Register now to get rid of these ads!

Last run to maxton in october

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Double Caddy, May 9, 2011.

1. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Hi All, I was on the Va Hamb and put out that It would be cool to get a group to drive down to Maxton. We will be leaving from Richmond on Friday morning Oct28 and coming back Sunday afternoon Oct 30. If you ever wanted to go NOW is the time because after this meet Maxton is shutting down if you didnt know. All cars welcome to come down with us. So if you cant afford the fuel in your Hamb friendly car drive your OT car. I am starting this early so people can plan an save up for the trip.
    There is interest a few of us will be driving our cars . this weekend should be really cool with it being the last for awhile you never know what is going to be there.Make your plans NOW.

2. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

Why aren't the other regularly scheduled events being held?

3. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

They are for this year but after the October meet the contract is not renewed. So no racing at Maxton next year

4. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Here is a link to the ECTA website that explains everything www.ecta-lsr.com

5. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

I got it. Your run is scheduled for October, but the May event is just around the bend, which is why it was on my mind.

I have to confess: I was the guy who oiled the track last May by detonating a SBC in a little red truck. (In Hollywood's truck.)

As soon as I realized what had happened, I took off to the local grocery store with anyone who would still talk to me, and we bought a hundred bags of kitty litter to soak up the oil.

The girls at the register asked us what kinds of cats we had. We started talking about our bengal tigers, and the panthers and lions. She bought every word.

We got back, spread the litter, shuffled it around in a marching congo line, and then swept it up. Everyone was awesome. Racing got back underway, but I felt horrible for delaying it.

I'm sorry to hear that this will be Maxton's last year. I hope I can help the ECTA find a new home.

Matt

6. That was really nice of you to do that....Are you coming this weekend? Also, did you go the the Food LION to get the Kitty Litter??? Ha Ha....

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That sounds like a just reason for a serious cross country road trip. Right in the big middle of Hunting season here though so time off for a guy who doesn't hunt anymore is hard to get.

Humm, 518 round trip from PSC to Fay. Plus a room and a car rental.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  8. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Charlotte or Raleigh in North Carolina.

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

More like Fayetteville if anything. It's about 2-2.5 hours east of Charlotte.

10. i will put this on my radar... sounds like an awesome time!

11. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

Hahahaha! Yes we did!

And no, I can't make it this weekend.
    Hopefully later.

I hope it's a great event!

12. Sounds like a fun trip. Count me in :D

13. We will be pitted with the BIG Prevost Motor Coach Stop by and say "HI".

14. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Well I have an offical starting point for this adventure. I Talked to Doug at Joe Smith Early Ford and he said it would be cool to have everyone meet there. For those who have not been there its an early flathead performance shop . He can take care of all your flathead needs. His daily driver is a 51 Mercury.
    I plan on meeting at 10 am then head down to Maxton. His shop is in North Richmond just off I-95. Whether you are in your HAMB friendly car or OT car doesnt matter. If you ever wanted to go this is your last chance.

15. edweird

edweird

16. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Hey all just a monthly reminder about the last Maxton meet if you have been wanting to go this is your last chance and October will be here before you know it.

17. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Monthly reminder. the time will soon be here. make sure you make your plans. If your on the east coast and are driving down . meet up with us and we all can drive down together. Doesnt matter what your driving all are welcome . only two more meets left.

18. How long of a drive from Joe Smith to Maxton?

19. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

about 5 hours. Depends on how many times you have to stop.

20. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Well it looks like an end of an era is apon us . Next month will be the last running of Land Speed Racing at Maxton. Right now the plan is to meet at Joe Smith Early Ford friday morning then to drive down from there. He has a big parking lot so if you are pulling a trailer its not that big of a deal and he is just off of I-95 on the parhum rd exit. Rooms are still available but when time gets close they may not be .The Hampton, Holiday and Comfort Inns are all close to each other.

21. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

I know I will be there, hopefully in my 53 Cadillac. It should be alot of fun. I will see everyone there.

22. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Hey EVERYONE, Maxton is in two weeks. Get your hotel reservations in now. The plan is that there is a group of us from Virginia that are meeting at JOE SMITH EARLY FORD in Richmond.The shop is only a couple of minutes off I-95 with a big parking lot. Join us for a cool weekend. All are welcome to cruise down with us. We plan to be leaving about 10 a.m. on friday October 28.

23. Check the oil and clean the windshield...Maxton is right around the corner. Can't wait!

24. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

If all goes as planned we hope to slide outta here headed South early Fri AM. Possibly literally, current local predictions of cold rain for Thurs, maybe white rain here in the higher elevations. Seriously doubt we will make Richmond by 10 but we shouldn't be too far behind you.

Stay safe everyone, looking forward to the safari.

Ed

25. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Well if you dont make it down till later thats alright We will see you down there. I talked with Joe Timney and he said that there will be racing Saturday and Sunday. I wont be in my Caddy I had some issues coming home from The Jalopyrama, The biggest is the rear main seal is starting to leak like the Exxon Valdez. So I am going to get a rental car and drive down in that.

Again if you are on the fence about going. Go you wont be sorry should be alot of neat cars and bikes there.

26. Leaving home early Saturday morning to make the trip over to Maxton, it's about three hours away. 'Hope the weather holds. Right now they are saying rain showers Thursday into Friday with possible clearing by Saturday. 'Been looking forward to this for a long time.

27. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

OK here we go , last call for Maxton. Clutch dumping dan an I are meeting up in freddiesburg and going to Joe Smith.Those that show up great. Then onward to MAXTON .This is it. After this weekend you will have to go to OHIO.

28. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Well its all done . I just made it home . It was great meeting all of you. I had ALOT of fun "racing" my car so many neat cars and bikes .Sorry I didnt get any pictures my camera been broke for a while but there was lots of cool and neat vehicles.

29. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I looked at your link about the contract not being renewed but found nothing when I looked. ??:confused:

30. I was going to go but had last minute out of town visitors. Somebody please post pictures!