Register now to get rid of these ads!

1900 miles to billetproof

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cousin steve, Sep 15, 2011.

1. cousin steve

cousin steve
    from Orting WA

I'm taking the long way around but the best part of the trip is getting there! I knew I'd be comming through that area on that weekend after a 2 week vacation so I chose th drive my 1953 pontiac the whole way! Who needs ac when you got wing windows!

2. Bittetproof????

3. cousin steve

cousin steve
    from Orting WA

Typing on the phone isn't my best work :-\ fixed it

4. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

Cool Steve, glad you decided to roll down in the Pontiac, wish all the Misfits could be in Cali with ya. Enjoy the sun, the rain has returned to the northwest...Alan

5. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

I'll be on the lookout for the Pontiac..

6. Choptop

Choptop

NICE... see you at the show!!!

7. cousin steve

cousin steve
    from Orting WA

Look for the one with all the bugs smashed on it! Wish the misfits were rolling with me too. Headed back to reality after this weekend.

8. dubcee

dubcee

Good to see your enjoying your self Steve, and made it out of Vegas with gas money in your pocket! Missed ya at the Enumclaw show, but Kieth and Alan took up the slack! Spence had some lame excuse, (work/sleep), but we will all have to hook up later! Good luck on your last leg of vacation , and drive safe!

9. dubcee

dubcee

steve you there yet?

10. mlagusis

mlagusis

Have a good trip. Say hi to my brother Nick at the gate. He is the harry greek guy working the door with the Dragoons

11. cousin steve

cousin steve
    from Orting WA

Made it home. Laid down over 3000 miles total for the trip without any real problems. I did rip my bumper off dragging it down the strip in vegas one night but a couple new bolts fixed that ez. Billetproof was an awesome show! Great to see so many cars you've never laid eyes on. Great cars, people, weather and just a great time in general. So glad I made it part of this road trip.

12. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

13. Choptop

Choptop

thanks for coming down!!!

14. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

I saw your Poncho at the show, it looked really good, I was in the green Pontiac just across the way from you. Glad to hear you made it home and BRAVO for taking the car such a long way!!

15. If there aren't any photo's it didn't happen !!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

I agree, we need photo proof of this adventure.....Glade you had a good time with no mechanical issues.Alan

17. cousin steve

cousin steve
    from Orting WA

I had the best intentions of documenting the trip with lots of photos but turns out I didnt take a single picture. There were plenty of people who saw me though. when you drive an old car across the country be prepared to talk to someone every time you stop for gas, get something to eat, or use the restroom. #1 question....what year is it? I got plenty of "want to sell it" and even a few "swap ya for what I'm driving" I had a great time and I will make more of these trips! Thats why we build these cars, to drive the piss out of them.

18. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

steve, have you not learned anything from hanging with Alan and me. you have to take a camera everywhere you go... we might have to beat you with a crown bag full of ice.... glad to see the trip went well. putting some good miles on your ride..

19. cousin steve

cousin steve
    from Orting WA

Thats the problem Ken, hanging with you and Alan I dont have to take any pictures cause you two always get all the killer shots. I got spoiled!

20. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Post some pics of it. Not sure if I saw it there since I don't know what it looks like..

21. cousin steve

cousin steve
    from Orting WA

a few I got in my computer.

Attached Files:

22. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Definately didn't see that. Were you there on saturday or sunday?

23. cousin steve

cousin steve
    from Orting WA

It was a one day show this year, so saturday. I was out back where there were some trees for shade, couple rows over from the Gambino crew. Saw your ride up front by the gate. you have your HAMB tag on your firewall?

24. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Not sure how I missed it...always looking out for Pontiacs

Yep, high and proud.

Hopefully next year I'll have my '37 Pontiac coupe moving under it's own power.

I got to see a '37 Pontiac coupe there saturday. A real treat because you never see them. Sometimes a sedan, but never a coupe...

25. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Not sure how I missed it...always looking out for Pontiacs

Yep, high and proud.

Hopefully next year I'll have my '37 Pontiac coupe moving under it's own power.

I got to see a '37 Pontiac coupe there saturday. A real treat because you never see them. Sometimes a sedan, but never a coupe...