and Madison

Attached Files: