Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Usa made parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NONAME, Sep 18, 2011.

1. smitty city

smitty city

Surprisingly, just purchased a set of Carrera shocks made by QA1, they must have come from Minnesota, Mexico.

They were marked Mexico, had same part number as old Carrera shocks, but no longer were gas pressurized, nor were they adjustable for jounce/rebound anymore.

QA1:(

2. boutlaw

boutlaw

Dad always said you get what you pay for. I have grown to appreciate that statement.

3. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

I do my best to buy products that are made in the USA for everything I deal with, specifically California made products. Being a newb in the small business market in the states, i find it astounding how many 'people' don't even care where something is made. It's all the consumerism mentality. Props to O'brien Truckers in MA, keep up the good work man.

4. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

Boy I don't know about 1-Shot since they were bought up? I know there quality has taken a hit in the last few years so who can tell!

Ronan lettering paint is still made here, as are good ol' Mack brushes!!:)

5. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Floor jacks and bottle jacks made here are few and far between anymore,I know u.s. jack ares supposebly all made here but you really have to put in a little ot to afford them.Dont toss your old american made jacks cause they can be rebuilt and will last.

6. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Harbor Freights plastic shopping bags are made here in the US.

7. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

PML in Inglewood, CA makes valve covers, transmission pans and differential covers. Check them out: http://www.yourcovers.com/ .
    I have a PML deep transmission pan on my OT daily driver F250. No leaks in 80k miles of driving!

8. that's hilarious - at least something at HF isn't made in China :eek:

9. JLR88

JLR88
    from socal

Hedman Hedders are still made in the U.S.A. They are a few blocks from my house. And don't forget it needs to say Made in U.S.A. and not USA because there is a city in Taiwan called Usa!

10. outlaw256

outlaw256

friend of mine owns a small parts store in in the country where i live. had wheel cyls. and shoes and hoses for my 67 impala we are rebuilding.every box i opened had parts made in china and i think it was pakastan.all usa brands all import parts.on just one box it said printed in the usa.

11. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

That's not technically correct.
    The Evil Importers sign a contract with a Chinese exporter, he takes the plans, & puts it out for bid by a load of manufacturers. THAT'S where the bad sh*t happens & the corners get cut. The Chinese will do remarkable things to save a buck.

Chinese tool steel is pure sh*t, because it has so many impurities & is softer than comparable stuff, like Korean steel that is used in stamping. (cost savings in the mfg process)

Chinese Mfg is based on QUANTITY NOT QUALITY. I work in the auto industry & 75% of all the Chinese parts I see need reworking to meet the print during start up. The workers are not empowered to make the decsion to fix any errors they see, so they ship what ever they make

FcK em.

12. williebill

williebill

Had time to kill today waiting to go to my doctor.Hung out in an Ace Hardware I usually don't visit,and looked at a lot of stuff..Nothing I looked at was US made.Nothing.
    It's a shame that I consider Taiwan the lesser evil,valid or not.Guess my next trip to PullaPart will be to grab nuts and bolts off of pre 70s iron.

13. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

All of the parts that WEEDETR Street Rod Components manufactures are made here in the US. We have little control over some of our suppliers but we make 95% of our products in house.

14. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

Made in the US with steel from China by a guy from Germany who boss is a Frenchman from Canada who's works with a Englishmen who's house was built by a guy from Mexico with wood from who know's where . Does it make a difference where it's made??

15. Drive Em

Drive Em

MSD ignition products are made in the U.S.A. right down the street from me in El Paso,Tx.

16. budd

budd

buying anything made in the country you live will not help your economy, you have to export to bring in foreign money, make it hard for other countries to sell you goods and see how much of your good's their going to buy.

17. nexxussian

nexxussian

As for how they "get away with it" best I understand it, the part number, assebly number or assembly description (depending on which they use) includes the box, as well as all the packing material.

For that to be leagal they do that in an juridiction where "assembled in America" counts as "made in America".

They put it in the box here, it's not "assembled" till the box is sealed, I wish I was joking.

18. RAY With

RAY With

Age old problem thanks to our Government when they dropped the tariff on all imported goods. It wrecked America and in order to compete with foreign labor cost American MFG were forced to sub it out to foreign countries. It can be fixed and we can go back to Made in America but first we have to quit buying foreign and Government needs to put import tax on every thing made across the pond.

19. I always try to buy stuff made in a country other than China no matter what the cost, 99.9 % of the time the quality far exceeds the cheap shit from china. I have been supprised at times though thinking im buying good ol USA made gear only to find in the small print its chinese made.

20. Deuces

Deuces

In a way.... Yes!!!!
    We want our jobs back!! :mad:

21. Those are absolutley beautiful. Whats the price on them?

22. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I don't see a significant difference in what you wrote over what I wrote.

23. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I hope this thread stays alive, and doesn't get into political bashing / finger pointing drama.

24. Special Ed

Special Ed

25. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Here at Flaming River our products are about 90% made here in the USA, most right here in Cleveland OH. Columns, Steering boxes, power rack and pinions,joints, drops, etc. If a customer askes where a product comes from we tell them but I dont know of one thing we have here that has a China label on it. Couple items Italy, couple from south america 1 item Tiawann thats about it. I know whatever is made out of country is built to our spec. We are the only US manufacturer building an all new power rack. We have brought in the last year and a half all of our steering box manufacturing in house to control quality. Even the castings are now US castings. The Steet Rodder road tour people were just thru here checking it out, should be some photos in the magazine soon.

26. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

27. Dzuari

Dzuari
    from Muncie, IN

Im the third generation of my company and we are 100% US made, Aluminum foundry and CNC shop, been in the manufacturing business since 1947 and started our own line in 2008

28. Bigugly

Bigugly

Really? That's too bad. I was not aware they were not made in the US. Maybe they are referring to being assembled in the US? Sorry for the incorrect info.

29. Bigugly

Bigugly

I believe the reason for products being made overseas and job loss is a huge combination of government regulations, taxes, tariffs, free trade agreements, and unions. It's a huge mess that will not be fixed easily, or anytime soon!

30. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

Faribault Wollen Mil Co. in Minn. make fine wool blankets which are a must for any old car backseat accessory. In high school we wouldn't think of going parking without a fine wool blanket. the mill has just reopened after the c.e.o. of Dairy Queen bought the mill and started production. the equipment was slated to be shipped to Pakistan, but it was saved . they have been making wool blankets since 1863 and supplied WWI and WWII blankets to our troups. they are a little pricey, but they are worth every penny. they have a website . BUY AMERICAN !!! Cadillac Dave