Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's thrashing for the Pileup???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CURIOUS RASH, Sep 21, 2011.

1. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Figured I might as well drive something that will get through the gate this year. I've been worried about two things on the Biscayne. The engine and the front end.

I have all the parts to rebuild the front end, and it failing could kill us or the car, so it wins...

I kept the front suspension out of the four DOnOR we hacked up so I'm putting all the new goods in those parts, then I'll drop the whole front end and replace it with the rebuilt stuff...

Anyone else?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  2. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

I'm getting a few things taken care of. I should have my 41 Chevy Tails frenched in to my 51 tonight. I'm getting all antsy in my pantsy.

3. silent rick

silent rick

if you can call changing out the fuel filter, checking fluids and pressure and re-applying rain-x to the windows thrashing, i have plenty of time. see you there.

4. That would be cool to have the Biscayne there, it's been awhile since I have parked next to it outside your garage.

I'm hoping to find a trailer to convert for the FED, then I'll drive the ElCamino. Otherwise the Model A I drove to my first pileup 9yr ago will make the last one too.

5. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

Yes,just got a 57 cadillac that hasnt seen the road for the better part of the last 20 years.So far new parts have been,water pump,radiator,brakes,brake lines,wheel cylinders,master and booster,oh,almost forgot,new front floors so my feet wont get wet if it rains.Wish me luck,I have still yet to drive it and Im roughly 3 hours each way.Good thing the trunk will hold alot of tools!!!

6. i have a case of oil to load up and i am ready
    yes it will take me about a case of oil to get there and back
    tk

7. I am thrashing... but not on the truck! Schedules, supplies, to do lists, meetings, mailings.... we are on the countdown!

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

I'm thrashing on the show, t oo.
    I have a bunch of non-critical things to do on the '59... like install a headliner.
    I was hoping to get the Econoline there, too, but am running out of time and need to replace sections of frame. Even with Jogyver's generous help I'm not sure that will happen since I can't get the damn spring eye bolts out!! :mad: and I lost my driver. :)
    At least the 59 will be there!

9. We should line up the 59's, we can make our own section

10. modelamac

modelamac

I AM, I AM!

The olds is rolling under it's own power for the first time in like 40 years....
    I drove it to the Rockin Roddin Reunion last weekend.

Now! All I have to do is take the torch to the springs and.... LOL!

Oooooohhhhh....This is gonna be grrrreeeaaatttt!

Attached Files:

11. lukey

lukey

I HAD the 58 ready, but wasnt payin attention to a crowned road i was on and pretty much ripped my muffler off. Gonna straight pipe it till after the pile up i think.

-LUKEY-

12. Zaq

Zaq

Wish i was close enough to be.
    Unless someone wants to come help me, finish the bed, body work, wiring, brakes, steering, driveshaft, wheels, tires, seats, gauges, tune, and then get a title and plate for it in the...2 weeks left...lets do it!

Haha. In all seriousness, I cant wait for the show, and cant wait to see all these cars that people have been pushing hard to get to this show!

13. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

The only thing that will keep the Biskit from being there is if it grenades on the way.... Drive the Elky TZ.

Carianne (sp?) going?

14. I'm trashing too,
    On strawberrychello and lemon too

15. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

done! well done enough, now if it just doesnt explode between now and then.

[​IMG]

16. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

[​IMG]

Ball joints out. Arms scrubbed up as well as I care to scrub them. Was going to blast them but figure its wasted effort at this point. I like using hammer finish on suspension parts since they typically have some hammering anyways... tomorrow night, paint.

17. slammed

slammed

Going w/ urethane bushing Rashman? You will not regret it if you do.

18. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Nah, good old rubber. The last round lasted all these years. This round will last longer than me.

19. Moneymaker

Moneymaker

When and where is the pile up?

Is there a age limit for vehicle participation?

The oldest cool car we own that is streetable is a 88. :eek:

Thanks

20. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I am! Im fried already. Stressed out and lack of sleep which will probably go on for the next 2 weeks, but thats what makes this stuff fun.........right?..........Hope to be riding my BSA around Decatur.

Moneymaker check the info in this link
    http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/criteria/

21. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

22. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Lookin good there Rashy

23. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Progress is slow when you work for the man....

At least it's progress, been a while since there was any of that...

[​IMG]

24. slammed

slammed

Is there a front sway bar? Your gonna dig the tight feel of a fresh suspension. I may go this year. I'd like to check out the Elky.

25. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Kinda - replacing a flexplate that I find a crack in on the wife's ride and thinking about putting windows in the 31' just incase we take both cars! Hard to justify taking both rides seeing as it's 3 hrs away and the price of gas sucks!!!!!!

26. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

It will have a sway bar. It did not have one before but the car I parted did... We will be in the Biscayne, not the Elky.

We typically all pile into one car because of gas. Being this is my last chance to drive something that will clear the gates, I decided I better just buckle down and do it.
    I think it took us about 8 hours to get there last year.

27. slammed

slammed

Adding a sway bar, + new ft end = a dramatic improvement.

28. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Rear end of my model A way too over sprung-so I removed the air shocks and viola!
    So now it rides much better-should've listened to my frind countrysedanman a long time ago!
    It made it to Maquoketa and back from Waterloo for the Torquefest, and the Hunnert will be about twice as far-so I hope it goes well!!!

29. dynamic88

dynamic88
    from Chicago

Super lame, but just in from the garage doing little things to the Olds... Oil, power steering fluid, and such. Chased down a couple vacuum leaks (broken dry rotted ends) under the hood and under the dash that were keeping my vents & defrost from working.

So now, whichever Pileup weather we get (snow or 85 degrees), should be a little more comfortable on the drive down!

30. ryno

ryno

Looking good Rashy! Someone got some motivation on drag week!?
    Glad to see ya doing it again.

I'm tring my damneat to finish up the truck. Just got done sptYing out the doors, core support, and fenders. Still need to bleed all fluids, install shifter, mount seats, mount all tin, fab false floor in bed, line x, and rest drive before we head out for a 9 hr drive

Can't wait