Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Mobtown Greaseball/Baltimore-Dundalk

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Sep 4, 2011.

1. .......It was nice chatting with you at The Vintage Tin Show. Love your '57......Don.

2. Three days away! They say 30% chance of rain so I guess that means 70% chance it won't!

3. It's 90 miles from Philly to Baltimore, so it's about 70 miles from the bridge.

4. ditto

5. budhaboy

budhaboy

I'll be there, as a tourist - only thing I have streetable right now is a 70 Monte Carlo

6. 427Willis

427Willis
    from Towson, MD

40% chance of rain with calls for showers during the day - not sure if I want to sit around and get a wet ass...

7. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

weather channel says 1 1/2 to 2 inches of rain Saturday. It now shows 70% chance of rain

see you next weekend at the showdown drags

8. Yeah John I think that maybe things might be taking a turn. Multiple inches of rain + grassy area for parking = mudbowl not to mention the threat of continuing downpours.

We might have to rethink this in the morning....

9. Sadly it's looking v-e-r-y, v-e-r-y WET !!! :(

10. They will be having it Rain or Shine. Now the forecast has changed to 20% chance of rain tomorrow. We will probably total out to between 2 and 3 inches of rain today though.

11. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

weather.com as of 8PM Friday

Attached Files:

12. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

Show was Dry and had a pretty good turn out. Anyone take pics?

13. dirtpoor

dirtpoor
    from maryland

Good show glad I went.Didn't worry about the weather,I really don't think I would melt.

14. 1929Essex

1929Essex

show was decent but not as good as other years. one of the members said they were expecting 700 cars, had 430 last year but i bet only 200 were there this time around.

15. Well over 330 cars were there. I know the guy who had #330 entry number and many cars came in AFTER him. They've never had 700 cars.

16. 667 pictures will be up tomorrow from me. There are several others with pictures.

17. Good Job Lyle...seen you snappin the pics.

Murph

18. bekjoy

bekjoy
    from Delaware

It was a good show and the weather was beautiful... we always have a good time at the greaseball

19. 1929Essex

1929Essex

"Well over 330 cars were there. I know the guy who had #330 entry number and many cars came in AFTER him. They've never had 700 cars."

which is why i said "they were expecting 700"

20. .......They may have been hoping for 700 and without a threat for rain they might have gotten a little better turn-out. That said, there was far more than 200 cars in attendance and I was pleasantly surprised at how good the turn-out actually was. Seemed like more vendors were there than in the past and all in all I felt like the show was a good one considering the potential for bad weather.

21. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was walking around looking everyone's tattooed arms, but I didn't see you. Weather was perfect; overcast, no rain.

22. hunter

hunter

HAHA....thats kinda funny...he was there, cause he rode with me.....we'll be at the jalopyrama though..just keep checking out everyones arm..

Show was great, car count may have been down a little due to weather but still a very cool one day show and got a chance to talk to lots of great people,

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  23. 427Willis

427Willis
    from Towson, MD

We ended up going and got there around 2. I was car 218. Ended up being an awesome day. I took some photos and will try to post them up this week.

24. olskool37

olskool37

yeah, please anyone with pics add 'em to the mix. I wouldve been there but cruisin around Fri. nite I developed a dead cylinder. A friend of mine (in the 60's Purple Pontiac) went down for the first time and told me he had a hell of a time and wants to do it again! thanks to the Karb Kings and anyone else for keeping this show going! Hope to be there next year!

25. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

Im suprised pwschuh didn't stop me I also have a 59 wagon tattoed on my left arm mines an edsel tho lol. I had a blast again this year and I think it was a pretty good turn out for the weather they thought we were going to have thanks to the karb kings for putting on the great show.

26. oldschool king 27

oldschool king 27

27. 427Willis

427Willis
    from Towson, MD