Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Broken Boys...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gamlebilrokker, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Gamlebilrokker

Gamlebilrokker
    from Denmark

Broken boys is a direct translation of the term "Kaputte Jungs", which can be understood two ways, one, broken like "your car is broken", and second broken like "fucked up".
    The guys are a bunch of gearheads from northern Germany that tinker with anything on wheels that is not usual, you'll find rat rods next to perfectly restored classics, and 2005 Dodge Trucks next to a Mark I Rabbit from Volkswagen.
    Once a year, on the first weekend in September they would organize a beach party/car gathering in Eckenförde, directly at the beach, which might be a one of a kind location for such a show. I live just 120 Miles from there so I got into the Cadillac and drove down. We haven't had a great weather this summer over here in europe, actually it was the rainiest and coldest summer ever, so it was unusual that there was some sun, and that in september. However, the show is always a blast, tons of cars, every year better and more, pretty girls, german sausages, loads of beer, and most of the people attending find themselves the next day, lying on the beach between bottles, and old cars, not remmebering a thing or two of what happened the day and night before...

Some of the Stuff is not H.A.M.B. Friendly, this is still Europe, but it gives you an Idea of how we play around here. Most shows are very strict, I was planing to race the Cadillac that weekend on another show, where the car was rejected because it is one year too new for them folks, so I just drove there, and it was a good thing. It is all about gasoline there, nobody cares what the hell you came with, you could attend on a beer crate propelled by a V6 and you'd be welcome.

Here are some pics, please enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  2. Gamlebilrokker

Gamlebilrokker
    from Denmark

3. Some nice shots, but word of advice.......this site is for '64 and older. No one wants to see a pic of a rusted out fender of a pinto wagon

4. Gamlebilrokker

Gamlebilrokker
    from Denmark

Yup. That is why I said, not really H.A.M.B. friendly, but crazy and fun. Look over it, there is a chopped Plymouth inbetween.

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Who's the jiffy pop dude on the aircleaner?

6. Bone Head

Bone Head
    from Kansas

Look's like fun.

7. Gamlebilrokker

Gamlebilrokker
    from Denmark

Honestly, you are blessed by not knowing, you don't wanna know, I won't tell you.
    At last his pic makes a good aircleaner, other than that this man is of no use.

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Alrighty than:D