Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody have an interesting way to start your engine?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by killa fab, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

No, you missed it, he paid a girl $100 to ride in his car :D

2. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

Not to hijack the thread... It was a grandpa wanting me to give him and his 4 yr old granddaughter a ride. I said if he put that $100 in her piggy bank, I'd take him for free. I have only accepted $ for charity rides, NEVER for my benefit. That's just me.

The best part is giving free rides to bikini clad hotties who always want to sit on top of the back seat. (reach up, adj rearview, smile) Then they always give me kisses and hugs after... I am no dummy! :eek: :D :cool: :)

To return you to the regularly scheduled programming already in progress...
    Amphicars have a factory installed unique to Amphi sequence to start them. It is where car stuff and coast guard meet. I hesitate to say in public as it does serve as a theft deterrent.

I dig the radio button version posted earlier!! I have always loved Rube Goldberg contraptions so weirder the better!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  3. That or a perfect case of why you shouldn't post on the HAMB with the crack pipe in the other hand

4. BCR

BCR

Have you ever owned a Ford with this feature? (I have and do)

It sucks enough to be honking the horn every so often while turning through an intersection, firing the starter on random turns would be a hoot!!

5. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...geez, all I've got is a process -'29 Roadster w a flattie and 2x2's:
    1) uncover car;
    2) manually set chokes half way;
    3) get a ball peen hammer and tap the float bowls (tap, tap....tap,tap);
    4) pump gas twice, turn key...roars to life every time.
    (Note: if you skip #3 you risk self immolation...)

6. flatheadjohn

flatheadjohn
    BANNED

Have a toggle switch on my dash with a host of other switches that's marked WTF if it's not on you ain't going no where. Have other theft deterrent devices as well but I'm not telling where.

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I think he always posts weird like that..i think its for attention..mommy didnt hug and kiss him enough? maybe?....

8. jrt49box

jrt49box

If I told ya .... I'd have to kill ya!!!!!:eek::D

9. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

I had an O/T one once that I had to arc across the Solenoid to start it, then reach underneath to shift the trans into D. Did that till the FL brakeline squirted me in the eye. I abandoned that vehicle in the Walmart parkinglot in Napoleon, Oh! LOL
    I was so over that thing. It was falling apart faster than I could fix it!

10. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

A friend once told me his new girlfriend could start a motor by sucking on the tailpipe, but I don't believe that the exhaust system would be air- tight enough to accomplish this.

11. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't you mean "closed"?

On my 37 Buick, I turn the key to mechanically unlock the ignition lever, flip the ignition lever up, then push the accelerator all the way to the floor to engage the starter, via a switch in the carburetor. Once the engine is running, a vacuum switch disables the starter circuit. Goofy, you say?

That's the way it came from the factory, 74 years ago.

On my 56 New Yorker, I have to push the cigarette lighter in to ground the negative side of the electric fuel pump.

12. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I have what is known as a Dial-Up Mag System. I dial a special phone number which provides clearance to initiate the engine start sequence. The sequence is initiated by a bar code memory encoder magnetically activated by placing a magnet fob on the dash in a secret location. This activates a transmitter under the floor that sends a signal to a communications satellite . The signal is bounced back to a receiver attached to the frame of the car....the frame acting like a big antenna. A rotating beacon and an audio alarm let me know when its time to start the engine. Push the " Engine Start " button and away she goes.

13. Cheapstreet duster

Cheapstreet duster
    from georgia

ive done it with a crow bar on my 69 chevelle all through highschool....
    Headers are a bitch...ya know...

chepast

14. OldTC

OldTC

I've still got an old pitted up Craftsman 7/16-1/2 boxend wrench in my box that had to be used to short the solenoid on my '60 Impala.
    No one ever stole that baby!

15. Voice activated Ignition Switch..!

16. diesel dr

diesel dr
    from western NY

Bought a '65 mustang for parts years ago, put a battery in it to see if it would run, opened the drivers door and the starter rolled the engine over....handy for robbing banks? It ran good by the way.

17. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

When I was in high school I had a buddy with an old Falcon. Junky lookin POS. Had an old outboard motor top with a scoop looking air inlet and a pull rope starter mounted on the hood. He had a push button hidden inside the air inlet and he would turn on the ignition, put it in neutral, get out and reach inside and push the start button the same time as he was pulling the cord. It was hillarious.

18. 1928Fordman

1928Fordman

I think you won. LOL :D

19. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

My friends 51 Nash(car) you put the column trans selector in N then pull it towards you to engage the starter. More for the factory WTF category.

20. Cub8556

Cub8556

...I have a push pedal Buick... thats 'interesting' enough for me

21. TONY2000

TONY2000

Fkin priceless, im laughing 20 minutes later !
    i think weve all been there with 1 car or another !

22. I'll stick with the inertia... that's enough noise to piss off the neighbors!:cool:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WkPFRpbSU9o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Much less complicated than all those fancy switches and levers...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vOl5YpFVGYU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

23. BJR

BJR

WTF who cares if the car didn't start....... All that matters is she was willing to try.

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Now THATS an interesting way to start (Not start?) your car!

25. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

One time at a show, there was this man talking about his car (don't even remember the car) to a group of people and it just started up! Everyone was scared stiff becasue there was no one around or near or in it. Found out later the old man had a remote starter in his pocket. Thought it was mighty neat!

26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My first car was a pinto with a small-block in it. The headers on the pass. side were pretty close to the solenoid, and when it was hot the solenoid would stick, so I would get out and whack the solenoid with a pair of vise grips. One time it wouldnt start, and I got a little carried away, and whacked it so hard a piece of the bakelite case flew up and bounced off my forehead. I know, not as interesting as Dons T-bird, but no small animals were injured...

27. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I don't think that'd work for the Duke Boys as they always slid threw the window:p

28. Bet she didn't work with zoomies...:eek:

29. tjmercury

tjmercury

Ummmmm........Screwdriver

30. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i have a moon tank in the front and a stock style gas tank out back.. have a aeromotive pump for both tanks , they both go to the fuel block then to the carb.they are wired to a 3 way switch,, on each pump has a on/off valve.when i run the front tank with race fuel i close the rear valve . when on the street i close the front valve and run the rear tank. also have a battery kill...