Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser/Street Machine style cars at Indy Goodguys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 390Merc, Sep 20, 2011.

1. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

The truck made my day. If I got to pick one vehicle from the whole weekend to take home I would be happy with this one. Very clean and nicely finished.
    The 55 was pretty cool displaying its "lost art", seldom seen painting techniques.

Attached Files:

2. Deuces

Deuces

Sweeeeeeeeeet! :D
    Got anymore??? :)

3. if that '55 sat about 6-8 inches lower, i'd be all over it

4. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

that 55 belongs to a HAMBer, it does have an awesome paint job that pictures
    just wont do. ya gotta see it.

5. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

This was about all I photographed this year that could be considered a gasser these days. There were more, I've just seen them before. I think I might have some pics of the 55 from last year when it was all black.

Attached Files:

6. CalGasser

CalGasser

Love that white '57! But Q/Stock with glass tilt frontend & scoop; radiused rear fenderwells & no front bumper? :confused:

7. We gave that guy wth the truck are club pick at Symco ...its very cool and he built it in his garage in 9 months !

8. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

great pics! thanks for sharing!

9. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

This car belongs to a friend of mine Jim Payne.I believe the Q/S stands for something besides Qstock.He drives the car hard and it does have three pedals.

10. The lime green pickup is KILLER bad ass! Id love to have it in my garage. A very nice build to say the least.:cool:

11. brewster55

brewster55

educate me, what year is the truck?

12. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Great shots. Love em!

13. falfas55

falfas55

Thanks for the great pics.

14. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

OK, well this shot of Tony's car is actually from the 2011 Columbus Goodguys show, but I thought you guys might dig it.

It seems that Tony was heading back to the host hotel on Friday night when some idiot ran him off the road with an abrubt lane change. He hopped that concrete curb you see at interstate speed and slid to a stop exactly where you see the car photographed (The photo was taken from the multi lane interstate and the lane he is on is actually an on ramp.) We were going to stop, but I did not see him around so I assumed he was hoofing it for gasoline!

Yes, it screwed up the chrome front end a little. A machine shop did some quick repair work to straighten things out Saturday morning and Tony made it back to the fairgrounds for the day. Pretty good testament to the build I would say!

Attached Files:

15. Nice cars.....but why does the `57 have radiused wheel openings, if it has a narrowed rear end ?? :confused: Narrowed rear ends were race only stuff, radiused when you couldn't afford narrowed...