Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri Power Recommendation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by M_S, Sep 27, 2011.

1. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

I am about to order the try power for my 32 project. I went through all the good, bad ugly posts here about who and who not to buy from and was just about to start the PM's and get it ordered when I saw the Edelbrock 94's on their C-357-B manifold. Now I am wondering if that is the way to go instead of Rochester 2GC's. The car will have a 283 if that makes any difference and the build style of the car is 60'sish.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the new 94's?

2. 32gal

32gal
    from The OC

Cruzr runs tri-power on his 283. He used an Edlebrock manifold, with 3 97"s{the new English ones} . His car runs smooth and idles perfect.

Attached Files:

3. The 2Gs are '60s carbs but I was still running '97s into the early '70s. Granted I was a cheap bastard but there were plenty of cars around still running them. So I guess for asthetics it doesn't really matter. The @G would be a more cutting edge car and the '97s would be the more common for looks.

As for the new copies I think that you will be ahead of the game to start with new carbs. But it is your money.

4. Pez

Pez

5. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

94's and 97's are expensive. I am running three Stromberg WW's from a '57 Buick on my Cadillac mill. They were also found on Studes and maybe Oldsmobiles. May be too much for your 283 at 275 cfm each, I don't know. They like similar low fuel pressure as the 94's and 97's, between 2 1/2-3 psi. I think they're a nice alternative to Rochesters or the more expensive Strombergs.

[​IMG]

***EDITED TO ADD***
    Dickster is the MAN by the way! You will not be disappointed with any of his setups!!!

6. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I never pay over $25 for a 94 and $60 for a 97.....

7. The 32 sedan I just bought came with a Z3X2 intake and holley carb setup. Not too traditional looking but I like it and it works really well. Check em out here. http://64.130.14.3/manifolds.htm
    The one I have came from Summit but it doesn't look like they are carrying them now. The carb guy on this site says he can still provide them.

8. billsat

billsat

X2 on checking with Dick York - he's forgotten more about carbs than most of us will ever learn.

9. http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=SUM-CSUM 1903&dds=1

$2.5K. That is twice the going rate for something more traditional.

10. fiddy

fiddy

just recently dropped a new edelbrock with the new GC's on a 283 in a 50 chevy. couldnt ask for better drivability or response when you nail it.

11. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

Yeah, I saw those, just never liked the look as much as the 2GC.

Okay, my mind is set. Rochesters. Now all I have to do is decide between Edelbrock and Offy.

I'll PM Dick tomorrow.

Thanks everyone.