Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from Nebraska

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ShovelJockey, Sep 23, 2011.

1. ShovelJockey

ShovelJockey

My name is Johnny. Been into cars for most all of my life. Bought a 53 Chevy 2 dr when I was 12 and that was my main ride all through high school. I still have the car and love rolling around in it. I am a mechanic and work for my dad. We restore old Ford tractors as well as anything else old and unique. Museum quality stuff. Anyway, following a strict process for restoring stuff is fun, but I love to customize in my spare time. Ive got a pretty nice Shovelhead chopper that is all hand built over 15 months. I mean hand built like I actually built most everything on it including the gas tank, and springer front end. Not much I cant handle.

So I am here mostly because people talk of this place on the Jockey Journal. I figure this is the best place to get info on my newest project. I bought a house and some land. On that land were a bunch of trees and in those trees was a sweet little 1926 Model T Roadster Pickup. Ive already scored an 8 BA Ford Flattie for it. I am going to be asking a lot of questions in the future. In the meantime I will be soaking up information like a sponge and offering some if Ive got it. Im not big on opinions, so there wont be much bull coming from me. Anyway, here is a couple of pics of what Ive got to start with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Welcome from Finland!
    I mess with shovelhead too.

3. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Welcome from Rowlett, TX---I used to live in Nebraska. Don't miss your winters.

4. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Welcome from Arkansas. I went to college in Seward. Lots of good memories from my Nebraska days, including the vintage tin that was on nearly every farm. Look forward to seeing your progress on your T.

6. ibflyin

ibflyin
    from Tulsa, OK

Welcome from the "Sooner" state! Was in Lincoln last month to pick up a '39 Ford Coupe. I look forward to watching your progress on the truck.

7. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

welcome from Chuck in Colorado---formally of G.I Nebraska,

8. Greetings from Omaha! That looks like a fun project!

9. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

And, a welcome from SW Nebraska. Looked for "Backwoods" on the map. Can't find it.

10. spikez57

spikez57

Looks like a nice start... Welcome from Ohio

11. stlcrzn

stlcrzn

Welcome from North Dakota, great project!!!!

12. Hellooo from Florida....used to live in Omaha....

13. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Where in NE are ya from? I grew up mostly in North Platte, but know the place pretty well.

14. metalix_421

metalix_421

welcome from ok

15. ShovelJockey

ShovelJockey

Thanks for all the welcome messages fellas. I am up in the Northeast corner of the state. Lots of folks from or formerly from Nebraska it seems.

16. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome from Tennessee!