Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 31 coupe project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pchop51, Sep 24, 2011.

1. pchop51

pchop51
    from minnesota

[​IMG]

Here a picture of my new project a "fresh" 1931 model A coupe.

[​IMG]

This is just a mock up roller of it with the Signaw 4spd and the 265 sbc. It has 7.50 16 in back and 5.60 15 front. I would like to place the car in the late 50s for the build plan. I would like any input on the overall look of the car.
    Thanks

2. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

Car looks awesome,how much is the chop on it

3. pchop51

pchop51
    from minnesota

Thanks I took around 3 inches. I didnt want to go to far with the ride height being as high as it is.

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

WHOA. That's an attention getter! Good luck on the build.

5. Noland

Noland

awesome, you need to post more pictures

6. pchop51

pchop51
    from minnesota

[​IMG]
    Here is the deck lid that I louvered. It was my first try with doing it in a large scale like that. If you look hard enough you can see some mistakes but it works for now.

As you can see by the picture below the car was going to by powered by my 272 Y-block but that came to an end when I tore it down to find more wrong then I thought in the first place. Oh well maybe the next one I will get to use it in. The frame is made from 2x4 .125 wall tube and 3 feet of a stock A frame up front. I pinched the frame at the front crossmember just enough to fit inside a 32 shell, and spread it at the firewall so the frame and the outer must part of the body would meet flush. The plan is to run a full hood as of right now any how that could always change.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. pchop51

pchop51
    from minnesota

[​IMG]

The motor mounts I have roughed in the shape in the picture below I plan on slotting the mount in the middle of to make it look a little better and lighten it up there made out of 1/4" steel plate just a little over kill for a 265 chevy.

[​IMG]

8. farmer12

farmer12

Cool project, looking good!

9. billthx138

billthx138

Nice project, great chop and frame details.....your motor mounts look a little like mine, I like 'em.

Attached Files:

10. Now THAT is a fine looking ride! It's amazing how removing the fenders improves the profile of a pre-1935 car.

11. pchop51

pchop51
    from minnesota

I love your mounts. I think they look really clean.

Thanks for your comments guys Ill have to get some more pictures posted as soon as I can get some time in the shop. I recently bought a house so that has taking up all my darn time silly life choices.

12. THECRUSTYRAT

THECRUSTYRAT

Killer ride. Lookn good ill be following this. Keep the progress rolling and the pics comming:)

13. fenderlessA

fenderlessA
    from canada

Looks great. get 16 inch wheels and tires for the front.