Register now to get rid of these ads!

What "SMALL THINGS" ended up stalling your project?!?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buzznut, Sep 22, 2011.

1. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

IF I have the money, I do not have the time, and if I have the time there seems to be no money. Then the normal life factors with wife, kids, grandkids, and so-called talent mooching "buddies" who do not understand barter system or maybe the fact I just want some quiet "me-time" (I have actually rented motel room to get some quiet time). Sometimes life just is not a bed of roses, just the thorns.

2. My rotisserie tipped over.

3. the only thing holding me up is not knowing what the hell I'm doing, really slows things down when you have to keep redoing the same thing, kinda like Ground Hog Day, but really dark

4. artandmaureen

artandmaureen

money thats the only thing but hey life and kids have to come first.

5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Ever try just walking around instead of over :p.

Ok Ok. Trying to get the painter to hold to the schedule.

6. tjmercury

tjmercury

7. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I'm buying a house with anouther garage right now.... I dont sweat the small stuff

8. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

MOTIVATION :( and the HAMB :cool:

As I get older, I am retired. I have the time, the shop and the project to work on. I even have the money to buy parts and make progress. Yet I cannot make myself get off my lazy butt and get out there and do anything.
    I have a welder, a torch and a plasma.

What I lack is

MOTIVATION

I keep logging on the HAMB and playing on this computer instead of getting something done on the project. :( :eek: :mad:

10. Dead Presidents....

11. Zaq

Zaq

Money, time, the right tools to make things go a little easier, garage space...

12. Larry T

Larry T

Small things would be grandkids.
    We won't get into the large things.
    Larry T

13. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

14. property taxes.....

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I dislocated my left shoulder on July 15 and I am left handed and 64 year olds don't heal all that fast. That is the biggest slow down at the moment. Second is the lack of a decent garage space to actually work on a project. Right now I work out in the dirt and gravel driveway as I couldn't get anything in my one car garage on a bet but I am working on getting it cleaned out and rearranged so that I can get my frame inside and work on it and not roll around in the dirt.
    Lack of project cash, that is an issue right now but I have enough parts to keep me busy for weeks working on getting a rolling chassis built for the 48 with very little needing to be spent.
    I think that the main thing is that it just flat isn't as important to get things done on the truck as it was 30 years ago when I thought nothing of spending 16 hr days working on it on my days off and usually spent 4 to six hours on it on the days I worked. I'm not working against a deadline at the moment but would like to have the truck finished for a month long trip to Texas in March/April 2013.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  16. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

Yep, Then She just has the kids building another wall. :D

17. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

New shackle pins for my '36 bones and '33 spring. Anyone have a source for these that have them in-stock? Or alternatively, a source for poly bushings to fit?

Edit: Mac's just notified me that they now have a shackle kit in stock. WoOt!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  18. 66cayne

66cayne

Some douche welded the balancer to the crank snout on my 327. Kind of hard to change the cam that way..

19. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

Money, that is the problem every time.

20. BenderJ

BenderJ
    from Detroit

Well, after another 3 weeks of waiting (12 weeks in total), I finally get my order today - And guess what? They got it wrong!! Seriously, what is so hard about following a signed spec/build sheet? Everything is right there in B&W...

Needless to say, I will be on the phone tomorrow morning in a "less than pleasant" mood. Chances are I'll end up ruining someone's day!

21. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Money and motivation. I have the time, I finally have the space to work, I just sometimes have trouble making it out to the shop to do the little stuff that doesn't cost anything.

22. big creep

big creep

this!!!

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee377/ContentGuy99/1306431862175-181683-MVI0014.mp4">

23. Money is a big one, but the other main factor is location. I don't live in the same town that my project is in, and now that I'm working weekends (to save some coin to put into the truck) I have even less opportunity to work on it.

24. Body and paint as in block F@#%ng sanding. Not a little thing but still a royal pain in my ass..................... and back too.

25. well if you spent more time building, and less time fanning your money, you wouldn't be stalled! :D :p

26. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

It seems like the last 10% is harder to complete than the first 90% for some reason on all my projects:confused:

27. JEM

JEM

Sitting here replying to this thread...

...instead of getting my ass out to the garage and (a) plugging in the wiper switch that's been sitting on the driver's seat for a week, testing the last of the underdash wiring and buttoning things up (b) tearing down a Ford 8.8 Trac-Lok for new friction bits (c) putting the cut-up bits of Thunderbird SC subframe back on the jig for welding to fit the '64 Galaxie frame, all the other little jobs I tell myself I can do in the evenings but far too rarely actually get there.

28. ironpile

ironpile

The closer I get to finished the more little stuff I find that needs done.Or while I`m here I might as well do this or that,got to stop somewhere because it is not going to be a show car.:rolleyes:

29. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I might point out that your 33 spring is curved from the spring center bolt eye to eye so the spring eyes are "cocked" in comparison to the 36 bones which, if unmodified, have parallel bores.

If using a modified, i.e. bent set of 36 bones, you would use a set of 32-34 Rear shackles as the large shackle pins go in the spring and smaller OD pins are the same from 32-41.

30. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I have found that this "jakeleg" repair is usually done because the snout of the crank is bad and balancers slip off and/or wobble. Your cam change may turn into a bit more than you bargained for so don't be surprised after you get the balancer off if you have to get a new crank too.