Register now to get rid of these ads!

48 Olds rear fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37_chevy, Sep 18, 2011.

1. 37_chevy

37_chevy
    from Nebraska

OK, I swear I have read here about putting 48 Olds rear fenders on 48 Chevys. I can't seem to find the posts now. Does anybody know if the wider Olds fenders are available new anywhere? I found the Superior fiberglass fenders in the wider width. Any "real steel" ones out there.
    Thanks!

2. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Yes, Pontiac and Olds (the SMALL series only!) will fit a Chev. No new ones are available as far as I know, but you should be able to come up with some here, on the 'bay, swap meets, Hemmings, etc.

Brian

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I don't really mean to question your thoughts on this but I can't stop thinking to myself...WHY? Why in the world would you want the ass end of your car to be that much wider then the front? I can certainly see the other way, as my '47 Olds has Chevy rear fenders which really makes the rear of the car narrower which looks alot better in my opinion. I can not imagine a Chevy (which I've had one of the exact vintage) looking better with Olds fenders vs the Chevy ones.

4. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Denise I had Pontiac fenders on my '41 Chev convertible sedan, and they looked great. Some of us like curves!

Brian

5. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I LOVAE curves as well....front and rear just need to be in proportion. In any event 37-chevy don't forget about a new rear bumper as the Chevy one will look like a pushbar not bumper with those Olds fenders.:D

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I agree the wider fenders look fine. I have a '41 Buick Coupe (Series 40A body type 44C) which is the 'Chevy' body shell and it also has fenders a couple inches wider than a Chevy does and I see no out of proportion appearance at all. In fact, just the opposite, as that body series is kind of 'fat' to begin with and the wider 'hips' complement the lines. I my opinion of course...........yours may differ :)

Ray

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, your chubby Buick front fenders looks great with your chubby Buick rear fenders, BUT the original poster is taking about putting chubby rear fenders on a Chevy who's front fenders are narrower then the Olds.

I guess it's probably no big deal as most won't even notice.