Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1937 Chev Truck Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by K13, Nov 6, 2008.

1. X2!!

Common dude, spring is almost here! Your son is a few weeks old already and he still isn't out there helping you yet? Now is the best time to teach him, he hasn't learned about video games or girls yet!:D

2. LOL I tried to get him out in the garage with me but he has a hard time holding his head up and the problem only gets worse when I put a welding helmet on him.:D

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey! Reproduction is a GREAT progress report!!! Congratulations!! That's very cool!!

4. Thanks. Well it is progress in the propagation of the species but not much for the truck but it has been really cool so far.

Stogy likes this.
  5. Alright I finally got to do a little bit of work on my truck this weekend so I figured I would have a go at trying to lead in my headlights. This is the first time I have ever tried leading so it was a bit of an experiment/learning experience. I had ordered some tinning butter and paddles from Eastwod and got some lead from a local supplier (George Moir's Antique Cars) as I figured shipping lead over the boarder might be a hassle on the weight would probably kill me on shipping anyways.

Cleaning up the welds and surrounding area to prep for tinning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is after tinning you can kind of see where the tinning compound is a different color than the surrounding metal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the lead applied and paddled out. Kind of rough but not bad for my first attempt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally starting to file the lead.
    [​IMG]

I didn't get very far with this because the files I had were too fine and I would have been two years trying to get it filed down so I will pick up some coarser files this week and get back on it next weekend. I also got some advice from chopolds on some of the tighter sections that I cannot reach with the files so much appreciate Mark.

Well hopefully that will keep the vultures (Scott:D) at bay for a little while.

Thanks for looking.

Stogy likes this.
  6. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

K13 Glad to see you are back at it. Keep us posted.........

7. 37chev

37chev

Lovin the progress.. The truck looks great.. I am still in the process of looking for a new bed and running boards for my 37.. Keep up the nice work..

8. Thanks guys! I am glad to be back on it as well.

9. Well as mentioned I have been working on some other stuff on my truck none of it too interesting but I thought I would include a few pictures. I am terrible at taking pictures while I work on stuff so most are finished projects.

Throttle cable

[​IMG]

Brake lines from underdash MC. I machined the aluminum cover whcih will be polished.
    [​IMG]

Some work on the dash which included the wiring you can see hanging everywhere:rolleyes:.

[​IMG]

Install of hydraulic slave cylinder for clutch.

[​IMG]

And finally I added a cross brace on the back of my grill.

[​IMG]

Nothing very exciting but that is a bit of what I have been up to for the last few months.

10. Very nice man!

11. Thanks. I wish mine was as far along as yours.

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great build, man... and a great looking truck!
    You've done some very nice work so far!

Malcolm

13. lesk1946

lesk1946

hello mate , what transmission do have behind your six , i am looking to swap from manual to auto [ much easier on broken hip/ pelvis ] mine is a six blue flame 216 motor any help much appriciated...your project looks hot & has pepped me up.. cheers les

14. Mine is still a manual 4 speed saginaw. You might try here.http://www.stovebolt.com/

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  15. slammedcivicsi

slammedcivicsi

looks great ! I look forward to more pictures.

16. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

Just found your build, and I love what you are doing .The custom touches are right on ,where they complement the look and flow right. It's also great to see something being built up here,even using lead !! I actually may get to see it in person some day (I'm just over in Onoway) looking forward to seeing your progress.

17. BadLuck

BadLuck

18. Gimpapotamus

Gimpapotamus

Nice work and mods! It makes me want to roll out the '38 and start on it after seeing yours. Keep it up!

19. Nothing new to report right now. My wife and I had our first baby in January and I have been re landscaping our backyard this summer so I have not had the time to do much with the truck. I hope to be back on it in the next couple of weeks.

20. yankee01970

yankee01970
    from hampton nh

looks good like the way you changed the hood front piece i am still looking for more ideas i am putting a 37 together my self

21. Wow,nice work!keep it up

22. banditomerc

banditomerc

Digging your build,keep at it.

23. While searching for something else i came across this build thread.
    What's the status?

24. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Man I love what you're doing to this truck, she looks awesome!

25. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

I guess there is an update ,,,

26. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

cool truck! i admit it. i ruined a 36 chevy truck but i was a young dummy. i think even if i did keep the fenders it still would have sucked. yours is cool i really like it so far.

27. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

I love this truck--------AND, if you are inexperienced, you sure got everyone fooled. Super craftsman, indeed. I love it all. I also have a 250 six cylinder Chevy. I split my own exhaust manifold. Keep up the great work. Congrats on procreation. Perley

28. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Nice build ,I own a 38

29. oldbanger71

oldbanger71

I like your setup of throttle cable... but ask my self if it will be fryed, so close to the exhaust ?
    I will follow , as i have a '54 Pickup 235 dual carb and still have to figure out about best setup throttle linkage..