Register now to get rid of these ads!

33 dodge pickup, ideas, parts, pics, etc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodwerkz, Sep 14, 2006.

1. dogman

dogman
    from bc canada

what are you using 4 a frame

2. STUKA

STUKA

Maybe off topic a bit,but I know where one of these is in an old dump..Pretty grim condition,but I may be able to get a few chunks off if anyone needs them.

3. blacktopicasso

blacktopicasso

Here are a few of my 33/35 dodge small block, auto, cheater slicks. FUN.........................

4. 33mopower

33mopower

Since there is a lot of confusion in this thread I will clear a few things up. The dodge commercials 33-35 were all based on the early 33 car chassis with 114 wheel base. So the front end was the same on 33 cars, 33-35 1/2 ton commercials. Commercials being the commercial sedan, commercial canopy, pickup, and hump back panel(they also sold cowl and chassis). The doors on the pickup are different than the 33 sedan (and delivery and humpback) in that the rear top corner was rounded off. For all intensive purposes a sedan door can be used with a slight modification. In the pickups the only identifiable difference is in the gauges. The 33 had the speedo flanked on both sides by the accessory gauges. The 34 had the speedo on the right and the other 4 gauges on the left. The 35 had 3 round gauges.

Now onto early and late 35's. The front sheet metal is the same but the cabs are not. The early 35 cab is identical to the 33, 34 cabs. The late 35 cab is larger, the windshield is more raked back, The bottom corner of the windshield is rounded, The body line on the door hase one wide reveal instead of double b shaped reveal, and of course the doors do not open suicide.
    The cabs on the big trucks were the same but the sheetmetal was different. Hope this helps y'all track down the parts for your dodges and get em' done.

5. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

That's th ol' "Markster" truck.
    Speednazi had it last ...where's it at now???

If the way back machine works..I did a post on its first drive,6 years ago?

8 VW baffles in the headers,from 3 blocks away it sounding like a huge VW bug was coming.
    You know that funny whistle noise?

6. randingo8

randingo8
    Member Emeritus

Hey rodwerks, Here are a couple of pics of my 1933 Dodge Pick-up I'm working on. I'm runing a 1942 Spitfire Flathead 6 with a T-5 tranny.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See Ya!
    Randy

7. moontanker

moontanker
    from tn.

My very first truck at 12 and the memorie lingers as my dad sold it while I was away,and when I got home the fantasy of a red ram faded.Now at 73 I want it and I will persist ...

8. Any updates on this. I have purchased a 33 Plymouth sedan that had the body chopped from the "B" pillar back many years ago and used on a farm. My plans are now to turn it into a pickup so I'm chasing dimensions of cab from windscreen to rear of cab rear screen dimensions and height above main swage line as I dont have any references available. I will do an intro shortly and some of my progress.

Mick.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  9. Rand Man

Rand Man

I’ve decided to build one of these for my son.
    If anybody is holding on to a cab and it bed, le’me know.

10. scotts52

scotts52