Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PHOTOS: Goodguys INDY HOT ROD of the YEAR Competition!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Sep 20, 2011.

1. fuely32

fuely32

Kirk, thanks for the great shots, as well as the 'right on' intro....

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a great bunch of photos of some great cars and guys looking like they are having a blast with them. Beats the hell out of spending another day sitting in the lawn chair and dragging out the duster every few hours.

3. slammed58buick

slammed58buick

As always, great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

4. Ebert

Ebert

Man, did we have a GREAT time on our first HROTY trip! ALL of the guys and gals on the trip were just like KIRK explained....no bullshit, really friendly and just everyone being cool on the trip and stops all day long!!! Just damn cool Hot Rods and people. Thanks to Goodguys for allowing us to "reconnect" with our old track...my sister was even able to make the return "back home" to Muncie Dragway. Had the old '55 wagon full of friends and rolled!

Many thanks to Track President/Owner Dianne Himes and her staff for a gracious welcome and handling of our group!!!

Everyone had a blast and got a cool Muncie Dragway/Goodguys HROTY T and special event decals for their cars...and even more smiles and laughs. Congrats to Mike T and the other participants!!!

E

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  5. DBL_NKL

DBL_NKL
    from ?

deleted

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  6. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

My dad was REALLY bummed he didn't make it back to participate in the HROTY fun again this year...

Next year!!

Cool bunch of cars...

7. KIRK!

KIRK!

Definitely meant as a compliment!

Shit, I wish I was still 30-ish....I'm 42.

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

Thanks a TON for the help arranging the drags at Muncie. The folks there could not have been nicer or more accommodating.

9. fleet-master

fleet-master

great intro KIRK! sounds like an awesome time was had by all.:):)

10. KIRK! -

The HROTY event is the coolest!

Thanks for sharing the pics & story with us here on the H.A.M.B.!

11. Kirk's preface is right on. Amen.
    Bill's yellow Dodge ran an 8.30 something
    The Pete & Jake Tudor ran a 6.74. I think its gone 6 teens.

On a personal note: to all the whinners, critics, and haters, you wouldn't have had a good time anyway...."Bitch Asses" :p

12. fbama73

fbama73

Kirk, thanks for actually having some pictures of the green pickup! One of my judges and I stepped out back for a lung dart and we spotted that thing from a distance, and debated whether or not those were '58 Bel Air taillights. We went over to see who was right (I was) and got to looking at the truck, and damn- that thing is deep fried sex on a stick!

I didn't have my camera with me, and by the time I had some time to go look for it, it was nowhere to be found. And it seems that nobody else got any pics, either.

13. HotRod33

HotRod33

Thoses are some great photo's and the P&J Tudor is a bad ass hotrod.......

14. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Thanks KIRK!. Great shots as always. This event gets better every year. Had a great time leading the cruise until I blew the trans at Muncie. Being one of the three cars that broke, I can tell everyone out there this is for drivers, not queens. Great group of people as always. A special thanks to everyone who tried to help Jim Talaga(broke his 39 trans) and myself. Special thanks to Dick McGann(29 roadster) for being a goodguy!

15. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I am glad to see Jimmy Hervatin was able to compete this year in the GG HROTY - he was REALLY wanting to get in there last year but didnt make it.
    I am sure a good time was had by all
    Congrats to the winner and I hope to be able to see the Second Wind in person at some point this coming year!

16. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Thanks Kirk. A bunch of cool Hot Rods.

17. x-c-lent coverage. I was just looking at that roadster on the cover of Rod-Custom >>>>.

18. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Kirk, just wanted to let you know that we really had a good time at the GG Indy event. I was disappointed with the move from IRP and lack of the drags but I really think this event at the new location will only grow. The buzzing of the Indy cars was a little bit of a nuisance but actually added to the hot rod atmosphere. Thanks for posting the pictures and thanks for all your hard work. Sam

19. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

Kirk, great pics as usual. Do you have pics of the other 4 finalists? It is a great honor to just be a finalist for a great award like this let alone win like the Lincoln did. Thanks for posting pics of a great day for all these car owners doing what this hobbie is all about...DRIVING. Alan

20. Gator

Gator

Great stuff as always Kirkus. It is a shame you have to have a preamble for the whiners.

21. Bone Head

Bone Head
    from Kansas

Great Picture's.

22. wow... awesome cars/pics

23. KIRK!

KIRK!

The four finalists as requested...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Cub8556

Cub8556

Hey Kirk thanks for sharing the great pics. Indy had a great turn out this year

25. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Kirk!, thans for sharing. I wish I had been able to make it to Indy this year, but the cards were stacked against me. Nonetheless, your photos make me feel as if I were right there with all of the lucky people that were.

As far as the whiners and complainers go, "fuck 'em!" Sorry for the bad language, but that is how I feel...

26. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Cool indeed! I think there should be more events like this one. I love drag racing. It's cool to see the rides at shows but even better in motion. Thanks for the coverage. Looks like it was a good event.

27. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

28. Ebert

Ebert

KIRK!

You are more than welcome!!! Thanks to you, Bill, Harry and Ed as well as the great people at Muncie Dragway for making it all happen ---we all had a BLAST!

E

29. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Looks like a blast! There are 2 or 3 of those cars that I would have bet money that they would never have seen the inside of a dragstrip. That rules!

30. KIRK!

KIRK!

I agree, and they BEAT ON 'EM good!!