Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods in Google Maps Street View!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rot 'n Kustom, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

If you haven't tried it, Google Maps lets you created a route from A to B and then displays the street map. If you drag the little orange man icon any point on the map, you get a 360 degree photo view. (if that area has been photographed, of course). You can then "drive" up the road and watch the scenery and cars change as you go.

Two days ago I was playing with Google Maps Street View and discovered something interesting. Just for fun, I plotted a route from my house near Reading, PA to a friend's place near Bethel, PA about 23 miles northwest, mostly along Rt 183.

"Traveling" northbound, I spotted a hot rod traveling south!
    It has a 'T' grille on what looks like a channeled Model A with low set headlights.
    A little fuzzy, but definitely a rod.

You can see it if you plug in:
    7395 Bernville Rd (Rt183, Bernville, PA), just north of the tattoo shop.

A few miles further north, I saw another one. Plug in
    7918 Bernville Rd, just north of some road workers.

The date on the photos is 2009. Judging by the greenery, it must have been late spring to early fall. So where were they headed? Car show? Tattoo shop? Maybe a HAMB & Scapple breakfast...

Dare I say it: "Street is Neat!"

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Anyone recognize the car?

3. Don't recognize that from any of the Scrapple runs. Looks to be a cool car though.

4. ford9inch

ford9inch

219 North C Street Arkansas City Kansas 67005 you can see my house with my dads and my cars outside

5. Hack Attack

Hack Attack

If you look at Woodward Ave in Detroit on Google, you can see the Woodward Dream Cruise.

6. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My sled was parked on the street when the did my neighborhood, 2821 sw Nevada st. Seattle wa 98126. It looks rough though..

7. roughneck424

roughneck424

8. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

That's cool, but it looks like he is holding up traffic.....

Interesting I did that to my office address and noticed that the view was recorded back when I still owned my 00 SS, so that photo is at least a year and half ago.

Cheers
    RustyNCA

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

wow, thats a bit invasive