Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. tbolt64804

tbolt64804

A big thank you,thank you,thank you to Jody Aberts for this thread, what a godsend for us Thunderbolt lovers. Question? Why is it so darn hard to post photos of T-Bolts from the 60's.?? Help!! I've tried and tried.?? Also, someone please help me find out more info on the Farnham Ford driven by Bob Balderson. It was sold to Donati-Glassco in 1965. I've posted info before and only got reply from Dennis K. Come on people. Jim

2. Falconred

Falconred

Any body coming down to Panama City, FL, Sept. 23-24, for the Old Drag Racers Reunion?

3. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Looking for some Prayers for Mine and Fast Eddies Friend Dale Schroeder. Dale has the 64 T-Bolt Tribute Race car . Dale was involved in a wreck in his T-Bolt this last weekend out at Julesburg Dragway. Something happened to his car at the end of the track after winning his race, It took a hard right turn and rolled 6 times. I just found out tonight his wife Sandy called asking for Prayers. A couple of compresion fractures in his back, three broke ribs, and a punctured lung. I guess he has been in and out of critical condition. Dale, Eddie and myself were going to race Julesburg this next weekend and then get ready to Caravan out to Cal. Hot Rod reunion. I dont want to lose another friend this year, You better make it Dale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. DrDano

DrDano
    Alliance Vendor

Best wishes on his recovery, hope he pulls through a-ok. Did Dale by chance have a second '64, white tube-chassis car?

5. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Thanks, One of the nicest guys Ive met out there racing. We just starting traveling together this last year. He watched me debut my Comet out at CHHR in 08 and caught the bug for Nostalgic racing. I'm not sure about the tube chassis car. I know he had bought up 4 or 5 T-bolt projects. He said he really wanted to do a 2 door T-Bolt Wagon.

6. DrDano

DrDano
    Alliance Vendor

I'm pretty sure I met him at Bandimere a few weeks ago at test-n-tune Wednesday night. After the night was done he was loading the other car in the trailer and noticed me taking a picture of it. Was super nice, invited me into his hauler to talk Thunderbolts and showed me pictures of the car above despite the weather coming in and a complete stranger bothering him.

7. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

Here's a couple pics posted over at the Stock-S/S-F/X thread by FAM4WILLYS that I don't remember seeing here. Note the cloverleaf hood.

Kevin

Attached Files:

8. Calling all Thunderbolt guru's...I would love to know what happened to this very cool '32 Ford roadster? :)

Attached Files:

9. jay7262

jay7262

10. jay7262

jay7262

11. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

Is that 32 roadster supposed to have a 427 in it? Cool.

Best wishes to Dale, we don't need to lose any more Ford guys with taste.

I hope my 64 can make it's 9 second pass next weekend so i can retire it. It's going 134 mph and i'm using a j shaped hoop rollbar with one backbrace and one side. Bare minimum legal to 10.0. Once it's illegally fast i'll finish the 64 Comet which has a full chromemoly cage and use the Fairlane for the street.

12. ragnastyford

ragnastyford

the original Driver of the unibody pickup called f100xl with stuwilson on it wasJack(skinny)Fuche he worked for DST &drove there drag cars after 63 summer nationals truck was sold to jack Whitby then DST started building the t bolts Jack B Fuche!! :D

13. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Wickedjohn, I talked to my brother who is friends with Glidden and he said that he was pretty sure that 32 was Bobby Allen's of Glidden and Allen. Don't know what happened to it but it had a 427 of some kind he thought. Maybe a Cammer. He is going to make a call and see if he can find anything out about the car. Tom.

14. Keep me posted on the '32 Ford roadster! :)

15. jorswift

jorswift
    from Indiana

My Father-In-Law and I jus became new owners of an "orginal" Thunderbolt! We actually bought 2, but one was a cheap version clone, which we resold and the other is the real deal! Check it out!

Attached Files:

• T1.JPG
      T1.JPG
      File size:
      336 KB
      Views:
    • T2.JPG
      T2.JPG
      File size:
      320.3 KB
      Views:
    • T3.JPG
      T3.JPG
      File size:
      67.9 KB
      Views:
    • T4.JPG
      T4.JPG
      File size:
      482.4 KB
      Views:
  16. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

Do you have any pictures of the Real one?

17. jorswift

jorswift
    from Indiana

The real one is the white one and the clone is the purple one in the pics above. Thanks.

18. Falconred

Falconred

Sorry but the white one is also a clone. All the original cars were sedans (post) where yours is a hardtop. The only hardtop one that is even considered a close cousin is the one built for Bonner.

19. jorswift

jorswift
    from Indiana

OH MAN. I didnt know to much about them before he went out and bought it. He was told it was an original. Can you tell me a bit more why it isnt and what an "original" is? thanks.

20. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

Falconred has already said it. I needs to be a post car not a hardtop.
    I hope he didn't pay to much for this car!

21. jorswift

jorswift
    from Indiana

What are the VIN #'s? I was told that if it had a K in it, that is how Ford
    distinguished it. It has a "K" in the vin #. What are some other factors? Thanks.

22. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

The K in the fifth spot of the VIN means the car was a hi-po 289. The K in the second spot of the VIN only means the car was built in Kansas City. Which is yours?

All of the original 100 1964 Thunderbolt Fairlane serial #'s start off with 4F41K.

23. The purple one isn't even a Fairlane or built in 1964..... It's a 1963 Galaxie!!! No Thunderbolts in those photos.....

24. Algon

Algon

Anyone have any record of the timeslips for the original ThunderBolt cars with a given version of the 427? Most of what I've found for the cars early on so far are mid 13s before major modifications.

25. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

What about the 65 Thunderbolt Jerry Harvey had after Droke...??

26. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

I was wondering how long that was going to take. I really do hope he didn't pay too much for the Fairlane.

KRH

27. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Yes, the factory burgandy cars when evaluated by Dan Jones before release ran a best 11.95 to 12.18 ET and 119.84 to 121.13 mph.

Even the DSO white cars with an automatic would turn low 12's, as delivered from DST. A stick car 11.90's. Blueprinting the engine, a Crane 300 Zip cam, and different tires in legal S/S trim would get a stick car in 11.70's or better.

This doesn't take into account long bars, 7,000 kit, and 4.86 gears. Granted, these are modifications.

Where did you read/hear mid 13's? Was that on seven cylinders?

Regards,
    Dennis

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  28. wool1962

wool1962
    from australia

regarding the white clone, it has a 429 thunderjet engine and a c4 in it. it was for sale on ebay recently out of mechanicsville va.

29. jorswift

jorswift
    from Indiana

Not sure the whole VIN. Will have to look next time Im in town. Man, thanks all for clarifing the info.

30. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

I remember seeing this one now! I thought I had seen this one before!

I agree with you! I just didn't have the heart to say it!