Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage my pics from indy goodguys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldschoolrodr39, Sep 17, 2011.

1. oldschoolrodr39

oldschoolrodr39
    from marion,il

2. dennisfromiowa

dennisfromiowa

Very nice. Thank you.

3. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

4. fbama73

fbama73

I agree about the swap meet- the sellers need to put down their crack pipes when they price stuff

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011

5. bradroe

bradroe

Thanks for sharing. Im sorry you thought the swap meet sucked I worked my ass off all year to try putting on the best I could do and passing out fliers all over the the country. I thought the facility was awesome and the weather was awesome and that this show will be the one of the biggest Goodguys shows in the future.

6. sixtwo

sixtwo

Great pics! Thanks!

7. AFX

AFX
    from NC

Thanks for the pics

8. oldschoolrodr39

oldschoolrodr39
    from marion,il

was just use to the huge swapmeets in the past at raceway park, goodluck in the future.

9. haychrishay

haychrishay

Thanks for the pictures, you are alot more ambtious than me !

10. BLAINE 816

BLAINE 816

Great pics. many thanks.

11. fbama73

fbama73

I have no doubt that you busted ass on it. It wasn't your fault that the people selling smoked crack before deciding where to price stuff.

12. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I hope that NSRA and Goodguys don't compete for the same crowd on the same weekend next year. I would like the Indy show but can't drive 3 extra hours when such a good show is so close.
    Kazoo had an awesome swap meet.

13. barqsnut

barqsnut
    from Pearl, MS

I agree in principle and I'm one who prices (at least my nicer stuff) a little high (that's very subjective-depends upon your perspective usually based upon one's income yielding a particular number of expendable dollars-some of us ain't got as much to piss away as others). I do this for a couple of reasons; one, I want to be as big a capitalist as is possible, two, I want the person who's not in the market anyhow to walk on by (usually they don't-they just have to run off at the mouth about how high the price is) ang thirdly, it doesn't matter what price I put on it, somebody is always going to piss and moan about it and if in the market at all, try to beat the price down. Given all this, if a person is serious and courteous and makes mre an offer that is within the realm of reasonable, they're going to walk away with the object. With me, it's all about how you approach me. Hell, be nice enough and I may even just give the damn thing to you.

This is just my personal opinion and the way I approach swap meet selling-and buying.

14. fbama73

fbama73

Pricing stuff to allow negotiating room is one thing. Anyone with half a brain does that.

Pricing stuff at market value X4 tells me that you're really interested in keeping it. And I will respect your interest by walking away without even making an offer.

And, on the particular parts I was interested in, I saw the guy loading them back up Sunday afternoon. Doesn't appear anyone else agreed with him on the value, either.

15. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Cool pics. I enjoyed seeing the rods and customs nestled in around the racetrack nooks and crannies.

16. patina33

patina33

To bad it all happened on the same weekend, but I was set up at Marion County Swap Meet in Indy. This swap has been going on for years, don't know why Good-Guys picked that week end. The Marion County Swap Meet was great, sold a bunch of stuff, and bought a bunch, plus you can camp on your spot. A lot of people shopped at Marion County then went to Good-Guys or NSRA K-zoo

17. bradroe

bradroe

Thanks for your reply. I agree the swap at ORP was larger but with all that was going on I did my best. Goodguys picks the dates and I have to do what I can to make it the best swap meet I can. Again thanks for being there and we will see ya next year. The date for next year is on the 4th weekend of Sept, since there are 5 weekends in Sept next year so maybe the Marion County will be on the 3rd weekend and we all can have good attendance.

18. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

3 weeks in a row next year-weekend after labor day is shades--next weekend after that is k-zoo and the next one after that is goodguys

19. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Thanks for posting the pix!

20. lobuktruk

lobuktruk
    from Cayuga In.

I did good at the swap meet, I was a little worried with the low vendor turnout Fri morn. but people started rolling in and so did the money. I had my first or second best single day sales ever on fri and still did ok on Sat. I hope I wasn't one of the vendors that these guys thought was priced too high. I'm curious what stuff they are talking about. I agree that this show is going to grow in the future. Maybe next year I'll be able to do both swap meets.

21. oldschoolrodr39

oldschoolrodr39
    from marion,il

next year is sept 22nd weekend already announced

22. Cub8556

Cub8556

That 6 wheeled Miller race car that was in/near the swap meet was a high point of the day. I agree, prices for nearly everything was pretty high

23. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

great pictures....thanks for posting

24. fbama73

fbama73

If you did well, you weren't the one I was referring to. He had pretty much the same stuff at 2:30 on Sunday that he had Friday morning

25. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Wasn't the Coker show on the same day, too? Gary

26. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

So, one vendor had stuff you thought was too expensive and he took it home. Doesnt that happen at every swap meet?

27. lobuktruk

lobuktruk
    from Cayuga In.

I usually have a few things that are are priced for that one person that is looking for that one piece but most of the stuff is priced to sell and I sold a bunch, I even went to an auction Sunday and bought a bunch of new stuff with the money I made at Goodguys. Just curious, which vendor was it? What kind of stuff did he have?