Register now to get rid of these ads!

235 headers and intake help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56boracho, Aug 29, 2011.

1. 56boracho

56boracho
    from lot

Should the stock intake bolts work with the headers and offy intake I'm trying to put them on now but theirs two bolts where theirs a gap between the intake n bolt n won't line up straight

2. 56boracho

56boracho
    from lot

I figuired it out on mounting the headers and intake, I'm began installing the throttle linkage I got from Patricks, I been having trouble getting the rods for gas pedal to go to the linkage i bought do most of you guys just bent that rod to fit between the intake n headers??

3. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

Yep - bend linkage, see if it works without binding; bend linkage again, see if it works without binding; bend linkage again, see if it works without binding;.........repeat as necessary......:D:D

4. 56boracho

56boracho
    from lot

I figuired it out on mounting the headers and intake, I'm began installing the throttle linkage I got from Patricks, I been having trouble getting the rods for gas pedal to go to the linkage i bought do most of you guys just bent that rod to fit between the intake n headers??

5. ErikDaViking

ErikDaViking

I have a 250 with the dual Offy manifold and a set of cast iron headers form Langdons. I am using the linkage kit he sells, it seems pretty good. Throttle linkage was kicking my ass too, I ended up saying to hell with it and running a cable. I put a couple pictures below.

As far as the heat plate, I bought one with the manifold but I'm going to try running without it first (I haven't started the engine yet). I would rather not hassle with running the coolant lines, and I want to keep the engine bay as uncluttered as possible. If I have issues after I start running her, I can always go back and put the heat plate on...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Thanks for the pic Viking. I'm up against the linkage problem myself with my 235 and cast iron headers.

7. ErikDaViking

ErikDaViking

So far so good....Trying to figure out a solid linkage was making my head hurt. The cable was around $40 from Jegs, I made the bracket out of scrap but you can get a small piece of 16 ga sheet metal for a few bucks at the hardware store.

8. blucar

blucar

It appears to me that there is two questions being posed here by "wood1134":
    1. Will dual carbs/exhausts and/or headers make the car run better?
    2. Is a heat riser necessary on a car that is located in Las Vegas?
    Generally speaking the addition of dual carbs/exhaust will provide very little bang for the buck. Of course if other improvements are made to the engine such as a modified cam and a performance ignition, then there will be improvements to the performance. The added noise of the dual exhaust will give the impression that more power is being made, but in reality it ain't so.
    Heat risers, either hot water and/or exhaust gas are an absolute must on inline engines.. Many of the performance car types are located in a more temperate climate, So Cal, so they can pretty well get away without running a heat riser.
    I have lived in Idaho, and still have property up there. I have also lived in Vegas, which was one of the coldest places I ever lived, and I have lived in So Cal for over fifty years... I have found that heat risers are a must if you want to avoid dumping raw fuel into your engine when summer temps start to fade away.