Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PHOTOS: Goodguys INDY EVENT COVERAGE. No Rain? No Mud? WTF?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Bart 56

Bart 56

GREAT pictures looks cool Thanks for putting it on

2. Thats some great stuff.

3. No Cents

No Cents

Great pics. Especially the close up pics.

4. Damn great photos. That drummer video was KILLER! just watching him made my arms hurt. Thanks a bunch.
    Later,
    Dick

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The GG paperwork I've got for 2012 says the weekend of Sept 21-23rd. Lucky for everyone there are 5 weekends in Sept next year. ;)

1st weekend=Labor Day holiday weekend
    2nd weekend=Frankenmuth (big event in these parts and NSRA states they won't step on their shoes again which leaves.....
    3rd weekend = NSRA Nats North in Kzoo
    4th weekend = GG Indy
    5th weekend= ?
    Big question around here is the James Dean/Ducktail the 4th weekend or the 5th? I've heard its the 4th which would put it the same weekend as what GG is advertising now. Considering Gas City and Speedway IN are only 80 miles away from each other that could have a negitive bearing on each event.

6. fbama73

fbama73

Ducktail has already announced the dates of Sept 27-30, 2012. No conflict, which is good- Running the model contest at GG, that would put me an a VERY bad spot.

7. voodoochili

voodoochili

I am a little bias being as I live next to the track...but having the indy cars going around is what it's all about! The event location was killer! I did take a ride on Saturday morning and their were some openings added at noon on Saturday. Denise is correct in that the people that run the IRL experience did not know that Goodguys would be there...They were disappionted because would have set up a both for the rides. All and all I think this will become a must attend Goodguys event. Also Thanks for the shot of my 56....

8. uncleAud

uncleAud

without the drags is just another show and shine::(

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yeah we were on their site looking at their 2012 date to make sure we didn't double up.

10. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

I miss the Fonz...
    Great pics as usual.

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

DRIVING my car on the speedway track as fast as I dare go beats sitting and watching drag racing any day of the week. Come next year, bring your car and you and I can go head to head around the track.;)

12. We must not have been at the same event.

13. fbama73

fbama73

Thank you for that. Deciding between the two would be VERY painful.

14. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

You got to drive around the track, down pit row, around the garage area, Just thinking about all the history of the track and to get to drive around it was pretty cool. Just tell me the date next year I will be back.

15. groundpounder

groundpounder
    Member Emeritus

Awesome pics!.......

16. Tacson

Tacson

Hey Denise,
    I was pondering the same thing. Shows I was thinking of in Red. What to do, what to do. So many shows only so many one can attend.
    1st weekend=Labor Day holiday weekend - (Labor Day Auction in Auburn,IN)
    2nd weekend=Frankenmuth (big event in these parts and NSRA states they won't step on their shoes again which leaves..... (Shades of the Past in Pigeon Forge)
    3rd weekend = NSRA Nats North in Kzoo (Grand Run in Pigeon Forge)
    4th weekend = GG Indy (F100 Truck show in Townsend, TN)
    5th weekend= ? (James Dean and Ducktail Run - Hopefully :))

Kirk, thanks for all you do with the GG shows

17. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Great pictures Kirk! Thanks for posting them!

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

What a clueless comment.

19. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

It's not, it's the last weekend in Sept next year.......same as James Dean and Ducktail.

I went to the Ducktail Run as a spectator this year. I have not been before and see that it is an inexpensive show to attend. From the entry free to the HUGE amount of food vendors, this is a friendly place to attend. I didn't see a water or soft drink higher than $1.00 some a low as .50Cents. $1.50 Hot dogs, $2.50 Burgers.

I would hope that these events could work together and avoid one another as I don't think any can survive head to head competition for very long and since this is the NORTH, we don't have the luxury of having show all around the calendar.

Goodguys Indy at IRP was the best event to attend for me. I read the posts and threads on the subject and understand the difficulties around this type of event but I will miss them. In addition, it the one event my wife really lliked to attend and it was because of the Drags. RIP :(

20. Isn't it great to have so many choices. Great country. Ya'll must be a lot younger than I. I don't plan on much beyond Friday.

21. patina33

patina33

Great picturies. I would love to have been there but I was at Marion County Fair Grounds (Indianapolis) Hoosier Auto Show and Swap Meet. This swap meet has been going on for over 30 years. I hope GG has a different date next year so I can, and others can attend both. Next year the Hoosier Swap Meet is Sept 20,21 & 22 2012

22. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

awesome pics, and thanks for adding my ride

23. KIRK!

KIRK!

Check it!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FNyBE2tUxZc?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

24. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

will GG move the indy show to detroit ?

25. Hot Rod Dirty's

Hot Rod Dirty's
    from KY

26. KIRK!

KIRK!

The video those guys did pretty much sums up any Goodguys event - lots to do, something for everyone, family fun. To me it pretty much shows that most of the haters have never been to a Goodguys event - at least not in the past 7-8 years.

27. That was a great recap of the weekend Kirk. Did you notice all the smiles? Just sayin.

28. KIRK!

KIRK!

Sure did!

29. Kirk, once again your pictures are second to none, but the event video was over the top!:D

30. hey show us your human and add some bad pics
    there must be at least say 5 in the hundreds you take

c'mon pleeeeze

we won't laff really

great stuff man

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011