Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is the best compliment you've ever gotten about your car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wsdad, Sep 15, 2011.

1. wsdad

wsdad

What is the best compliment you've ever gotten about your car? Maybe at a car show, race, a gas station, bench racing with your friends, by an old man or woman, little kid, hot chicky-babe, or something totally unexpected?

Click below for a similar thread, "What is the best compliment you've ever GIVEN about someone else's car?"

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6956997#post6956997

2. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Probally all the times people try to get me to sale it when it isn't for sale.

In fact one guy wanted mine so bad and I wouldn't sell it so he is having me help him build a clone of it....I feel that is a pretty big complement.

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Just the other day we rolled up at a light in front of a bar, and one guy yelled out.."Thats Fuckin bad ass!":eek::D

4. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Something totally unexpected, years ago ,suppertime phone rings ,hi this is tom west, telling me how cool he thought my packard was,I thanked him in closing he says you tiped the county on its ear, made a silk purce out of a sows ear, I thank him some more than he says oh by the way Tom is just one of my synomims, this is BIlly B,Steve Henrickson set the whole thing up geez I miss those guys 2 of the best taken way too soon!!!

5. silent rick

silent rick

my car looks better after dark

6. That it is fast?

Maybe the best compliment I ever got on a ride other than how fast it is was once on the Pusher. The wife and I were in the gas station filling up, the doors squeeked pretty bad and an older gentleman of color came over and asked if he could lube the hinges. He got done and said I love this old truck and thanked me for letting him lube the hinges. It was when he was getting ready to pull out that I noticed that he was driving a pristine '49 caddy.

7. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

From someone on here (sorry, can't remember who) "that looks like it came straight out of an Andy Southard shoot".
    Paul

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I had to take my '55 F 100 to the dump, there's a 30-or-so female that saw me driving up and walked all around it, exclaiming: That's a beautiful truck! Everything about it!"

Then she added: "Too bad it isn't a Chevy!"

I almost said something, but restrained myself. (she could probably diet)

9. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

I drive mine to work alot, and I get people rolling their windows down just to tell me how much they like it...at shows or cruise nights I usually don't pay attention to what is being said, but women, older women seem to like the color alot.

Best was one day driving home from work and a car load of young girls pulled up and told me" That is one sexy car" made me smile all the way home.

10. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Haa! The guy wants yours or a clone cause every time you launch that truck NASA goes on full alert?! You've got a screamer!

11. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

By Richard Ruth this past weekend "many this thing looks bitchin, really clean and sanny build, good job"....yup made my day

12. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Can be summed up in 4 words "Wish it were mine"

13. 28 chevy

28 chevy
    from NE Pa

About my burb. " Yeh, I looked at that and thought it was too far gone but I guess I was wrong!"
    J

14. H3O

H3O

both my 62 Falcon and my 59 Bug get "it's cute" all the time by the ladies.

15. My Friends 10 year old son seeing my 66 Plymouth Fury for the first time and sayin "man thats awesome, we could make a Lincoln out of that!"

16. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Anytime I get a thumbs up from someone in the "senior citizen" category, I think it's pretty cool. I don't really care what comments I get from the typical car show or local rat rod crowd. The older folks though, if they dig it, I take that as a compliment.

17. Actually once I had an old Ford coupe that was rough as a cob, I liked it but it was rough as a cob. Anyway I built a new engine for it from pieces of old cadillac engines that I had laying around and some new bits just to make it sweet.

I drove it past the Ol' Man's shop and he stuck his head under the hood whacked the throttle wide open then fiddled with the front carb. Whacked the throttle open again and said, "Sounds good kid." Come to think of it that is the best compliment anyone ever paid me.

18. Hmm.! It was back in '04 or '05 at the H.A.M.B. meet in Asbury Park and I was giving Joe Urspruch, owner of the '50 Merc "misty Blue", a ride to Mary Ann Carloni's house, to pick up a box of memorial Joe "The Fonz" Carloni T-shirts. The Chevy was bottoming out on the pot holed New Jersey roads. I apologized for my poor suspension and he said: No no no this is great, just like it was back in the day, before air bags got so popular! It's just like having a ride with my friend Joe! This car is just right!... No need to say I was as proud as I could possible be!

19. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

There's been 8 guys that saw my 55 210 when it was sitting in a wood shop and none of them wanted any part of it because it was "too far gone" . Since I've been driving it every one of these guys couldn't believe it was the same car and asked how much it would cost to buy it. I guess all of em gave the best compliment I could ask for

20. rld14

rld14

Had an older guy, probably in his 70s come up to me the other night when I was getting out of my 54 Ford...

"Damn is that a 54? My dad had one of those... I got a whole lot of tail in the back seat of it!"

Made my night!

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

2 comments come to mind after owning my 61 Dodge for close to 20 years.

an older guy I used to work with said "These cars weren't this funny looking when they were new"

..one time cruising down the freeway this dude pulls up along side me and screams "WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF CAR IS THAT"

most people just don't know what to think when they see it.

22. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Most women seem to love the aztec copper color of my vette. OOOh I love the color !!!!
    On another note...how bout dumbest things you've heard ? One time a girl told my brother she loved his "Dune Buggy" (32 5 window) A guy told me at a cruise nite that my 57 vette should have a straight six in it not a 283 !!!! Every bodies an expert

23. " You know what I'd change about your car? Nothing!!!"

24. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

GOD! I was sooo f'n happy when you turned that thing off!!!!!!!
    My response................What?

25. Larry T

Larry T

I was at the track on Test & Tune one night with my 34 International. I'd just made a pass and pulled back into the pits to let it cool. A guy walks up, doesn't say a word, walks around the car once, and just stands there for about 30 seconds without saying anything.
    Then says to no one in particular "Now THAT'S what it's all about." Turns around and walks off.
    Still makes me grin when I think about it.
    Larry T

26. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

I get some kind of comment/gesture every time I drive it. I had to stop due to road work, and the guy in front of me got out and came up to my car and asked about it and said it made his day, seeing a car like this being driven.

I get a lot from older people and it makes me smile when I see them smiling thinking back at their life when people drove these a lot.

ITS NOT ABOUT THE MILES PER HOUR, ITS THE SMILES PER HOUR!!!

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

This summer some guy yelled out as I rolled by....
    "Thats just plain sssseeexxxyyy"

It was cool the way he said it.:cool:

28. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

I had someone yell while i was leaving a grocery store parking lot in the ol nash " hey buddy, what do you feed that thing? Children?"

best so far

29. jmar49

jmar49

I was gassing up last night when this guy walked over and did laps around my truck and kept shaking his head, his wife walked over and asked what was wrong he said " It's not mine!" Then he made me an offer which included his wife as part of the deal( She didn't take that too good). Then showed me a pic of his dad's truck with him and brother's in back after a high school football game ,truck looked just like mine without whitewalls.Told me he wrecked it a week after getting his license and after seeing mine he will build one just like it. He took a few pictures and left.

30. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

About a five year old kid riding a Big Wheel on the sidewalk stopped, pointed at my '46 Chevy and said "Wow"....Made my week!