Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 Chevy belt line stainless trim install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by motoandy, Sep 18, 2011.

1. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I recently acquired a project 52 Chevy 2 door sedan. The stainless trim at the belt line was removed and holes were filled. I know I can re-drill to mount trim. My question is how do you get access to install the nuts on the trim. Do you have to remove the window glass in the doors? Space is tight and looking to see if there is a trick... thanks, Motoandy

2. Ice man

Ice man

As I recall, most of the original type clips were installed from the out side and snaped in place. But that is a lot of work to redrill and remount the clips with the hole now exposed to the elements and water getting in and rust starts. It might be better to try using trim mounting tape. NO holes, no clips. NO RUST. Iceman

3. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

If they use the same clips as a pontiac, only the ends use a stud with a nut. All of the clips in the middle are push in.

4. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

All of the threaded studs are in place on the backside of the trim. If I redrill the holes, which have been filled, how to I access the stud to install the nuts?

5. I think you'll have to pull the door and 1/4 pads then reach up inside and install the nuts. Rear seat and lazy back will have to come out. Others around the backlite will be from the trunk.

6. robleticia

robleticia

^^^^^^correct!

7. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

Yeah, sorry I was talking about the door sections. The section under the wind shield and the section around the back has studs all the way around. Front section is accessed under the dash, rear from the trunk, and from access holes in the inner quarter structure(to the sides of the back seat).

8. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

ANy one have any pics of an install?

9. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC