Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dodge Jobrated (c-series) 1955

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dannykuh, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Dannykuh

Dannykuh

Does anyone got any information about this truck? I just bought 1 and this is my first Dodge. My former cars were Buick and Pontiac so i can use all the info you got.
    The car is i Holland now and has a new licenceplate this is an old photo with the old licenceplates on it.

[​IMG]

2. 73RR

73RR

What, exactly, do you want to know?

3. Dannykuh

Dannykuh

I don't know, as muck as posible?!? First of all where can i get parts for it. And casting numbers so i can check what kind v8 engine i got in it.

[​IMG]

4. that is a very sweet little truck - I love the poly - I would drive the rear axle off of it!!!

5. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Many things to list about it...

Small back window says this was a base model with a v8.. very nice and pretty rare... THis basically has no options and are tons more rare than the wrap around back glass and tall side beds... I know so cause I have 1 of the few small back windows also.. There isnt much info or help on these c series... dodge pilot house . org has some good info on b series and lots do translate to these..

c series pickups had tapered frame rails in the front to give these trucks the best turning radius stock of any manufacture..Its still true to this day... i can turn a circle inside a f series or cheby.. 55 was first year of wrap around front windsheild, 56 was the last year of the butterfly hood on any truck ever produced..

1000 lb carrying capacity stock, you can see my pics on my albums to get some more ideas of the technology in em..

6. The stock non optional engine was the 230 flat head six and the optional v8 was the 241, they came with a 3spd or a New Process model 420 4 spd. I had a 55 and I put a 270Hemi in it with a stock 4 spd . You have very nice truck.

Lee

7. squirrel

squirrel

Engine number should be stamped on the top of the block, just behind the water pump.

8. 73RR

73RR

That would, of course, be incorrect!!!

It is quite obvious that the engine has a separate intake/valley cover design which indicates a Hemi based Poly engine. If the the engine is original to the truck then it would be a 241.

Use codes and casting numbers can be found on my web site.

9. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Nice looking truck! 73RR is right on, that's a 241 or 270 Dodge poly, basically the same engine as the 241/270 Dodge hemi but without the hemi heads. That translates into different pistons and a single rocker shaft set up (vs 2). But with those exceptions, pretty much everything else is the same as a 241/270 hemi, including the intake manifold (exhaust manifolds are different though).

You can check in at http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/index.php, that's a B-series Dodge truck forum (48-53), but most of the same info applies and there's several members there with the later trucks.

You may also want to check out the C-series Dodge book by Don Bunn, lots of info there. http://www.amazon.com/Dodge-Trucks-Restorers-Collectors-Reference/dp/1583881409/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315341091&sr=1-5

Gary (73RR) can get parts for these engines too. RockAuto.com also carries a decent selection of parts for them, not sure how that would work with overseas shipping though.

10. Dannykuh

Dannykuh

Thanks guys, this is what i'm looking for. If i got any questions i put them right here.
    I'm pretty pleased with my new truck that's for sure, when i bought it there were also 2 rebuilt AT and 2 driveshafts and a floorshifter with it. The MT is in the car now, tommorow i'm taking the car for a drive just to see if everything works.
    The seller overhere in Holland told me he bought the car in the US from a guy who worked with the dutch Indy Car driver Arie Luyendyk Sr , he was an mecanicback in those days.

And thanks for the compliments and talk soon,

Danny

11. Very nice looking truck feel free to post any questions Jim

12. Dannykuh

Dannykuh

Okay thanks Jim, Maybe someone can tell me more about weatherstriping or style rubbers. I know Roberts Motor parts got the originals in stock but i was wondering if someone could tell me what kind of profile that rubber is,

13. "That would, of course, be incorrect"!!! (Of course)......lol ,Good for you!

14. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Roberts Motor Parts are good people, the rubber parts they sell are reproductions of original materials for the years and positions they are listed as replacement rubber for. In other words, if your replacing the rubber around the door, the parts listed for your year and model of truck, will look and fit like the original rubber did. The only issue is they do not give you any instructions as to how and exactly where the rubber is suppose to be located. If your rubber is not there, or incorrectly installed, you are on your own as to how it was suppose to be. The staff there knows these trucks and they know their products, I suspect they can tell you how the rubber is suppose to fit, but I have never asked them.

The rubber for each specific location on the truck have their own specific profile. Their listed replacements for each specific location have the correct profile for that specific location. I have used their weatherstripping on a 50, a 52, a 54 and a 56 Dodge pickups and will use them again if the need arises. Gene

15. Dannykuh

Dannykuh

16. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Before we can get you a picture of the profile of the rubber, we need to know which weatherstripping your going to replace. The stuff around the front and rear windows is different then the stuff around the outside of the door, and is also different then the weatherstripping around the door glass or the door vent windows.

I looked at their website, but they don't have any pictures, their catalog has pictures, but that probably won't help you. I know I have pieces of the door to body weatherstripping around here, but all the glass rubber is one piece, so getting a profile would be hard unless it was cut. Gene

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  17. KevenP

KevenP

18. Dannykuh

Dannykuh

Hi,

Does anyone perhaps know what the firering order is of a 259 poly?

Danny

19. 73RR

73RR

20. Bigugly

Bigugly

Nice looking truck!

21. Dannykuh

Dannykuh