Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello, New with my first old car!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by jorswift, Sep 30, 2011.

1. jorswift

jorswift
    from Indiana

Hello all. I am new to this forum obviously and new to the hotrod community. I have been around old cars and hotrods most of my life because of family, but now I have my first car! I just recenly purchased a 1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe 2Dr Sedan. Everything is original except for the paint and wheels. It runs and drives great! But of course has its down falls for being 63 years old.

The first pic is how I drove her home.
    The second is one I took off a website from a local car show (The DuckTail Run).

Attached Files:

2. roughneck424

roughneck424

Hello & Welcome from California.
    You have come to the right place.
    Sure you will enjoy it here

3. Welcome aboard the H.A.M.B. from Iowa! Home of Vintage Torque Fest!! Hope to see you there!

4. 48Tom

48Tom

Greetings and welcome from Mo-Town. That's a nice piece you picked up there. You plan on leaving her the way she is? Or are ya plannin' on doing some upgrading?

5. jorswift

jorswift
    from Indiana

Well, I am torn, between making it mine or roding it out a bit. I know I am going to update the suspension a bit and lower it. I dont want to get into chopping it. This is my first car, so kinda still learning things.

6. artandmaureen

artandmaureen

Welcome from Thornton,il

7. Welcome from Michigan.

8. jaz

jaz
    from London, UK

Welcome from UK - nice old car, will look great as a mild custom, lowered and some traditional wheels - good luck to ya

9. spikez57

spikez57

Welcome from Ohio !!

10. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome aboard the H.A.M.B. from Tennessee!

11. Welcome from NC. Sweet looking ride. I have a 48 2dr sedan to with the original drivetrain.

12. tjmercury

tjmercury

Welcome from Oklahoma! I have a 48 dodge business coupe. Its lowered a little in the front with smoothies all the way around, other than that it's stock. There are a lot of folks on here tat can give you access to a lot of cool performance parts for that old flathead six, all you have to do is ask, and you will have a heck of a head-turner!