Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2011 Texas State Championship

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gear Grinders of S.A., Aug 8, 2011.

1. Just want to extend a personal "Invite" to everyone to come out and enjoy the "Big Event". Along with vintage drag racing the Gear Grinders of S.A. with be hosting a "kick-ass" Car Show and Swap Meet! See Ya October 22nd 2011 at San Antonio Raceway in Marion Texas.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  2. seatex

seatex

See 'ya in Marion!

3. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Same here see yall there.

4. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

<!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> A lot of people had a lot of fun when the Texas Timing Association moved the annual Texas State Championship Race to San Antonio Raceway last year.

While we are getting ready for this year's big season-ending TSC-11 event, here are a few comments posted by HAMB'ers about their experience at last year's big race.

"What a day! Lots of incredible things to see, stands were full, racing was intense! - Maxcackle

Thanks to Ed Miller and the TTA crew...we had a great weekend with a lot of friends &#8230;What a nice track and friendly staff. &#8230;Thanks again for creating a venue for all the "real racers" mixed in with "our old timey Little River kind of cars"... We'll be back[​IMG]!!!! Whooo Hoooo!!!!! &#8211; Skot

Yep, we gotta support all the local events that want us there!!! It was a great time&#8230; and an awesome track!!!! We will definitely be back next year. - Rusty

I really enjoyed it. I love Day of the Drags, but it's like having only one bookend. I think this event completes the set. &#8211; Scottybaccus

Got there early, stayed late, and had a great time! That was the highest quality drag racing I've seen in a long time. The members of the TTA and other clubs and organizations that put it on can be proud of themselves. Congratulations. Thanks for putting on a great show. We will be there next year. &#8211; Thom Mead

Great race!! Well worth the 1260-mile round trip from Bella Vista, Arkansas!! &#8211; OldTopGasser

Had a great time there! Glad to see all my long distance friends! &#8211; Dirty2

As a vendor, there was no BS from you or your team, and after doing shows for 30+ years it is a joy to work with people who let you go do yo thang instead of powerplaying. Man, that was a fun event and.&#8230;had a real Blast! Saw lots of friends and customers from way back and I still heard cars running at midnite! Let's do it again, and mo wheelies! - MikeysPinstriping

Nice to get to run my non-HAMB friendly car with friends. As a suggestion, Ed, please start the racing earlier or make this a two day race. Us old folks get a little cranky after our bed time. &#8211; Junior Stock

It was a great event for the first one in San Antonio, and it's great that it will be back in 2011! &#8211; Kenneth S

What a great time! Good to see everyone, and glad to see so many familiar faces make the trip to San Antonio! &#8211; ChevyRat"

We'll be posting more details soon about important changes to move this year's big race along at a faster clip so that we can finish at an earlier hour.

Check back.

5. Fireant

Fireant
    from Texas

I'll be there!

6. Sounds great - I'll be there for sure

7. JAX42

JAX42

I was there last year and I'll be there this year!!!!!!

8. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Plannin on being there!

9. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

Summer of Love FED
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  10. speedjunky

speedjunky

Planning on making this one. Looking forward to making some passes in my FED!

11. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

For those that don't have MS Word on their computer.

Index classes for racing:
    Super Eliminator S/E 8.90
    Competition Eliminator C/E 9.50
    Modified Eliminator Mod/E 10.10
    Middle Eliminator Mid/E 10.80
    Junior Eliminator J/E 11.40
    Little Eliminator L/E 12.00
    Modified Hot Rod Eliminator MHR/E 12.60
    Hot Rod Eliminator HR/E 13.20
    Junior Hot Rod Eliminator JHR/E 13.80
    Street Eliminator St/E 14.40
    Junior Street Eliminator JSt/E 15.00
    Eliminator F/E (no OHV&#8217;s)
    Bracket Eliminator B/E &#8217;72 and earlier
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

12. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

I see that the gates open at 8am and the time trials start at noon. Will there be any grudge matches or racing prior to the noon time trails? (Like they do at DOTD, Yellow Belly and the THAW)