Register now to get rid of these ads!

So i got pulled over last night....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lukey, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Mercchev

Mercchev

Partner gets pulled over in our shop truck 52 Chevy Sedan Delivery...Cop is laughing when he gets to the driver's window...He says:" I pulled you over because you only have one tail light...then I realized it only has ONE tail light!" We offered him a dozen donuts and he took off...

2. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

dad and i got flagged down once in a 59 f100 we had just to make sure it "had the right engine" im not sure exactly what "the right engine" is, but apparently the cop was satisfied with a small block ford and a 4 barrel carb

3. A lot of really good posts....

4. Giovanni

Giovanni

A reason is easy enough to come up with :rolleyes:

5. rayjon

rayjon
    from Reno Nv..

had a few but the best one was in Montana 15 or so years ago, red Camaro convert about sunrise doing 120 i meet a Highway Patrol coming over a rise.. so I slow down to 55 and cruise a while and here he comes pulled me over, I'm polite but don't admit to anything.. then I notice this guy has badge number 36... and he informs me that 120 is not safe and prudent, really cool guy wrote me a warning ticket.. the cool part was he wasn't running radar and hit my speed right on...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  6. erlomd

erlomd

yes...well, kind of... it happened to me a loooong tim ago in an O/T camaro....it had a stroked 383 and the works done to it...I was just cruising by when I was pulled over...cop started looking at my temp gauge..."runnin a little hot tonight huh"...they ran my tags, told me it was a illegal race night that night, the warm miami night air swarming with the sounds of Japanese racers...cop tells me its nice to hear the idle of a choppy V8 every now and then, talked about the car gave me a thumbs up and let me go....that was a fun night...

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yeah I had this happen to me once, but i was riding my Shovel Head that was once a Bagger that I changed into a WideGlide.

He said he just wanted to check it out , he had seen me so many times going to work. His shift changed and he got to see me coming back home

I was kinda peaved actually, because i wanted to just go home, but I stayed cool about it, what was i supposed to do? he had the gun:D

8. 350 chevy and you would have been screwed . . . . :D

9. 64travelette

64travelette

Back in high school (1983) I had a o/t '66 Chevelle with a 327 spd auto. I had to put M50's on 15x8 mags (Doh!) so the air shocks were all the way up. 3 of my buddies and 2 gals were coming back from a high school football game in our rivals town going around 80 in a 55 (I always sped back then) and a state trooper pulls me over. He kept asking why we had baseball bats in the back of the car and I said repeatedly that we didn't want anyone messing with my car. He finally believed me and then asked if I liked the transmission mated to a small block and I said "no". :D He gave me a warning for 78 in a 55. Great guy, ran into him many times before I moved away from there. I still have the warning hanging in the garage

10. lukey

lukey

11. tin_indians

tin_indians

Back in `86 I was trying to sell a `60 Vette that had a "massaged" `68 Vette 327 in it. The car had been off the road a while so I just phoned my Ins. agent and had him hold me covered for 2 weeks in case a buyer wanted to test drive it. Well...in 2 weeks, no nibbles. Not even a phone call.
    On the last night of the 2 weeks I took it out to take pics of the car against the sunset and for a last cruise down the main drag past the old car "hangout". As I'm sitting at the stoplight just before the hangout a Porche pulls up beside me. I look over with distain and say to myself, "I got the American dream machine, no foreign car is gonna beat me....light turns, we hammer it. Burn rubber off the line, hit 2nd at 6000 and more rubber but running neck and neck. We pass the hangout and I can see a few doz guys fist pumping the air as we scream past. The next cross intersection just happens to have a cop waiting for his light to turn. The 2 of us were doing about 80mph when we passed him, in a 40mph zone.
    As we pass I see the lights come on. I just pulled over and the Porche bugged out. I'm thinking I'm screwed with no insurance papers...its a real young cop, maybe a rookie and he's almost shaking when he gets up beside the door...
    Cop- "So, hows it running tonight?"
    Me- "Not so good"
    Cop- "Oh? Seemed to be running ok when you passed by me"
    Me- "Nahh...if it was runing good you wouldn't have caught me"
    Looking back, it wasn't the smartest thing to say. Even with the dumbass comment on my part, he was forgiving enough to give me a warning and 72 hrs to prove insurance. This all happened on a Friday night and I had to phone my agent at home on a Saturday to explain. It cost me a 40 pounder of fine whiskey to get him into the office on a Saturday and type me up a pink card to show the boys in blue. Farrrrr cheaper than a ticket at the time tho.

12. round2it

round2it
    from duvall wa
    1. A-D Truckers

Ok here's the story. I grew up in the Oakland area & my first car was a bad ass '57 VW ( whole nother story )
    Anyway, one Friday Night I;m crusing the strip in San Leandro. Pulled up to a loght & a county cop car pulled up nexst to me. Light goes green - we both get on it.2nd light - same thing. 3rd light goes green - cop hits the red & blues & takes off.
    After that my buds are giving me a real bad time about racing a cop !!!
    About 4 months later, I finally admitted it was my DAD driving the cop car !!!

13. Jr Brown......

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x_wLVCLPx0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. banditomerc

banditomerc

Back in '81,i was 21 back then,i was driving my freshly chopped '51 merc after getting off work to drop off a friend at his home in the city of Bell,Ca.A Local constable driving in the opposite direction on Atlantic blvd busted a u and pulled us over.I showed my hands out the chopped doors,just to make sure there was no misunderstandings.He said to me,"i just wanted to take a closer look at your merc,i haven't seen one in ages"...what a relief.He checked it out for about 10 min,then we took off.That incident showed me that not all police are......unpolite.

15. 02HD9294

02HD9294

Last year the missus and I were cruising in my O/T 02 F150 Harley Davidson around the city on a warm summer night and I wasn't paying attention to the mirrors. I know I rolled a few stop sign right turns and wasn't signalling. When I finally looked in the mirror I saw the cruiser and figured that he must have been following me for a few blocks at least. I finally signalled, and he turned on the lights. He was a young guy, and after ribbing me a bit about my driving (could have easily written me up) I could tell he was really a car guy who was curious about the truck. Turned out that he was a Ford guy restoring a couple of early Mustangs and when I told him about my 62 Comet project we talked Ford restoration for 20 minutes or so before he went on his way. In this hobby, you meet a lot of nice folks from all walks of life.

16. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

A buddy of mine was restoring his 57 vette and got it to a running, driving complete chassis with no body. Temptation got the better of him so he decided to take it down the street...then continued around the block...then on some back roads. Before he knew it he was 2 towns away and a cop pulls him over. Not knowing where to begin the cop asks him what's up and he explains that he was just test driving it down the street. So the cop says, Ok drive it home I'll follow you. He didn't tell him he lived 2 town over so off they go. Not knowing what to do he sees an open empty garage just down the block with a woman doing yard work out front and decides to pull right in !!! On the way up the driveway he gives a big hello to "Mom" parks the vette, hops out and heads down the driveway to thank the cop as he drives away !!! Then thanks the open mouthed woman, waits 10 minutes or so then drives home without incident...:D

17. toobadq

toobadq
    from Indy

Back in the early 80's I did lots of body and Paint work and some mechanic work....I had just finished a Camaro...new paint and some engine work...it was real nice so I took it for a test drive to the local cruise...I had made a few trips up and down the cruise when The lights came on behind me....It was bummper to bummper traffic so I was not speeding...I had checked all the light before leaving the shop...I knew the plates were good.....Up walks the officer....He wants to know how HIS car is doing...He was way COOL about it...I got to do a Falcon for his brother off this job...I DID NOT take it for a joy ride

18. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

The wife and I were rolling back from Viva las Vegas and this CHP pulled us over just to check out the van. He didn't seem to care much about the 36. Matbe it had somthing to do with the fact that my Lovely wife was driving the van?

[​IMG]

19. Hell, I STREET RACED a cop once.
    (If you don't like VWs, quit reading NOW.)

I used to work for the aircooled VW magazines here in the US.
    I had just finished the 3-1/2 year build on a 1957 sunroof Bug.
    Had a potent 2 liter with nasty cam, big valve ported and polished heads, Weber 48 IDA's, the works.
    It was on the cover of the July, 2001 issue of VW Trends Magazine, the one where a New Beetle Cop car is chasing a Silver VW Bug.
    It was all for show, of course, we were actually only going about 25-30 mph, and once we got all the photos we needed, my buddy started to drop the ramps on the trailer we used to bring the car to the photo shoot location. I asked him what he was doing, and he said he thought we were gonna trailer the car back home. I told him "hell no, I built this car to drive, and now that it has been photographed for the cover and feature article, I'm gonna do what I said I was gonna do... DRIVE THE DAMN THING"
    So, I am sitting at a freeway on ramp, waiting for the light to turn green. This 1.8 turbo New Beetle Cop car pulls up alongside of me, and starts pre-loading the clutch, revving the engine, just egging me on... I'm thinking "grow a brain, dork, street racing a cop is a no-win situation" but he took off in a cloud of (front wheel) tire smoke, so I just thought "what the hell, he started it" hit the limiter, dumped the clutch, and went after him. I passed him in 3rd gear, hit 4th, slowed down, and cruised back the 30 or so miles home, and never saw the cop again that night.
    A couple of days later, I was driving around town, and saw the same cop and the new Beetle Cop car. I honked the horn, and smiled and waved, and he just wagged his finger at me, and gave me "THE LOOK".....

20. pineknot4

pineknot4

I knew he was gona get stopped in that thing.

21. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

ive met a few cops like that. its nice to know that not all of them are dicks

22. dmikulec

dmikulec

Summer 1978, driving I-90 to Cleveland, Ohio from PA and got pulled over in Ashtabula County. Cop wanted to see why I had a hood scoop on my '63 Plymouth Belvedere longroof. :cool:

23. My mate's A sedan getting the once over in France (I think)
    [​IMG]I
    I used to have a 56 Chev which a cop was checking out.As he let me go he tells me lets see what she's got.I'm thinking "did I hear him right"Anyhow,he got smoke as I peeled away from the kerb;swear he was smiling?!

24. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I have been driving for almost 40 yrs, over 20 yrs as a professional driver. In all those yrs I have only got 2 tickets, none in the last 20 yrs. I have talked my way out of a few tickets. Police officers are human like us. Most all are reasonable. I found if you are respectable and have a good explanation for your actions you may not get a ticket...that and don't do anything to get pulled over for!

Sometimes the police show up at local cruises and car shows. All they do is check out the cars and talk to the owners.

25. I was pulled over at the USA Canadian Border crossing. The border patrol knew the guys that search suspicious cars were into cars so my wife and I had to sit in the building watching these two guys going through my car. The funny thing was, they popped the hood and were just talking for about 10 minutes . I didn't know what was going on. They came inside, thanked me for letting them look at my car and one guy asked if that was a factory Tri-power. My car that was there is a 1968 400 4 sp convertible Firebird with a 1966 GTO tri-power set up. I told them no and the one guy says to the other guy , " You owe me $10 bucks dude"!! Then I said it is a factory Tri- Power but not for a Firebird, its from a 1966 GTO. Then the other guy laughs and said I owe you nothing as our bet was if it was factory!! I said, well he has a point, it is factory but just not on my car!! We all laughed and my wife and I got back into the car just shaking our head!! . The whole getting pulled over just because the border crossing guy was sending my car to his friends in the building to look at my car just blew my mind.

26. clute

clute
    from Australia

Early eighties I had my "53 mainline ute in the brake shop getting some work done, just across the street from the cop shop in Wagga Wagga. When I came in to see if it was finished the old mechanic gave me a strange look and said that a copper had been looking at my ute and wanted me to go over the road and see him.As I very nervously go in and ask for him I realize he is a local highway patrol officer with a really bad reputation, especially among the truckies.Getting more nervous as he came over, then he says "Is that your ute?"
    "Yes sir,why?"
    "Cause I've got one the same model, I thought you might like to see it"
    We then get in his police car and he drives me across town to a shed where he and his mates work on there cars!!

27. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

In the early eighties I got pulled over in my '51 Vicky by a cop who wanted to check it out because he once owned one.

An acquaintance of mine got out of a ticket because the officer noticed the Goodguys sticker on his family car and started talking cars and let him off.

28. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Didn't get pulled over but I got a State petrol cop good. He likes hot rods and classics ,stopped by our shop to bs cool car stuff.When he was up front I took the thin blue masking tape and FLAMED his whole car on the side he wouldn't see getting in to drive off.Man I flamed the shit out of it. He came in the next day saying he went through the whole day not knowing I did it until he turned the car in at night,told his commander his car got graffiti and they all ( except the commander )got a good laugh. He said don't do that again,LOL. He reminds me about it every time I see him.

29. I hear yah on that! :rolleyes: I used to use Comet, a scrub brush and clean the crap out of them . . . then put Armor-All on. Seemed the thing we just had to do in the 70's -- washing a car to go out for the night was a big part of the week.

30. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I almost the exact same situation in New Mexico last year. He told me to get out of his state.