Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 zephyr mild kustom build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS, Sep 21, 2011.

1. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

ID LIKE TO SHARE WITH EVERYBODY THE BUILD OF A CAR THATS BEEN A DREAM OF MINE FOR QUITE SOMETIME. ID LIKE TO THANK THE PERSON I RECIEVED THIS CAR FROM VERY MUCH FOR MAKING A DREAM A REALITY. IVE HAD THIS CAR FOR AWHILE NOW AND BEING THAT IM SUPER BUSY I DONT GET TO PUT MUCH TIME INTO IT, THESE ARE PICS IVE COLLECTED SINCE IVE HAD THE CAR AND THE BIT OF PROGRESS I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET DONE. THIS BUILD ISNT SOMETHING THATS GOING TO FAST BUT AT SOME POINT IT WILL GET THERE.

HERES THE CAR AS IT SAT THE DAY I GOT IT TO THE SHOP.

[​IMG]

AS YOU CAN SEE IN THIS PIC THE ZEPHYR IS A HUGE PROJECT, THERES NOT TO MUCH OF THE 3W ZEPHYR THAT IS GOOD. AFTER A BIT OF TEAR DOWN AND REALISING THE ONLY GOOD PARTS OF THIS CAR IS THE 3W SKIN FROM THE FRONT TOP OF THE ROOF BACK AND THE DOORS. EVERYTHING ELSE IS SUPER ROTTED OUT AND TO FAR GONE TO TRY TO SAVE. THE FRAME WAS WASTED, FRONT CLIP WAS TO FAR GONE, FLOORS GONE, A-PILLARS WASTED ETC.

[​IMG]

SO IN ORDER FOR ME TO TRY TO SAVE THIS CAR AND MAKE MY DREAM MILD KUSTOM I HAD TO BUY A DONOR CAR, BEING THAT 3W COUPES ARE HARD TO GET AND I ACTUALLY DID FIND A 41 SEDAN ONLINE THAT WAS REALLY NICE AND ALMOST 100% COMPLETE. PERFECT DONOR CAR AND I WILL HAVE ALL THE PARTS THAT WHERE MISSING FROM THE 3W I DIDNT HAVE.

[​IMG]

UNFORTUNETLY IM THAT GUY THAT CUT UP A REALLY NICE SEDAN TO MAKE MY 3W COUPE HAPPEN. AFTER LOOKING OVER BOTH CARS AND FIGURING OUT THE EASIEST WAY TO MATE THE GOOD WITH THE GOOD AND SOME MEASUREMENTS ITS TIME TO START MAKIN THIS HAPPEN.
    HERE IN THIS PIC I HAVE CUT THE SKIN OFF THE GOOD PART OF ORIGINAL 3W LEAVING BEHIND ANYTHING SOFT OR RUSTED.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THE TEAR DOWN OF THE SEDAN. NOTE THESE CARS ARE UNIBODY WITH A FRAME. SHEETMETAL IS WELDED TO THE FRAME STOCK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AFTER A BIT OF FITTING AND CUTTING HERE AND THERE WE WHERE ABLE TO GET THE SKIN ON TOP OF ITS NEW CHASSIS/FLOOR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sophisto79

sophisto79

'Bout time Skoty! Just the thread we need on the HAMB. This is gonna be good...

Phil

3. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

PIC OF THE TWO CHASSIS SIDE BY SIDE
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

THESE PICS HERE OF THE CAR LOW ARE ONLY MOCK UP, NO SUSPENSION HAVE BEEN DONE. JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE LOW.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

I sure am not mad that you tore a good sedan to make your dream car. Thats a lot of work and DAM!!!! YOUR THE MAN for putting the 2 together. i would like to see this car run without bags, but thats just me. Awesome build and glad you got the time to start on it.

5. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

Super Bad-Ass! My girlfriend said it looks like a Squad car, I agree.

6. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

THE IDEA FOR THIS BUILD IS A MILD 2.5" CHOP AND STILL KEEPING SOME WHAT OF THE STOCK SHAPE OF THE ROOF INSTEAD OF LEANING THE ROOF IN AND MAKING IT LOOK MORE FAST BACK. I REALLY LIKE THE CAR TO ALMOST LOOK NOT CHOPPED IF YOU DIDNT KNOW WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE BEFORE. I AM MOLDING THE FENDERS, SHAVING THE HANDLES MAYBE, MIGHT CHANGE THE FRONT HEADLIGHTS TO 40 MERC OR FORD, HAVENT REALLY LOOKED INTO IT TO MUCH SINCE I GOT ALONG WAY TO GO BEFORE THAT CAN BE UP FOR DECISION. THIS CAR WILL NOT SIT FLAT ON THE GROUND BUT WILL BE A FEW INCHES OFF THE GROUND IN REAR AND MORE UP FRONT. THIS IS A LITTLE RENDERING I DID ON MY COMPUTER OF WHAT ID LIKE IT TO LOOK LIKE INCLUDING MY CHOP, YOU CAN SEE IN THE ROOF IT DOESNT REALLY LOOK CHOPPED AND ID ALSO LIKE TO RUN EITHER SOMBREROS OR THE ORIGINAL AFTER MARKET RIBBED HOLLYWOOD FLIPPERS. ID LIKE TO PAINT THE CAR A NICE CANDY RED WITH A OFF WHITE LEATHER INTERIOR.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  7. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Definetly alot of work but well worthe it, thanks buddy.

8. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Haha! It does.

9. You´re doing great. And you rid the world of another four door - it´s win/win!

10. 'Mo

'Mo

That's a nicely shaped rear window taken from the fordor.
    Any plans yet on how it will get used?

I believe James Lynch used a Lincoln window in is Stude.

[​IMG]

11. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

Ive talked to you before about this dream car of yours, seeing what you did with your Plymouth I know this one will be a knockout. Your attention to detail is remarkable. And your dog is crazy, my girlfriend was talking to you behind the Gambino booth at Billetproof, I think we are getting another one because of your boy.

12. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Sure looks like a zephyr window, the sedan opening and the 3w opening are the same. I do have the extra window opening if some one is interested in using for there project.

13. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Thanks buddy, thats pretty rad my pup inspired you guys to get another pup. If you guys want one similar to mine let me know. My pups kennel just had a litter.

14. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Hey man that's cheating.:D I burn myself fixing all the rust and never get beyond that. I gotta take some pointers from you.

15. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Man you have the gift, I love the work you do. The BAY AREA has some sick ass talent I can't wait to see it out on the road. GREAT JOB !!!!!!!
    RONNIE

16. KFC

KFC
    from UK

Do I remember this thread from a while back ??

My dream car to

17. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

.A-ma-ZinG.
    Your "little rendering" as you call it is absolutley perfect.

18. Bone Head

Bone Head
    from Kansas

awesome, Great project. Looking good so far.

19. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Can't wait to see this one come along, nice start!

20. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

The rendering look KILLER!!! I love the fact that you dont want to chop a lot out of it and want to almost unchopped. These cars have such a HUGE windshield. For me i would go sombrero's. easier to find unless you already have a set of hollywood flippers.When your car is done its gonna make guys have wet dreams!!!

Jason

21. Looks great! I've got the same plan for my 38 3w. Looks like that sedan was NICE!

22. Nice project, I love those old Zephyrs, cool to se one in progress. Keep up the good work and please show updates!

Lars

23. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Thanks buddy, i have both sombreros and hollywood flippers. They both look really good on the car.

24. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Do you have a thread with it? Id really like a 38 3w someday to. Im really really into zephyrs. There such good looking cars.

25. Man I am excited about this one. This is gonna be killer.

26. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Like the man said, some must die so that others may live.

Nice work cutting up the sedan. Can't wait to see this one get put together.

27. Just when I thought I would be spending less time on the HAMB and more time in the
    garage.......

Yowza; subscribed!

28. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Hahaha! Rad

29. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Great start...keep us updated!

30. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I loved your Plymouth build. This is going to be rad!

Subscribed!