Register now to get rid of these ads!

*** Stolen Car Alert *** 1932 3w Hot Rod of the Year Contender ***IT'S FOUND!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Sep 16, 2011.

1. jipp

jipp

them security guards get paid pennies.. they are not gonna go out of there way. that is on expensive car i would of been paranoid i would of done something.. but i guess if i could afford the car i doubt money is a issue.. so maybe i would not think much of it.. hard to say. if they do get caught, i bet meth was involved.. iv not heard of anyone else getting caught.. i think the other ones were def professionally.. as they did not leave evidence behind.. meth head would not be thinking right..

2. Bar Ditch

Bar Ditch
    from Tacoma

That sucks!They probably risked returning the truck and trailer because they thought it would buy them time. It sounds like they were ametuers trying to be pros. Only ametuers would return a truck probably thinking that it could be tracked and the car couldn't. If this is the case the drop point has to be within a reasonable distance to account for time. I would check fuel and milage on the truck. And only complete idiots would leave evidence behind.Good luck. LB

3. big creep

big creep

wow again! fucken assholes! guy get lojack or a freaken gps system for fuck sakes! i hope they find this one quick! nothing is safe but better to have something than nothing at all!

4. We flatten the tires of our trailers at national shows. Blow 'em up in the morning with a plug in compressor. Even been known to take a tire or two off and lock it up in a buddies car. Whatever it takes to keep your shit in the parking lot......Trust NO ONE....

5. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

That is just ludricrous!! I hope they get the car back!! :(

6. Bad situation for all. The Jason and Jim are top shelp folks also. Thanks for the update larry.

V

7. Deuces

Deuces

I'd cut their balls off so they can't contaminate the rest of the world... :mad::mad:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  8. Lets hope Steve gets his '32 3 window back, it sounds like it is an oustanding rod!
    Here's a suggestion for future events. The hotels can do more to help with security (if your room costs go up by 5-10% because of these costs) i'am sure the participants would'nt mind paying.
    eg> you could have a hotel hotrodder manned entrance that would only allow you to enter or leave by showing your event wristband or registration papers. I have also been to event hotel/motels where they have high profile armed guards in radio communication with each other to stop theft and vandalism in the parking lot.

9. Old&Low

Old&Low

I'm with Bar Ditch. Check the mileage and figure a radius for a likely 'search pattern;' Jason and his crew had better be prepared do do this leg-work themselves. Remember, this is a stolen car, not homicide; the police are only going to allocate resources and techniques appropriate to the crime. Thirty years ago I had a similar situation and found the thieves myself by 'playing detective' and noting how people responded to my questions. Back then during the 'ugly aftermath' I had complete support from the Sheriff's Dept. because they didn't have the time I was willing to devote to this type of crime.

10. abone1930

abone1930

Man that sucks:( That was one fine car. Eyes peeled.

11. Man that's a beautiful car! Very tasteful.

These high profile cars have to be a going overseas.

Neither of my projects are anything fancy but when I get them running you can that I'm gonna have a security system of some sort. Not sure what it will be but I'm gonna figure something out.

I'm up and down I 40 in Knoxville, Tennessee everyday. I'll keep an eye out here.

JH

12. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

This crap makes me sick. This stuff makes me wanna stick to going to cruise in's so I can sit in a chair next to my car the whole time im there. - Mayor

13. literally just thought of that before i read your post. a cheap compressor is only like 40 bucks. worth it? i think so

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

how could a person with all that money tied up in a car not have some sort of tracking device on the truck, trailer and car??? and they got in the truck and drove it away? my ratty old 49 chevy stayed outside 3 times in the time I owned it, I at least disabled the battery and put a club on it. one time I even slept in it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  15. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

They should keep a watch around Houston or Galveston. Lots of cars are being loaded into shipping containers and being shipped to South America. Lots of money down there just waiting to be spent. A friend of mine has a Lincoln Zephyr waiting to be shipped to Houston so it can go to Brazile.

16. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That's horrible. Hopefully it has a happy ending on the horizon. Fucking Assholes.

What other cars were stolen?

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Jason said that he heard Troy Trepanier's truck was stolen also. He didn't elaborate on which other cars were taken.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Don't be so quick to think this car is going out of the country.
    I have some friends with Hurst/Olds. They said 4 H/O got stolen from the hotel of their national convention in INDY a couple of years ago. I don't recall the details but 3 of the 4 were eventually recovered I think still in Indiana! The engine from the 4th was also found. The Indy police were less helpful than they should have been.

19. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Man, this just sucks. I hope the pricks realise they have an un-sellable item and arrange return.

I'll pass this thread onto a few of the Aussie international shippers I know just in case they try to bring it over here, not that there is any chance of that with our new import laws.

20. RAY With

RAY With

Several million dollars worth of hot rods stolen this year already and it wont get any better. Tweekers--scrappers are out there and just looking to steal your shit. 3 to 5 hundred is cheap insurance to be able to track your ride and I suggest you get on the horn and make arrangments to secure your ride. We will see much more of this shit before it stops.

21. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I have a plan. Lets park a trailer with a 10 Hambers in it ready to roll and wait.

22. dmikulec

dmikulec

Damnit. :mad:

A car worth several hundred thousand? I'd be sleeping in the truck.

23. That's what I'm talkin' about!!!

Hope they find it quick, I'll never own anything that nice!

24. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Have your shows in Wisconsin...we have conceal carry now!

25. thirdstreettito

thirdstreettito

We need torches and guns. Fucking pieces of shit thieves are. I hope they find the car whole and unharmed with the thieves incapacitated..... :D

Delete if there is too much violence in this post... :D

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hotel/motel security just like fairgrounds security is only there to protect the Hotel or Motel's property. They have no interest in protecting the property of the customers but will nail your ass if they see you walk out with a towel and throw it in the car to wipe it down at the show.

27. Churchy

Churchy

Eyes peeled in Wichita KS... Good luck... when you find the person/persons, bury thier asses...

28. apound

apound

This hit too close to home for me. Talked to Moose and they got Troys F-350 truck also. Makes me sick all over again. That looked like one fine 32. Hope they have better luck than I did after my experience at Googuys Columbus.

29. dep5

dep5

30. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Man, this makes me sick to think we have this kind of theft going on in Indy! During the U.S. Nationals some super/stock hemi carbs and tools were stolen in that same area. It's a bad area now that the airport has moved a few miles to the west.On the upside a race car and trailer were stolen a couple of months ago and that stuff was later recovered. Maybe this will end well also.