Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Good or bad let us see pictures of your F1 or F100!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56fordf100, Dec 16, 2008.

1. thank's for all the info my friend,
    this is a good idea

2. beast460

beast460

one piece at a time.

huh, you're quoting cake.

3. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I like that! What color is it?

4. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Latest of my 1965 and 1966

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Thanks for the comments about the F1. There are some great old Ford trucks showing up on this thread.

It was a PPG paint, called Olive Pearl Mist. It flops from dark green to a nice olive color depending on the light.

-Ken

6. BigBlockItch57

BigBlockItch57

I like this thread!! Speaking im a huge ford pick up gal! My daily driver was a 1965 ford f350 dump truck drove it back and forth to work for over a year.... now it sits in our yard.....

[​IMG]

My next project is a 1961 f100 custom cab... and here it sits!!!

[​IMG]

7. MonteSS

MonteSS

Here's my 55. Bought it totally dissassembled. Really lucky that the previous owner saved every nut and bolt. Right now just putting back together and make it a driver.

Attached Files:

8. DANSLED

DANSLED
    from CW, Ohio

here's my dads 51 f1, got to get this thing finished, seems like theres is always some family or health thing comes along and this gets put aside til later. was suppose to be a 50th wedding anv. gift, it'll be a 60th in a year and a half :D

Attached Files:

9. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Looking back through this thread I wish I'd just fixed the brakes on my 54's original frame, pulled a few leaves and never fucked with a S-10 frame swap.

10. ^^^^^I feel the same way about the big block, chop top Volare thing.^^

11. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

I made mine a convertible (can't drive it in the rain, doors close like shit despite all the bracing) and swapped in a SBC to replace the 4.3 in the S-10. Now I'm trading the V8 for a 250 6-cylinder and a 3-speed because the combination of the 54 Ford cowl and S-10 firewall make it near impossible to pull the distributor. It also annoys me off that I have a truck with no inner fenders, yet its still a pain in the ass to change the plugs on one side thanks to the steering shaft.

Now that I look back, I could've took 1/2 the money, 1/2 the work, 1/2 the fabrication and had a close to original truck that everything would've worked on.

12. Tacson

Tacson

Frosty21 dont beat yourself up to bad. It is a hobby where we express ourselves and take chances. Who knows you may find another decent cab and do what you now know.

13. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Haha, thanks. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, just wishing I'd followed a more "traditional" path. Guess I should've listened to the HAMB.

Although, I must say that my old truck rides smooth as silk with the IFS and rear leaf's from a S10 with the comfort-ride suspension package.

14. j-dogg

j-dogg

Cant remember if I posted mine yet.........

Attached Files:

15. THEKID49

THEKID49

Yes it was built by Harold Murphy. He has some pics from the build, but nothing posted. It started as a customer project, then that guy lost interest and Murphy bought it from him. It was started back in the early '90's, just before he got the Matador.

16. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

[​IMG]

Pulled the small block out of mine today before work. Beat the living hell out of the firewall for a little extra clearance. Don't mind losing a little interior room. Hopefully I'll have the 250 6-cylinder in by next weekend. Not going to mess with rigging up a mechanical clutch for the 3-speed, just going to run the 700r4 thats in the truck.

17. abrowndude

abrowndude
    from Texas

Almost time to put mine all back together. 48 F1

Attached Files:

18. Tailgaterdude

Tailgaterdude

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  19. Tailgaterdude

Tailgaterdude

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  20. Itchy

Itchy

May be a re-post, but here's my 48 F-1.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. someone have pis of a 48-52 with a front 3¨drop axle with 15 and 16 inch wheel please?
    thank's

22. Waffle

Waffle

my 59 F100 DD

Attached Files:

23. Well, thats part of building. The I shoulda, Im going to, wish I hadda, Best part is we all learn form our mistakes. Makes us better builders.
    I just spent the whole weekend pulling a 3.8 super charged V-6, 5 speed, & rear end out of T Bird Super Coupe. Don't know what I'm going to do with it. At least I have it for another build someday.

24. toolman1967

toolman1967

Itchy, good looking truck!

25. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Made some progress on mine today. Got the motor dropped in. It still needs to come up an inch, go over an inch to the passenger side, and I need to fab the mounts. Couldn't resist uploading pictures of a Straight 6 in a S10 frame though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some clearance pictures. I'll probably switch to a smaller starter from a late model Camaro. I still have enough room to remove the starter without removing the engine however. You can reach around the engine at the back. So I think I'm good there, haha.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Excuse my hacked wiring/firewall. Truck is still a ongoing project.

26. grovedawg

grovedawg
    from Heber, UT

Add my vote. I love your truck.

27. nosehairdreadlocks

nosehairdreadlocks
    from Hawaii

28. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii