Register now to get rid of these ads!

2011 Jalopy Showdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, Jul 1, 2011.

1. 60man

60man

Hey Larry...is there a rain date. ? Sunday is just a T&T day according to web page. I know Beaver can be unpredictable at times..I can dig the cool temps..no big wheelies but possibly a 9 second pass !!!

2. scarylarry

scarylarry

Sunday would be the rain date BUT, that will be a last resort!!! We will do EVERYTHING we can possible do to get the show in on Saturday, run the track dry, do the kids races early/first, run into the night (we have the technology of modern lighting :) ) Either last year or the year before there was a horrible rain storm in Harrisburg show morning & some guys went home & missed the show that we DID have because we never got that rain. We will update here, Facebook, and Beaver Bob's website. Just show up, you'll be sorry if you dont!

3. fedsrule

fedsrule

You may be able to get it in, but it's too far (3hrs) to tow the dragster on a maybe.
    I'm hoping the weather changes, and the event is a huge success. Good Luck.

4. scarylarry

scarylarry

Please dont tell Don Moyer it's too far...(from Cleveland!)

5. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm lazy...............still $10 camping / entrance ?

6. scarylarry

scarylarry

Yup

7. Man I thought us east coast guys were a little more hardcore, guess we sound like a bunch of pussies from kalifornya now. We just left cincinnati, meetin the old man at carlisle tonight. Maybe we will warm the car up in the parking lot or rebuild the shortblock oh but. The rain might make me melt. See you ladies bright and early tomorrow. Larry, don't stress dude!

TH

8. Manson

Manson
    from Baden, MD
    1. Maryland HAMBers

Rain or not... I'll be hitting the road about 1:30 this afternoon. Been looking forward to it for a while.

2 years ago it rained like hell the night before and into the morning of the drags- Everyone worked together to get the track dry and ready to run as quickly as possible after the rain stopped. So don't let a little rain scare you off.

9. fedsrule

fedsrule

I really hope there is good enough weather for everyone to get in a ton of passes. Like I said in my previous post, I hope for everyone's sake the event is a huge success.

It would only be our third time down the track and I'd like it to be a bit warmer than 45 degrees. We're still learning, so if I'm a pussy for wanting to be safe, I'm OK with that.

Have fun, keep the shiny side up, and we'll be there next year when we're a bit more experienced in running the car.
    Scott

10. 46mopar

46mopar

Sucks I'm stuck in Ohio. It's going to ne the first time miss this show.

11. Looking forward to this if the weather holds up. Can't afford another big gulp of water down the intake!

12. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Going home in bit to load ...see you soon

Tony

13. scarylarry

scarylarry

I want to thank The Racers that on their way from long distances to support the show rain or shine. If we dont get any Saturday, we'll get Sunday for sure. We will push things first thing in the morning tomorrow to make it happen. On our way out now.

14. shocker998md

shocker998md

we are about to head out now from MD. Im not racing but cant wait to watch. my plan is to just find a hotel somewhere and then make the rest of the drive in the morning.

15. ardyboy

ardyboy

We really wanted to make this show this year but we're not quite ready. Can't wait for next years race. We might even have two for that one. Weather looks better than at first thought. Play safe everyone and take lots of pictures.

16. shocker998md

shocker998md

Hopefully this weather passes...

There's some cool cars here, I want to see them run!

17. Amanda Suckerpunch

Amanda Suckerpunch

Didn't the powers that be get the message?! It DOES NOT rain for the Drags! It just DOESN'T! We can handle some rain in the spring for the Showdown, in fact it makes for good mud, but I get grumpy when I can't see wheelstands in October!

18. doug free

doug free

Postponed till tomorrow.... I'm cold n wet

19. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Yup, postponed 'til tomorrow. Chilly & wet but had a good time today anyway. Back at the hotel for now getting warm. We'll be back at the track tomorrow.

20. wonder what the car count will be like tomorrow?

21. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

I was there from 9-Noon, really bummed the rain wouldn't stop. At least I got a signed Norwell poster though.

22. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I drove for 2.5 hours in the rain to find out it was postponed till tomorrow . Saw a couple nice cars but wish it was dry ! Still calling for rain and shower tomorrow but will wait and see .
    When will they race if it gets rained out tomorrow ?

Retro Jim

23. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

I just got home about 5 PM. Friday night test and tune was very cool. Great to see Larry & his bride and the rest of the regulars. Nice seeing Norwell and finally seeing the Diamond Deuce in person.........god it is beautiful.
    Had a bunch of fun talking with Chopo and Manson. I just could not take another night in that f@#*^(#@^ tent so i left.
    I want to make an announcement that my car SUCKS really bad on a 155 mile trip in hard pouring rain. Sorry Clark

Larry, thank you for putting together another great show. Even though it got postponed for a day I had a ball.

Thank You !!!!!!!

And Beaver Bob as well

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  24. SO BUMMED that I made the trip and the show was postponed until tomorrow, its ok tho, I got a poster (didnt get it signed tho!:mad:) and a chance to see and hear the diamond deuce so it wasn't a total loss. oh well maybe next year... Some pics from today.[​IMG]
    The truck was awesome in person, pretty much made my day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The cars sounded great, wish I could have seen em in action.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. scarylarry

scarylarry

The call will be made early tomorrow if we run or not. It's not
    Looking great. : (

26. Bummer, worst place to be in the rain is at a race track.

27. 60man

60man

Gheezz...what a shame....damn rain. Thanks for pics....Despite the rain some nice cars there.
    I have some health issues so I had bail with the foul weather here...was looking forward to it !!! Had everything loaded up..
    Thanks to staff for putting this eye candy show/race on..
    Damn rain !!!!!:mad:

28. Verminator

Verminator

We just got back home and unpacked. Nothing worse than coming home with full coolers and cans still full of race fuel !!! Wish we could have romped the crap out of the car, but it was great to catch up with everyone anyway- and everyone knows we love to camp at the Beaver. The falcon needed a good washing anyway????
    Larry, the trophies look awesome this year, sorry we couldn't hang til tomorrow. Really hope you guys get to run 'em !!!

29. scarylarry

scarylarry

30. jerseymike

jerseymike

any chance of rescheduling for this year?