Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your little one ever say anything that let's you know you're doing something right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoadFarmer, Sep 21, 2011.

1. So my three year old, Gerrit and I are in the garage working on my minibike. He walks up to me wearing my helmet and says "dad when I get big i'm gonna make a minibike and it's gonna be way faster than yours"

I couldn't help but laugh and think I've gone a good job at raising a part of the next generation of hot rodders.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

2. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Awesome. I just picked up my daughter from middle school in my 53 Mercury and she was so excited. Very cool.

3. Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

Attached Files:

4. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

one time back in the 1970's my daughter wanted me to take her and some friends to a Gratefull Dead concert. she ask me to "please drive the 57 Chevy bread truck, instead of the new Mercedes. " I knew at that moment I had done something right. Cadillac Dave

5. FormerFueler

FormerFueler

My girlfriend and I have had custody of her granddaughter and she hangs out with me in the garage quite a bit, Her mother came by with the latest loser and he was talking about all the stuff he wanted to do with his O/T POS. One was the addition of a nitrous oxide system,Or as he said "NOS". Jasmine just looked him in the eye and said "NOS isn't a word,FAG"!

Almost brought a tear to my eye!

6. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

my daughter used to say all kinds of nice things ....then she turned 12 .i now know why loins eat their young...

7. Dakota Boy

Dakota Boy
    from Racine, WI

my 10-yr. old boy despises any car with huge spinner-type wheels, and also doesnt care for all those new large-diameter rims and skinny tires being put on old cars.

Doesnt look right, he says.

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

No, but my daughter sure has let me know I've done something wrong. Two and a half, and she already has a vocabulary that would make a New York cab driver blanche...

9. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I had my 8yr. old son in my OT truck doing donuts. I thought he'd be impressed. His reply was "Mom did them better when she borrowed your truck". My jaw hit the floor. Her and I need to have a little talk.

10. r8odecay

r8odecay

"Faster Dada...Faster!" my 3 yr old every day on the way home from day care going over the bridge...

11. Phinney

Phinney

My 4 year old built her first roadster for us. Yeah, it was a carrot with toothpick axles, but at least she has vision ;) She says, "With only two seats Ma, so we can leave my sissies at home!" And, she wants flames on our '59 Desoto!!! What a great kid...:)

12. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Back in the "old days" (my son is six) he used to call everything either race cars....or hot rods, ricers, donks, S-10's didnt matter....

the other day we were driving into town and saw a sweet static dropped chopped 50 merc....painted in the only color (imho) that a sweet merc custom should be painted....mile deep gloss black....

I spoke without thinking pointing the car out to my son "Bug (his nickname), look in the right lane, theres a sweet hotrod right there...."

His response (with an aire of exasperation) "Sigh...thats not a hot rod daddy, thats a custom...."

Little turd....I must be doin somethin right....

13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I laughed my ass off on this one! You say you're going to have a talk with the missus, maybe to get some pointers on how to cut donuts?:rolleyes::D

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  14. fbama73

fbama73

This past Sunday, my eleven year old, met an Indy car driver, and the HAMB's own Denise (Hotrodladycrusr)and even got a ride with Denise in big Olds.

She was going on and on about how cool Denise and Big Olds are. When I asked her about whether or not she liked meeting Ed Carpenter, she said "Yeah, that was cool too- but he's just a race car driver." Clearly, the kid has her priorities straight.

15. hemi guy 53

hemi guy 53
    from colorado

i love it when they spot a hot rod before i do

16. JEM

JEM

Brought the five-year-old daughter home from gymnastics. Friend of mine was bringing my car trailer back this afternoon, needed to move a couple cars around to make room for the trailer to fit into the side yard, so I parked her in front of the TV for a few minutes.

Friend backs the trailer up the driveway, we get it in the side gate and line up the track car to roll back onto it. Daughter trots out, "Can I help?" So she got to walk the winch cable back to the car and hook it up.

I'll settle for the little things...now, if only I had enough shop space to lay out the tool drawers low enough for her to reach all the common stuff...

17. Muttley

Muttley

I'm in the same boat with mine who just turned 15 about a month ago. :( :(

18. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

It's not car related. But when my daughter was in respiratory therapy school she would have study sessions with other students at our house. One day they were studying in the kitchen, and I was in the living room within ear shot. They were discussing going out to eat and to a movie when they were done studying. My daughter said that she couldn't go because she didn't have any money. One of them said, "but your dad is a doctor." To which she replied, "yeah dad's a doctor but i'm not." I liked that a lot. I gave her the money to go with them,but I appreciated the fact that she didn't feel intitled. Good kid.

19. 23dragster

23dragster
    from U.S.

Not married and don't have any kids... hopefully someday; but I have had a few little tykes comment about something I'm driving say, into the gas station. "Wow mom/dad! Look at that hot rod!" Cute kids.

20. big daddy Raleigh

big daddy Raleigh
    from Denver CO

Our first is still in the oven, I'm looking forward to having these candid conversations about cars!

21. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

You did it "right", Doc. Cherish her.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  22. Jaronimo

Jaronimo

Do pictures count?

[​IMG]

This is how I found him. The next pictures I took a short while later was after our "safety lecture" and it has his car on jackstands and he is wearing safety glasses. I am so proud!

23. TKEBH964

TKEBH964
    from MO

My 2 1/2 year old has a few stories which he talks about on a daily basis.

"I ride in Grandpa's hot rod at car show" He cruised the fairgrounds at a local show in my Dad's 38 chevy. The same show that a local news paper wrote an article about and took a picture of him staring at a tricked out old mini cooper for the front page.

"Go fast in Grandpa's hot rod" Need to talk to my dad about that one...

"Work on Dad's wagon, I turned it" He has helped me on several occasions working on the car. This story pertains to putting seat belts in the car and holding a wrench.

He is always asking if we can race other cars on the road. Also lately he has been playing "car show" where he lines up his hot wheels on the floor, they even get trophies. Sometimes even Thomas the train gets to go to the car show.

24. Standing in a parking lot after our weekly breakfast gathering "admiring" the art car/rat rod/rolling abortion the had just pulled up, my 7 year old son (6 at the time) leans over and says.."yuck...it smells like fish!"

25. lukey

lukey

My son when he was 3. Said it had a 427 FE On it and had an oil leak! Love that little guy. He watched me pinstripe my 58 the other night, now he acts like ge is striping everything in the house

-LUKEY-

Attached Files:

26. lukey

lukey

Another good one... When my oldest was 3 or 4 i took her to a car show. There was a guy there with a harley trike...sittin there with a big arrogent look on his face. My daughter walks up and says "its ok, i have training wheels on my bike too" about 15 people heard her say it. Wasnt 5 minutes later he left.
    -LUKEY-

27. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

my kids first word was car. when he was 2 he had about 30 old car hot wheels and he could tell you what each one was, but couldnt figure out his colors:) now he is almost 4 and is saving up all the nickels and pennies for car parts, his idea. he told me he wants to build a monster truck for his first car. so i asked him if i can help build it. he responded with "you can get the tires mounted". he's a smart-ass like his father:)

28. slider's house of kustoms

slider's house of kustoms
    from idaho

I was trying to keep my 2 year old daughter occupied by having her ride her pedal car in the driveway. Suddenly I hear a flop then bam bam bam! She had turned it on to it's side and was acting like she was wrenching on it. "What are you doiing don't you what to drive it?" I asked. She replied; "We don't drive cars daddy we build them here". Tears of Joy folks tears of joy.

29. ironwork

ironwork
    from maine

30. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

A year or so ago our granddaughter with her baby boy came to live with us. Jayden turned a year old just after moving in and he and I became the best of friends (I'm a 66 year old retired guy). He and I would take his Mom to and from work every day in my old '79 Dodge pick-up. The truck has a 3 speed stick shift and I noticed one day Jayden playing with his hot wheels that he love so much, well after a little while I noticed that he was SHIFTING GEARS during his playing.... about blew me away.
    That is him and his Mom plus him looking at this old monster truck near where we live and watching cartoons like he's at the drive-in movie.

Attached Files: